OT: I don't want to go to New jersey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: I don't want to go to New jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Traffic in none of the CT and US cities compares with regular days with typically awful drivers in China. Kid stuff, but a nod goes to bostonians and other Marseholes for their clear ranking as worst, most aggressive, and idiotic US drivers.

Reaction Score
Traffic in none of the CT and US cities compares with regular days with typically awful drivers in China. Kid stuff, but a nod goes to bostonians and other Marseholes for their clear ranking as worst, most aggressive, and idiotic US drivers.

Believe it or not, I think Providence RI drivers are even worse than their neighbors to the North. The only other US city that is on the same page is Miami in my experience.

I have driven in several European Countries, also, and traffic is not as bad (except for some city centers as for the most part, highways typically do not cut into the city itself, e.g. the drive from Heathrow to downtown London goes to heck where the M4 ends at the loop road and then it is all city roads the rest of the way in) and the drivers are better except for Italy. The only that that I have been two and have refused to drive is Mexico City - absolutely insane in terms of volume and drivers. I have heard similar comments about Beijing and Moscow.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I haven't been to Mexico City since 1994, but lived there for 93-94, drove every day and traffic wasn't bad at all. What was bad was that rules weren't enforced and DF taxi drivers take risks that would have NYC cab drivers going, "WTF, that guy is crazy!"

Reaction Score
Fashonista - lol

091615tonnieschaus3sh.jpg

IWHI.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not, I think Providence RI drivers are even worse than their neighbors to the North. The only other US city that is on the same page is Miami in my experience.
Fair comment on providence and rhody, and their marsehole wannabees. Go figure!

And, miami's Latin America with a few too many russkies and other far east eastern europeans yet relatively tame compared with much of Latin America, Russia, Ukraine, Bylarus, etc.

Reaction Score
I haven't been to Mexico City since 1994, but lived there for 93-94, drove every day and traffic wasn't bad at all. What was bad was that rules weren't enforced and DF taxi drivers take risks that would have NYC cab drivers going, "WTF, that guy is crazy!"

I made about a dozen trips to Mexico City for work in 2007 and 2008. My route took me from the airport just east of the city center to my hotel in the Polanco district, which is just to the south of the city center, and then to my client's office way to the west in the La Lomas district. I never drove though because company policy prohibited non-Mexico employees to drive themselves while visiting Mexico for work (I have seen the car and K&R insurance rates and understand why). The volume was insane and traffic laws are generally not followed. What made me nervous were the jitney buses with people hanging to the side by a hand while the bus did 50 MPH made me worry that we would run over a fallen passenger every second. Also, the road around the hotel, la Reforma, is inhabited by a lot of big-shots (some in legal businesses, some not so legal) and consulates whose security detail while on the move would run anyone over. I actually walked to my company's office from the hotel a few times, which likely is not the safest thing to do; but, it was less than a mile away and for the most part I felt safe except when I had to cross a major road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom