OT I Guess - Shout out to mauconnfan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT I Guess - Shout out to mauconnfan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
See when I think of mauconnfan's name, I always thought of it as "Mau" - Connfan. As in Mao Zedong. So I associated mauconnfan with things like rape, pillage, coup d'etat's , various iterations of communism, and various types of Chinese cuisine.

Until only recently did I figure out that it stands for MA, as in Massachusetts, UConnFan. It makes more sense that way.

No CT, forget that I live in Mass., you had it right in your assumption minus the various types of Chinese cuisine!:cool:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
See when I think of mauconnfan's name, I always thought of it as "Mau" - Connfan. As in Mao Zedong. So I associated mauconnfan with things like rape, pillage, coup d'etat's , various iterations of communism, and various types of Chinese cuisine.

Until only recently did I figure out that it stands for MA, as in Massachusetts, UConnFan. It makes more sense that way.

I trust mau completely, Mao is a totally different story. Historians changed his name from Mao Tse-tung to Mao Zedong to hide the fact that he was Jewish on the Tse side of his family. Which leads me to the Tung side of his family. My family always had corn beef, pastrami and tung on Sunday nights. I never could stand tung or Tse Tung. But the pork filled dumplings are a whole other thing.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Red Sox fan arrested at Logan.

"Man Arrested in Bizarre Naked Rampage at Boston Airport
By Tom Winter
Authorities in Boston arrested a man who allegedly stripped naked inside a ladies restroom at Logan International Airport, climbed into a drop ceiling, crashed through and then attacked an 84-year-old man, state police said. A motive for the bizarre rampage, which played out at 11:58 a.m. Saturday at Logan’s Terminal C, is unclear.

Cameron Shenk, 26, was arrested on several charges, including attempted murder, mayhem, assault and battery on a person over 60, assault on a police officer, and committing a lewd and lascivious act. The 84-year-old victim was hurt but his injuries are not life threatening, police said. A Massachusetts state police trooper was injured during a struggle during Shenk’s arrest. Shenk was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital and will then be booked."

Reaction Score
Red Sox fan arrested at Logan.

"Man Arrested in Bizarre Naked Rampage at Boston Airport
By Tom Winter
Authorities in Boston arrested a man who allegedly stripped naked inside a ladies restroom at Logan International Airport, climbed into a drop ceiling, crashed through and then attacked an 84-year-old man, state police said. A motive for the bizarre rampage, which played out at 11:58 a.m. Saturday at Logan’s Terminal C, is unclear.

Cameron Shenk, 26, was arrested on several charges, including attempted murder, mayhem, assault and battery on a person over 60, assault on a police officer, and committing a lewd and lascivious act. The 84-year-old victim was hurt but his injuries are not life threatening, police said. A Massachusetts state police trooper was injured during a struggle during Shenk’s arrest. Shenk was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital and will then be booked."

Just to clarify the timing and placement of this article by cohen, I am not 26 years old and that wasn't "mau" okay!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Just to clarify the timing and placement of this article by cohen, I am not 26 years old and that wasn't "mau" okay!
Nomar need be said It was clearly a demented Sux fan. Aren't they all? Oops. I'm having lunch Monday with 3 Sux fans. They need at least 2 more to equal one Yankee fan.

Reaction Score
I had the best of both worlds in the early 50s when I became baseball aware. I was a Yankee/Dodger fan. That could happen in CT. But I was more of a Yankee fan, so I was much more satisfied at WS time, but didn't cry too much when Da Bums broke through. I never got to Ebbets. I did get to the old Polo Grounds a couple of times. I went to the old Yankee Stadium a number of times and got to see The Mick hit several home runs. I never got to see Whitey in person.
I saw the Mets at the Polo Grounds in '63(?) Never made Ebbets but my father saw years of games there, and a lot at MSG for the Rangers. He also took me to old Yankee Stadium with my cousins. I've never been in the new one. Saw a Yankee-Red Sox game at Fenway in late '50s... my first major league game... Yogi was playing right field by then. Ted Williams had a few hits. Don't remember who won any of the games. He also took me to old Boston Garden for Celts-76ers, Russ vs Wilt. The seats were so bad I had to put my head on the seat next to me to see the other side of the court. It's somewhat painful to live so close to all the action, but still far enough away that it's a big chunk of time and effort to go. Loved it in San Diego when I could decide to run to the game 20 minutes before the start, and be in my seat for the first pitch. Padres even had a few good years while I was there with Ozzie Smith, Randy Jones, Gaylord Perry, and Dave Winfield.

Reaction Score
I've actually encountered another BYer on a totally different kind of board. non-sports. I was touting my novel there as I did here and they were as surprised as I to find another BYer there. I use a different name there: Fishymauconnfan :).

I go to a decent number of UConn events. I occasionally post on the Cesspool on the BY, not as often as I used to. There are a few guys there who don't see eye to eye with me, which is fine, but a couple of those I'm convinced are complete ***holes (they probably think likewise) and I always wonder if those are some of the guys near me I'm slapping five with at the games. I've only put one BYer on "ignore" and that is someone I'd be disappointed to find isn't an actual tool because there was never anything the least redeeming in anything they ever wrote. By the way, message me your picture so I can decide whether or not to coldcock you if I run into you. You can easily identify me, I am actually the woman in mau's avatar before my operation. "Commercial alert, " you can see exactly what I look like by going to my book website or to my page on Amazon and look at the back cover of the book.
Time to bring back the BYC.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I've always known it was MA Uconn fan but it doesn't matter - he's Mau. These things just have a life of their own. I mean, I'm sticking with this dumb handle aren't I?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Time to bring back the BYC.
The one year I was going to play, was the messed up day at Quarry when it poured in the morning, some of us were told it was canceled, I didn't go and a bunch of people played anyway. I was supposed to meet and drive with Joyce. And so, I remained anonympus until now and remain so to all but a treasured few.

Reaction Score
This is the first time a Yarder has met Mau and didn't talk about patron or Baby Guiness shots or Rebel Yell or waking up and not remembering the last 4 hours of the night. Wow.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is the first time a Yarder has met Mau and didn't talk about patron or Baby Guiness shots or Rebel Yell or waking up and not remembering the last 4 hours of the night. Wow.
Some people can hold their liquor. Cohen grew up on ceremonial wine after all.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I had to perform and needed to be away from the sin of drink. But I need to protect mau's rep. He did offer to sneak me a brew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom