OT - Howard Stern | The Boneyard

OT - Howard Stern

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
anyone still listens to this guy on Sirrus/XM?

Hi-Pitch Eric is/was funny.

Its nice that he can say what he wants

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
With besbol season coming up I am thinking of finally getting XM Sirrius. I would love to have access to all games on radio.

Question: I live in a rocky rural area with bad overall radio reception...will this satellite radio come in clear?

Reaction Score
The bits they've been doing lately where they ask Eric the Actor if he would play certain roles have been hilarious.

The show has been really good lately.

Reaction Score
The show is great. As a listener of 20+ years, it really is as good as ever. More polished, sometimes too much talk about his America's Got Talent gig, but he's the best interviewer in the business and some of the guests and content there have been amazing.

That being said? He's on 3 days a week and takes every 4th or 5th week off for vacation. He's hardly EVER on live, it seems, and sometimes when my schedule doesn't permit a lot of listening, it'll seem like 2 weeks have gone bye without any new live stuff. It's bad enough where I constantly rethink cancelling my subscription.

Reaction Score
He's rarely on, but I still think he's really good. As deepster said above, he's a tremendous interviewer.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Here is Howard Stern in a nutshell. Howard interviewing a scientist who just found the cure for cancer: "So I'm sure this cancer deal is great and all but what I'd really like to know is, have you ever had a threesome?"

Reaction Score
Here is Howard Stern in a nutshell. Howard interviewing a scientist who just found the cure for cancer: "So I'm sure this cancer deal is great and all but what I'd really like to know is, have you ever had a threesome?"

Not true..

Reaction Score
All this says is that you don't listen to the show. Totally ignorant.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I agree... the interviews are real, straight to the point, Valerie Burteneilli was a good one

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I like when his parents were living with him during Storm Sandy... he was pissed

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I hear you can tell Sirrus to cut you some slack or you're going to cancel

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think they (Sirrus) has a 2 week-free promo coming up on the 30th of this month

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Question: I live in a rocky rural area with bad overall radio reception...will this satellite radio come in clear?

Yes, I would think you would be the perfect customer.

Reaction Score
There is not a better interviewer out there. Whether he is interviewing Octomom or Fifty Cent, he asks the best questions, and most importantly, he gets his guests to answer them. Just fantastic.

His interview with Hanzi the other day was fantastic.

Reaction Score
There is not a better interviewer out there. Whether he is interviewing Octomom or Fifty Cent, he asks the best questions, and most importantly, he gets his guests to answer them. Just fantastic.

I like Howard and I am a Sirius subscriber but I hated he Hanzi interview. Just like I hate the Debbie the Pet Lady interviews. I just don't get the humor in tormenting mentally disturbed people. YMMV

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I like Howard and I am a Sirius subscriber but I hated he Hanzi interview. Just like I hate the Debbie the Pet Lady interviews. I just don't get the humor in tormenting mentally disturbed people. YMMV
good point... do he help these people in any way. where is Beetle Juice?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
good interview with Tommy Motolla Wednesday morning

Reaction Score

I think his interview skills are way over rated. I have been listening to him since his channel 9 days and am a big fan. He is good because he will ask the outrageous question and many times guest will answer them. However he always interrupts when a guest is speaking. Half the time I don't think he is even listening to the answer but becomes more interested in asking the next question. So many times I will scream at the radio, "will you please let him answer the question"
But still love the show. Definitely liked it when Artie and stuttering John were still on the show.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Stuttering John... wow I forgot about him. Your right about him cutting into the answers and he tends to go wayyyy off track and forgets where he was, but I guess thats what make his interviews interesting

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom