OT: George Springer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: George Springer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Astros should only draft players from Connecticut. Worked out well with Jeff Bagwell too.

Red Sox traded him to the Astro's………turned out to be a beauty for Larry Andersen…….but eventually Jeff and Ken Caminitti together made Bags career better than most thought it might be!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Red Sox traded him to the Astro's………turned out to be a beauty for Larry Andersen…….but eventually Jeff and Ken Caminitti together made Bags career better than most thought it might be!

Worst Sox trade ever. Worse even than Selling Babe Ruth, because at least they got money for that one.

Bags deal is probably one of the biggest steals in MLB history.

Reaction Score
And somehow has 6 errors as a RF in 35 games

5 in his first 14

You obviously overlooked the fact that he's always been a CF and is still adjusting to RF. Maybe if you took your white hood off you would be able to see better.

Reaction Score
Astros also drafted Jay Perez from Seymour high school in the second round straight out of high school. He never made it, I remember playing against him in the summer, kid used to hit bombs.

Reaction Score
Another one tonight. 7 HRs in last 7 games.

The last rookie to have 7 HRs in 7 games was Rudy York in 1937.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Springy is tearing it up right now!!! Miguel Cabrera was my first pick, Springer my last... who has more HRs right now?? Georgie boy

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
He just had a nice segment on Sportscenter. UConn was not mentioned but still good to see.

Reaction Score
No one cares about college baseball, so no one ever talks about where baseball players played in college.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
No one cares about college baseball, so no one ever talks about where baseball players played in college.

Disagree somewhat. I watch ALOT of baseball and I've heard a million times over the years that Mike Mussina was from Stanford, Buster Posey from FSU, Ryan Braun from Miami, Todd Helton from Tennessee (thanks to football), Clemens from Texas, etc. Granted, not everyone watches as much baseball as I do and I do agree that college baseball isn't followed as fervently as football or basketball. But there are players in MLB that their colleges are mentioned fairly regularly. Not sure why though. Might have to do with the MLB amateur draft pool consisting of high school, international, 2 year college and 4 year college amateurs...not solely college kids like the NFL draft and the majority of the NBA draft. But now that the MLB has figured out that drafts do create ratings amongst the hardcore fans, I think where a drafted player came from will be talked about a bit more.

Reaction Score
On Sports Center late night version last night, the announcer very clearly stated that Springer went to UCONN. They did a very nice little blurb on Springer. The fact that GS went to UCONN has been mentioned on SC many times. We are getting a lot of pub out of this and very visible to hs recruits who see that you can become a star player out of the UCONN system.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Thats a Pulitzer contender!

Reaction Score
He had two spectacular catches last night. The first one would have been the COTD if not for the second one......which also turned a double play...... in the 8th inning...... of a 1-run game.

Reaction Score
He might have the top play on SportsCenter tonight with this face plant into the wall for a catch, depending on what else happens out there (I know the World Cup game won't have one). He just added a two-run homer as well (his 19th). He's been struggling a bit lately (a couple of golden sombreros) but still doing enough with his defense and power that I can't imagine he'll lose his spot in the lineup.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v34444341/?partnerId=as_mlb_20140710_27573016

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He might have the top play on SportsCenter tonight with this face plant into the wall for a catch, depending on what else happens out there (I know the World Cup game won't have one). He just added a two-run homer as well (his 19th). He's been struggling a bit lately (a couple of golden sombreros) but still doing enough with his defense and power that I can't imagine he'll lose his spot in the lineup.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v34444341/?partnerId=as_mlb_20140710_27573016

yeah, that was pretty freaking incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom