OT: Goodluck Okonoboh Transferring | The Boneyard

OT: Goodluck Okonoboh Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Now I'm gonna put a tenner on him landing at Providence or South Florida.

Reaction Score
i would take him in a heartbeat. we also would need him bad

H

huskymagic

Definetely not. With Mamadou and Juwan Durham coming along with Enoch and Facey there is no need for him. We don't want to become Transfer U. You don't win championships that way.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
He's a poor man's Amida in every way - his block % is lower, his rebound percentage is worse (!!!), he has worse footwork defending the post, he doesn't understand the function of the rim runner in a spread offense, and he shoots 35% from the line. Okonoboh wouldn't get off the bench for us this season.

Now, he is a springier, more natural athlete, so there's some upside. But by the time he's eligible for his new school it'll be 2017, and I'd much rather keep developing Enoch, hope Durham recovers, and aim for a huge recruiting get like Zach Brown.

Okonoboh needs to go to a school that has no choice but to let him play through his rawness. That's not us.

Reaction Score
@Matrim55 good stuff i haven't paid attention to him since he was in school up in here in new england . I know he is a great athlete, didn't know he was poor at important aspects of playing center in college.

Reaction Score
think we have a lot of talent to work with right now, adding another big man in the mix is just going to take away from guys that we can develop. I really like what Facey brings, and Enosch has the body to be great. This team has the pieces, its just a matter of getting experience. Despite these two loses, i really see this team having high potential.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
@Matrim55 good stuff i haven't paid attention to him since he was in school up in here in new england . I know he is a great athlete, didn't know he was poor at important aspects of playing center in college.
I think if he'd gone to a coach who can actually teach, he could've been pretty decent.

But it says something that 1) he picked Dave Rice as the guy he wanted to play for, 2) he didn't improve any part of his game over the summer, and 3) he bugged out as soon as possible once it became clear he'd have to fight for minutes.

Those three things combined make me skeptical about his prospects of a successful college career.

Reaction Score
Would be a great fit at URI. Sure hope he considers it. His size and athleticism would be dominant in the A-10, seems to be a decent place for another New England kid who didn't fit in at a previous program in Kuran Iverson

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Definetely not. With Mamadou and Juwan Durham coming along with Enoch and Facey there is no need for him. We don't want to become Transfer U. You don't win championships that way.

Well, I guess we aren't winning anything with Rodney. On to next year!

Kromah didn't work out either.

Reaction Score
What have you seen from him that possibly makes you say this?
I saw him play aau and he is a better ATH than facey or brimah ... But I may be wrong ( as far as his ability to play center in d1) since I haven't watched since he was in hs... maybe you would have known this if you saw the posts before yours

Reaction Score
I saw him play aau and he is a better ATH than facey or brimah ... But I may be wrong ( as far as his ability to play center in d1) since I haven't watched since he was in hs... maybe you would have known this if you saw the posts before yours
I saw him play against Indiana earlier this week, which seems more relevant than 2+ years ago, and nothing he did screamed "we need him bad." Besides, doesn't he have Oriakhi blood in him?

Reaction Score
What school is he transferring from?
Sure hope he goes to uri.
Not providence, i hate those b_$tards!

Reaction Score

Agreed. With a future front court of Diarra, Durham, Enoch, and hopefully Zach Brown, we're all set.

Reaction Score
Agreed. With a future front court of Diarra, Durham, Enoch, and hopefully Zach Brown, we're all set.
Our future front court also includes -- Brimah. There was a lot of giddy talk in pre-season about him getting lured early to the NBA, but given his play thus far this season, I don't see it.

Reaction Score
Our future front court also includes -- Brimah. There was a lot of giddy talk in pre-season about him getting lured early to the NBA, but given his play thus far this season, I don't see it.

As of now it wouldn't be in his best interest to leave until he graduates. Agree

Reaction Score
I feel for these kids that think Vegas is the spot for whatever strange reason and then realize Rice is the worst coach for any major Divy 1 school.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He's been awful, but he also plays for a recruiter rather than a true coach. He needs to go somewhere with a coach who has proven he can develop big men. I don't think we're in a position to take on someone like him, but I wouldn't say there's no hope for Goodluck.

Reaction Score

He is more of a 5. We definitely could use him. He rebounds and plays def. Who knows when Durham will be healthy.

Reaction Score

Lasan Kromah begs to differ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69