OT: Hooker Brewery Moving to Downtown Hartford | The Boneyard

OT: Hooker Brewery Moving to Downtown Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hooker has submitted a bid to build a $15 million brewery and restaurant across from the new minor-league baseball stadium in the city.

"The company had given up on Hartford and was negotiating a move to an existing building in Windsor before the owner of the New Britain Rock Cats reached out… envisions including a touring facility, new work space for Oak Hill, a gift shop, restaurant and an outdoor Hofbrau Haus-style beer garden."

I am very excited for this! I love breweries and they really add to the vibe of downtown areas (I have been to Great Lakes Brewing Co in downtown Cleveland and its amazing)...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hooker has submitted a bid to build a $15 million brewery and restaurant across from the new minor-league baseball stadium in the city.

"The company had given up on Hartford and was negotiating a move to an existing building in Windsor before the owner of the New Britain Rock Cats reached out… envisions including a touring facility, new work space for Oak Hill, a gift shop, restaurant and an outdoor Hofbrau Haus-style beer garden."

I am very excited for this! I love breweries and they really add to the vibe of downtown areas (I have been to Great Lakes Brewing Co in downtown Cleveland and its amazing)...
So, when is the "Yard" invited to the grand opening complete with catering from Eastside?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This....is a great idea.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
With private funding and drawing in of other compatible businesses, the ballpark seems like less of a boondoggle.

Regarding Hooker, did anyone every have the Irish Red? How is it?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I really hope all of this come to fruition. This would be so awesome to have in Hartford. City Steam will do just fine and I really hope it doesn't get screwed up by having the ballpark not built.

Reaction Score
I really hope all of this come to fruition. This would be so awesome to have in Hartford. City Steam will do just fine and I really hope it doesn't get screwed up by having the ballpark not built.

Agreed City Steam will do just fine. If this move to Hartford is going to happen, I bet you you'll see City Steam's beers in the ball park. It would make no sense not to.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Anyone know if Hooker and/or City Steam beer is sold at the Rent? Seems stupid not to get local beer sold at the stadium. If the Rock Cats are going to do it, why not help out local breweries at UConn games too. Add the XL center to that list if they don't sell it already.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if Hooker and/or City Steam beer is sold at the Rent? Seems stupid not to get local beer sold at the stadium. If the Rock Cats are going to do it, why not help out local breweries at UConn games too. Add the XL center to that list if they don't sell it already.

I fully support this idea. The Rent should at least have one of those little beer carts on the concourse for local breweries. Maybe they could do something like a local Brew of the game and feature a different one at all the home games. I'd really like to see (like others have suggested) is a bar set up by the score board, so we can permenantly have all the locals on tap. And they could even try to bring in one the breweries to the shopping center they're building there to really show support to the local breweries.

Reaction Score
I think this is a fantastic idea. I'm excited for Hartford. Granted, as a New Haven resident this doesn't really benefit me much (until we got some high speed rail between the cities!) but I am just excited for all of my young Hartford friends to have more entertainment options in the city. Anything to keep young professionals in urban areas is a plus in my book.

Reaction Score
I've been a proponent of the field downtown since I heard the news. Hopefully there will be more announcements to come. It's too bad Dave and Busters is building in Manchester, thatwould be a great addition right next to the ballpark.

Reaction Score
I'm almost certain I've gotten City Steam at the Rent before. However, I've been there for the beerfests so that may be skewing my memory.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As a craft beer nut of sorts, this is great. I never get to Hartford, but the reality is that more breweries, help each other. Craft beer fans want a destination, and a single brewery isn't it. So adding Hooker to City Steam makes is more likely to drawn people in. Great news for Hartford. This is exactly the kind of thing it needs.

Reaction Score
As a craft beer nut of sorts, this is great. I never get to Hartford, but the reality is that more breweries, help each other. Craft beer fans want a destination, and a single brewery isn't it. So adding Hooker to City Steam makes is more likely to drawn people in. Great news for Hartford. This is exactly the kind of thing it needs.
It would be pretty cool if CT breweries became a bit more consolodated. Make it a destination of sorts like the VT Beer Trail.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Dont know about them, but 10 Penny Ale (Burnside Brewery, E.Htfd.) is sold behind the HD Video board (right side if looking at it from the field).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
+1, a brewery crawl is entirely way too hard at this point.

It isn't easy in VT either really, but the beers are so good people do it anyway...or at least hit the pubs in Waterbury and get everything on tap.

Reaction Score
It isn't easy in VT either really, but the beers are so good people do it anyway...or at least hit the pubs in Waterbury and get everything on tap.
They offer shuttles and make events of it and stuff. Would be cool to see CT do something similar. Especially if people are already coming from all over to do VT what's a 2 hour or so drive down to Hartford (then a 35 minute drive to Willimantic because you wouldn't do this without tasting Willibrew) to see a few more?

Reaction Score
I've been a proponent of the field downtown since I heard the news. Hopefully there will be more announcements to come. It's too bad Dave and Busters is building in Manchester, thatwould be a great addition right next to the ballpark.
Agreed. A Dave & Busters would have been over nice addition to the proposed stadium. That and Hookers would give people of all ages to spend all day downtown on a nice Saturday or Sunday. A Buffalo Wild wings would have been cool too.

Reaction Score
Agreed. A Dave & Busters would have been over nice addition to the proposed stadium. That and Hookers would give people of all ages to spend all day downtown on a nice Saturday or Sunday. A Buffalo Wild wings would have been cool too.

I'd prefer a Sliders over a Buffalo Wild Wings. But that's just me.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Curt is a family friend and has done an amazing job with Hooker Brewing. I have no doubts that this will be a huge hit.

Btw, twice a month on Fridays they have an open house at their current location that lets you see the setup and of course, samples. Lots of samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom