OT Huge night for uconn hockey | The Boneyard

OT Huge night for uconn hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Defeated #15 Quinnipiac 4-1
It's amazing to see how far they have come in such a short time. They have a bright future in Hockey East.
Even reminds me how many possibilities still remain for this young football program.
#HuskyUp #BleedBlue

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing them in the Civic Center whoops I mean XL Center!!!

Reaction Score
Also demonstrates that maybe the football team should be a little further than where they are now - like maybe resembling a football team on offense.........

Reaction Score
Also demonstrates that maybe the football team should be a little further than where they are now - like maybe resembling a football team on offense....

Mistake

You can't equate College Football to Hockey or our Championship hoop teams. The only thing I'd underline is that UConn keeps selecting solid young coaches & we point towards excellence in all our teams. (Rutgers??). Cavanaugh like Penders looks great at this point. I have high hopes for Diaco.

Reaction Score
Mistake

You can't equate College Football to Hockey or our Championship hoop teams. The only thing I'd underline is that UConn keeps selecting solid young coaches & we point towards excellence in all our teams. (Rutgers??). Cavanaugh like Penders looks great at this point. I have high hopes for Diaco.

True. Uconn Hockey also has a massive leg up on football due to their location within the country. Getting even mid-tier CT recruits to stay in CT means you are still getting some of the best talent in the country. A mid-tier in TX or FL is usually better than a mid-tier in CT for football.

Reaction Score
Mistake

No kidding.....Not saying I was expecting a season with many wins, but I was expecting to see some improvement weekly on the offensive side of the ball, especially after two weeks of practice preparing for a dismal Tulane team. The inability to throw a forward pass or to show any creativity offensively is really disappointing. I wonder what a good offensive coordinator could have done with the team to date. Guess we shall see what offensive trickery we have in store for ECU.

Reaction Score
No kidding.....Not saying I was expecting a season with many wins, but I was expecting to see some improvement weekly on the offensive side of the ball, especially after two weeks of practice preparing for a dismal Tulane team. The inability to throw a forward pass or to show any creativity offensively is really disappointing. I wonder what a good offensive coordinator could have done with the team to date. Guess we shall see what offensive trickery we have in store for ECU.

I wouldn't say Cummings is a bad coordinator, it's just no matter who is under center has absolutely no time to make anything happen. The O-line can't pass protect even if their life depended on it. You can't get created or tricky if the QB or RB is constantly having a defender in their face as soon as he gets the ball.

That being said, more shotgun/pistol please.

Reaction Score
Great win last night!. In the past 2 years they've bagged a few quality pelts, beating PC last year, drawing with eventual NCAA champion Union early in the season, and then a top 15 win last night. This team will have their ups and downs this season, but definitely will be fun to watch. They went balls out on defense with skaters blocking a lot of Quinnipiac shots.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. Solid overall effort. I will say it appears to me that we may have one of the best goaltenders in America. If you have that you have a chance every night. I went to game expecting to see us outclassed and although we were outplayed we showed we belong. I can't wait for the 11/5 game.

anyone know how ticket sales are going for that game?

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I was at the game. Solid overall effort. I will say it appears to me that we may have one of the best goaltenders in America. If you have that you have a chance every night. I went to game expecting to see us outclassed and although we were outplayed we showed we belong. I can't wait for the 11/5 game.

anyone know how ticket sales are going for that game?
Looked at tickets on the uconn website and they were pretty scarce. Hopefully the XL will be rockin against bc.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Also demonstrates that maybe the football team should be a little further than where they are now - like maybe resembling a football team on offense....
Seriously?

UConn has an absolutely SICK goaltender and Hockey has 5 players on the ice. Ask the Penguins what an all-world center, all-star wing and competent defense can do for a hockey team. You need a couple more pieces for a football program.

Completely ignorant statement from a sports point of view.

Reaction Score
What size crowd would be a success in people's opinion? I am all in on all Uconn sports and bought season hockey tickets. I think it could grow big but I am thinking 3-4K for that game is a home run. Am I off base here? I was surprised attendance last night was as low as it was.

Reaction Score
What size crowd would be a success in people's opinion? I am all in on all Uconn sports and bought season hockey tickets. I think it could grow big but I am thinking 3-4K for that game is a home run. Am I off base here? I was surprised attendance last night was as low as it was.

I expect us to outdraw the Wolf Pack home opener attendance #. I'm pretty positive UConn has a considerably larger ST base then the AHL club.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Time to start reading the media guide and get myself acquainted with the hockey program, since I never follow hockey.

Reaction Score
I was surprised attendance last night was as low as it was.
General questions to anyone who may have the answers or insightful opinions on this topic:
Was the defeat of Quinnipiac in Bridgeport considered a home or an away game? UCONN wore National Flag Blue jerseys, so I'm guessing it may have been an away game. Or, do college home teams now wear darker jerseys a la the NHL change of recent years? Even if the game was an away game, how much did UCONN athletics do to promote it in Fairfield and New Haven Counties?

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
General questions to anyone who may have the answers or insightful opinions on this topic:
Was the defeat of Quinnipiac in Bridgeport considered a home or an away game? UCONN wore National Flag Blue jerseys, so I'm guessing it may have been an away game. Or, do college home teams now wear darker jerseys a la the NHL change of recent years? Even if the game was an away game, how much did UCONN athletics do to promote it in Fairfield and New Haven Counties?

My understanding was away for us... WTIC morning sports announcers mentioned that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom