OT-Husqvarna weed trimmer | The Boneyard

OT-Husqvarna weed trimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
my troy bilt died and looking at a low end Husqvarna , anyone have experience. possible 122c

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I bought one of those and it caught fire and then exploded - I was killed instantly. Apparently, "husqvarna" is Swedish for "spontaneous detonation".

Ironically, my weeds survived.

I would definitely not buy one of those again.

Reaction Score
I bought one of those and it caught fire and then exploded - I was killed instantly. Apparently, "husqvarna" is Swedish for "spontaneous detonation".

Ironically, my weeds survived.

I would definitely not buy one of those again.

Holy fishy. Is that a true story? Some times I have to guess when you are around..

Reaction Score
Go with a stihl. Yeah, you can't get them in a big box store, but they are stout. I've got a load of stihl equipment. But asking people for an objective opinion about power equipment brand is like getting peace in the Middle East.

Reactions: THC

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Stihls are good if you're a smaller person - they make equipment for daintier people who cannot lift grownup tools.

Still, though, perhaps they are preferable to the Husqvarnas, which, of course, usually explode in a fireball within minutes of their first use.

Reaction Score
▲▲fishy did fire trucks have to come to your house

THC

Reaction Score
Poulan Eager Beaver line of tools work for me. Both my chainsaw, and weed-whipper are still going strong after 12 yrs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Found this:
Switching gears to the best weed wackers in the 2-stroke division, we start with weed wacker reviews of the Stihl FS 45 C-E trimmer with a 27cc engine. This trimmer has a standard bump-feed system that advances your line and it comes with the popular Stihl Easy2Start system. While some consumers have complained that they are not as easy to start as Stihl claims, this weed wacker only weighs 10.8 pounds and is powerful enough to make short work of tall grass and weeds. California consumers who purchase this best weed wacker will find that it comes with a catalytic muffler to meet the state's CARB requirements.

The last entry in our weed wackers reviews is the Husqvarna SRM-210i 21cc trimmer that prices around $220. It has the company's signature i-75 i-start easy start system that uses injected nitro glycerin and the 'Rapid Loader' system that inexplicably uses C-5 explosive for no apparent reason. This trimmer packs quite a punch and handles high grass and entrenched insurgents with equal ease. It weighs only 11.6 pounds and it comes with a 5 year warranty. This biggest drawback of this trimmer is its reputed tendency to explode in a fireball within minutes of their first use. Since there are no living witnesses to these alleged occurrences, it is impossible to say whether the 257 cases of spontaneous detonation were due to user error.

We hope these weed wacker reviews will help you decide which one will be best for your trimming needs and make your summer more fun filled and less work.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I love my Echo tools so far. Just bought a weed trimmer 2 weeks ago. Still works great!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Stihls are good if you're a smaller person - they make equipment for daintier people who cannot lift grownup tools.

Still, though, perhaps they are preferable to the Husqvarnas, which, of course, usually explode in a fireball within minutes of their first use.

I'd have pegged you as someone who rented a Mexican brand, under the table on an as need basis.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'd have pegged you as someone who rented a Mexican brand, under the table on an as need basis.

You would be very mistaken.

His name is Frank and I think his family is Dutch by origin.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Frank Deriet?

frank_dgp1.jpg

I know that dude, he does great work. Best Verkoop this side of the Nile.

http://www.dutchgardenplants.nl/?q=node/35

Reaction Score
Red Max. Light weight and powerful. Best cutting trimmer I've ever owned. Been in the business for over 10 years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I got one off of Craigs list, if you are whacking weeds once/twice a month then you only need one that will start and work 10 times a year,

Now if you are a landscaper or doing your neighbor's yard then do your research. If not then rely on the Lowe's or Ace clerk. I do however recommend the gas vs. electric for ease of use.

Reaction Score
I had a Husqvarna lawnmower that was an absolute piece of junk. It started falling apart - literally - at the end of the first season. I use a Stihl trimmer, works well, and almost every lawn contractor I see in the area uses one too, for what it's worth.

BTW - probably a completely different company now, but I have a Troy-bilt tiller that is over 30 years old that still runs like a top.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I have a Husqvarna dirt bike and a chainsaw. Haven't had any problems so far. But as to weed-whackers, Stihl is a good choice.

Reaction Score
my troy bilt died and looking at a low end Husqvarna , anyone have experience. possible 122c
Ok, I was a sucker. After a long career in advertising I should have know better but I bought a Worx GT. If you believe the infomercial the Worx GT would be the only trimmer/edger to buy so I bought it. The edger doesn't work and the battery lasts maybe 10 minutes. The WorxGT is a piece of crap.
BTW, the average cost of goods vs selling price on infomercial products is at least 6-1. That $19.95 product has a mfg cost of about $3-$4 so when they offer you a second one free except S & H (usually ab0ut$7-$8) they are still doubling their money on the second unit.
Elbow surgery left my left arm a little weak so I prefer lighter battery operated trimmer. Ryobi makes a good one with a 40 watt battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom