OT: General knowledge test #468A | The Boneyard

OT: General knowledge test #468A

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Please do not reprint questions nor research them.

1.. T. C. (?) Airlines

2..What was the Symphonium?

3..What is Ashley Madison and what's its problem?

4..The Prez who establishes the Veterans Administration?

5..According to the "governor", what is Mr. Holland's Opus?

6..Title common to Nirvana and Evanescence?

7..Connect: Dayton, Scopes Monkey.

8..Katherine Lee Bates is inspired by Pike's Peak to do what?

9..The Chicago Biographical Theater "hosts" an assassination. Say what?

10..In 1985 Commodore International unveils its _____ 1050 Personal Computer.

11..In 1984 she resigns as Ms. America. And why?

12..In 1914 ______ refuses an ultimatum from Austria-Hungary.

13.."So many things I would have done, but clouds got in my way." And composer?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
3. Ashley Madison is an adult "hook-up/adultery" site that has been hacked. The hackers are threatening to release the 37 million account names. Oddly, one of the cities most nervous about this is Ottawa, Canada.
11. Vanessa Williams, after nude photos were leaked.
12. Serbia, I believe.
13. Both Sides Now, most famously sung by Judy Collins. Don't know the composer - sounds like something Marshall McCluen would write.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1. Trans Continental
3. Their problem is they got hacked and were threatened by the hackers with releasing information on their clients. Other than that I see no problem with Ashley Madison. ;)
8. Didn't she write American the Beautiful?

Reaction Score
e.
13. Both Sides Now, most famously sung by Judy Collins. Don't know the composer - sounds like something Marshall McCluen would write.

Joni Mitchell I believe

Reaction Score
5. The students that he taught through the years.

Last edited:

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
7. The Scopes Monkey trial took place in Dayton, Tennessee.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
3. it's a website basically for people who want to cheat on their spouses or significant others
4. Hoibert Hoover
7. Clarence Darrow defended a teacher named Scopes who was teaching evolution in the Tennessee schools. The enlightened folk in Dayton TN objected and took him to trial
9. John Dillinger was killed by FBI agents after seeing a movie at the Biograph
13. Both Sides Now - by Joni Mitchell

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
9 - As Geordi says, John Dillinger was killed outside of it. The movie theatre chain I worked for owned a theatre that was either on the site or next door or something - whatever it was, we sold the theatre quickly so I never was there.
13 - I would say Joni Mitchell as well, although, Judy Collins did sing it. In fact it is on the Judy Collins album I have (bought after seeing her in person last year), but I actually remember it from a Joni Mitchell album "back in the day".

Reaction Score
3. It is a cheating spouse website that was recently hacked.
4. Coolidge(after McArthur rode roughshod over a number of protesting veterans in the nation's capital)
9. It is outside this theater where Melvin Purvis shot fugitive gangster John Dillinger. Dillinger was set up by a friend of Dillinger's girlfriend.
11. Vanessa Williams over some leaked nude photos(such a thing almost had to be expected).
12. Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
1..Meyers, always a tad flighty, thinks Trans Con still operates, but it' been defunct since '99.
Still, I didn't specify that it must still exist. For one that still exists, go fly Thomas Cook.

2..The earliest juke box.

3..Pinot is most complete, but is really nervous about the letter that Mrs. Pinot is about to get.

4..Geordi's got Hoibert.

5..JC remembers that the Gov pronounced, "We are your Opus, Mr. Holland". I still feel my chest fill up, when I recall that.

6..Different songs, but both called LITHIUM.

7..Rbny & geordi fill us in on the trial that temporarily defeats the teaching of evolution.

8..Meyers, you are not supposed to ask me questions. As cops say, "I'm asking the questions here". But Meyers is right.

9..Geordi, Knight & VAUC give us good detail.

10..Rocket doesn't say much, but when he writes, he's correct.

11..Actually, they were more than nudes. Penthouse Mag. reveals a 2nd set of lesbian activity, after which Vanessa believed that America would not forgive a 2nd transgression. Luckily for her she could also sing and sell records.

12..Pinot believes it is Serbia. Boy, he better be right, otherwise we'd have to fight WWI all over again.

13..Dish, geordi & Knight rightly select Joni, though Judy's version is more well known, kind of a signature song for her.

Will I be back for part B? You seriously doubt that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom