OT: golf...U.S. Women's Open...link to scoreboard | The Boneyard

OT: golf...U.S. Women's Open...link to scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://www.usga.org/championships/2015/u-s--women-s-open/scoring.html

Lancaster CC in Pa. Say...Ice...might you go? If you do, be sure to pass on your wisdom
on the happenings.

It is on FoxSports1 and Fox Sports. I thought they did a dreadful job on the men's Open.
I hope the USGA has an opt-out clause after this year to go to one of the more traditional channels.
Winners that would provide the most sizzle to the game? IMO...Lydia Ko....Wiesy...Lexi Thompson.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
It is on FoxSports1 and Fox Sports. I thought they did a dreadful job on the men's Open.

If asked I would have likely said "poor" vs "dreadful" but I'm pretty much with you on the quality of the coverage. I'm hoping for improvement this week but I'm also fearful that they had their canned ideas/themes already scripted for the Women's open weeks ago.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Fox has to improve a lot to do a decent job on golf. Between the odd layout at Chambers Bay and the odd coverage, it didn't really feel like the U.S. Open.

I like the sound of the women's venue. I recall my uncle talking highly about the course 50 years ago, and the aerial photographs are great. William Flynn also designed The Country Club, Cherry Hills, and Shinnecock, as well as assisting on Merion.

lancaster_cc1.jpg

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Spent the day at Lancaster yesterday. Very pretty course, with a tremendous amount of slope, uphill shots, and strategically-placed bunkers. Good crowds, very gracious volunteers - saw Annika, which means, I can now die happy. The club and the community have done a great job hosting the Open.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Spent the day at Lancaster yesterday. Very pretty course, with a tremendous amount of slope, uphill shots, and strategically-placed bunkers. Good crowds, very gracious volunteers - saw Annika, which means, I can now die happy. The club and the community have done a great job hosting the Open.
Sounds awesome! Annika is a favorite of mine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom