OT: I don't want to go to New jersey | The Boneyard

OT: I don't want to go to New jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LINK
"A combative and drunken fashionista who once worked for Victoria’s Secret was busted for coke possession while driving the wrong way near the Holland Tunnel and screaming, “I don’t want to go to New Jersey,” Port Authority sources say...."

Can you really blame her though.... She chose going to jail over going to New Jersey... six of one, half a dozen of the other I guess. ;)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Fashonista - lol

091615tonnieschaus3sh.jpg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wait -- you can go to New Jersey? I thought New Jersey was something you only went through?
A wise ass attorney? Now there's a surprise. :rolleyes:

(It was a good line Biz.)

Reaction Score
Wait -- you can go to New Jersey? I thought New Jersey was something you only went through?
So it's sorta like Connecticut where most traffic on our roads is headed to NY or MA? Connecticut, however, has a secret weapon to get people to stay in our state for as long as possible: traffic. You see, it's better to hold people here against their will than to have never held them at all.

Reaction Score
So it's sorta like Connecticut where most traffic on our roads is headed to NY or MA? Connecticut, however, has a secret weapon to get people to stay in our state for as long as possible: traffic. You see, it's better to hold people here against their will than to have never held them at all.

CT traffic is amateur hour compared to Boston's.

Reaction Score
CT traffic is amateur hour compared to Boston's.

With one exception, that damn construction project on I-84 in Waterbury, that thing is backed up 24/7/365. The rebuild of the I-84 Viaduct in Hartford down the road will be another joy.

Reaction Score
With one exception, that damn construction project on I-84 in Waterbury, that thing is backed up 24/7/365. The rebuild of the I-84 Viaduct in Hartford down the road will be another joy.

Drive on I-93 north out of the city and you'll immediately want to kill yourself. It's the worst road I've ever seen in my entire life.

Reaction Score
Drive on I-93 north out of the city and you'll immediately want to kill yourself. It's the worst road I've ever seen in my entire life.
Interesting and you may be correct about Bostonian traffic (NYC' looks brutal, too; probably why this woman didn't want to "go to New Jersey", though we may want to think otherwise). But the I-84 East traffic through Waterbury still really sucks. It has it's moments of flowing traffic. I have to use an alternate route if I see it clogged from Rt 8.

Reaction Score
Interesting and you may be correct about Bostonian traffic (NYC' looks brutal, too; probably why this woman didn't want to "go to New Jersey", though we may want to think otherwise). But the I-84 East traffic through Waterbury still really sucks. It has it's moments of flowing traffic. I have to use an alternate route if I see it clogged from Rt 8.

I lived in CT most of my life, and I agree that Waterbury is hot garbage to drive through. NYC has it's problems, but at least everything makes sense. Boston is utter lunacy. Way too many people, and the road systems are an absolute nightmare. I-93 N just heading out of the city is the worst place I've ever driven in my life.

Reaction Score
I93 south out of the city is the worst stretch of road imho.

Reaction Score

She probably did not want to waste money paying the toll to get back into NYC afterwards because she needed that cash for other reasons.

Reaction Score
I lived in CT most of my life, and I agree that Waterbury is hot garbage to drive through. NYC has it's problems, but at least everything makes sense. Boston is utter lunacy. Way too many people, and the road systems are an absolute nightmare. I-93 N just heading out of the city is the worst place I've ever driven in my life.

NYC traffic is helped by the fact that mass transit in the area (LI Rail, Metro North, NJ Transit, NYC Subway, PATH, etc.), while they have their issues, generally works. In Boston, the MBTA is a joke and thus everyone drives.

As for roads, the worst ones in NYC, in my opinion, are the Cross Bronx (I-95), the BQE (I-278) through Brooklyn and the Van Wyck (I-678). I swear I can drive from North Jersey to Boston faster than I can drive from North Jersey to JFK via the GWB, Cross Bronx & Van Wyck.

Reaction Score

From 2002 to 2010, I worked in Back Bay and lived in Southern New Hampshire (Mass housing prices are insane!). Drove along I-93 from NH to Wellington Station in Medford every day. It fracking sucked. Good day, could make the 30 mile drive in 45 minutes. A bad day, such as snow or a Friday before a holiday weekend, could take me 2 hours easy. The drivers were insane, too. Once, a guy in a big Chevy pick-up truck in bumper-to-bumper tried using the left shoulder of the highway going over the Merrimack River to get through. Peeled the metal off his front end and door and kept going. After a while, after work on a holiday Friday, I would get out of work at 5:30, catch a movie next to the Boston Common and head home at 8 PM and be home by 9. If I had left at 5:30, I would have gotten home at 8:15, maybe.

The Big Dig helped with the highway traffic downtown, like when I had to catch a flight at Logan at 6 AM; but, it did nothing to help the rest of the highway. The I-93/Route 128 interchange is a complete disaster.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Take a spin on the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76) in Philly.

Or a walk - which is sometimes faster.

From the Curve down to about Vare Avenue, in both directions, during rush hour? Forget about it...

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

I think I-84 in Waterbury has been under construction my entire life..

Reaction Score
So the Mixmaster will be done in time for the Annual UCONN vs. Ohio State/Michigan games at Yankee Stadium!

Reaction Score
So the Mixmaster will be done in time for the Annual UCONN vs. Ohio State/Michigan games at Yankee Stadium!

Make that the New, New Yankee Stadium, or Yankee Stadium III, depending on your preference.

Reaction Score
Reportedly after this current project is done in 2019 (WTF?), CT is then going to try and replace the Mixmaster (I-84/Route 8 interchange). Our great grandkids will still be stuck in traffic there.

http://foxct.com/2015/06/19/updates...4-expansion-in-waterbury-new-project-planned/
This does not sound like a replacement. It says rehabilitation not a total redo which I think many were expecting. Replacing the mixmaster would be too expensive I imagine, and there's no way they could get that done in the next 4 years. Adding lanes, moving exit ramps, rehabbing/resurfacing bridges all sounds like stuff they can get done in 4 years.

Reaction Score
She probably did not want to waste money paying the toll to get back into NYC afterwards because she needed that cash for other reasons.
Don't know but why don't we ask the Magic 8-Ball?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Having lived in CT (Ffld Cty), NY (Westchester), DC (Alexandria), Philly (Gulph Mills) and Boston (Quincy) metros, I have to go with the BQE as it's not just tied up with traffic, it might be the worst stretch of Interstate in the country. The Schuykill was much worse 20 years ago when it was narrower with potholes every five feet. Never felt I93 North traffic was ridiculously awful, even during the Big Dig. But I-93S on a summer Friday afternoon when the entire state heads to the Cape... ugh. Same can be said for LIE/GCP on Fridays in summer. Honestly, I've been far more frustrated on the Merrit during evening rush hour. But as far as an entire metro goes, nothing beats trying to get out of DC going north or west during PM commute. Every highway, every secondary road... nothing moves until you reach the beltway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom