OT - FWIW on Kentucky Job | The Boneyard

OT - FWIW on Kentucky Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ)
11/26/12, 8:07 PM
Per a source inside UK athletics, Butch Jones, Sonny Dykes and Mark Stoops have all said "no thanks" to Kentucky.

Damn... Was hoping Jones bailed before Saturday!

“@KyleTucker_CJ: Mike MacIntyre and one other unnamed coach still on UK's radar, per source.”

“@KyleTucker_CJ: Source on UK football search: "All the agents are telling their coaches it's a dead-end job and if they're an up-and-comer, don't touch it."”

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If Kentucky is being called a dead end job and they play in the SEC....what would be said about UConn if PP is fired?

Reaction Score
If Kentucky is being called a dead end job and they play in the SEC....what would be said about UConn if PP is fired?

That's why until we know the future - we stand pat.

Reaction Score

You don't leave Cincy or even a UConn for Kentucky. The only thing Kentucky can offer is maybe more money and a chance to be part of the SEC coaching fraternity.

Reaction Score
That's why until we know the future - we stand pat.

No. I do not agree.

We might know the future today or this week. If it looks good and we're getting that nice new home in a better neighborhood, then we might as well buy new furniture too.

We should keep Don Brown though. The new coach would be smart enough to want that.

UConn is not a dead ender. Was it a dead end for Edsall, if actually had accomplished more, he would have ended up someplace better than MD.

We should be trying to not become a Kentucky.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You don't leave Cincy or even a UConn for Kentucky. The only thing Kentucky can offer is maybe more money and a chance to be part of the SEC coaching fraternity.

for a few years until the coach is fired. Kentucky is a terrible job.

Reaction Score
Edsall would be in Happy Valley his real dream job if he had waited one more year.:)

Reaction Score
Per a source inside UK athletics, Butch Jones, Sonny Dykes and Mark Stoops have all said "no thanks" to Kentucky.

“@KyleTucker_CJ: Mike MacIntyre and one other unnamed coach still on UK's radar, per source.”

“@KyleTucker_CJ: Source on UK football search: "All the agents are telling their coaches it's a dead-end job and if they're an up-and-comer, don't touch it."”

So much for this ^^^ guys sources - LMAO!

KySportsRadio 1:34pm via web
OFFICIAL: KSR can confirm Mark Stoops will be named Kentucky football coach this afternoon

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
So much for this ^^^ guys sources - LMAO!

KySportsRadio 1:34pm via web
OFFICIAL: KSR can confirm Mark Stoops will be named Kentucky football coach this afternoon

A post on the boneyard with a false report?

Huh. I guess I can't believe everything I read on here.

Reaction Score

Can we please stop using twitter as a source for valid information? Mark Stoops is their new coach.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

The right coach can win there. If Vanderbilt can go 8-4, certainly Kentucky could. Will they ever compete with the top of the conference? No, but they can be in the 5-7 range instead of the 12-14 range. It is an uphill battle though, and once a coach fails, he has sullied his name (see Rich Rod).

ETA: I see that they hired Stoops. Hardly see how that is an upgrade over Joker. Seriously. Stoops couldn't do squat at Arizona, and they are traditionally a decent football school.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Edsall would be in Happy Valley his real dream job if he had waited one more year.:)
Again like Dracula he's back from the dead,life is full of would of,could of,should of at some point RE needs to be apart of the past.

Reaction Score
Point remains. You guys have turned into a bunch of lunatics chasing down every.

Okay so BY posts are gospel and Twitter is void of valid info and sources?

I didn't put any weight on the tweets - just shared what was being tossed out by the UK team beat writer/ local media in a OT thread on a college football board. My bad ;)

I'll go read the Conference Realignment Board for some more factual based discussions.

Oh - nice to see that other team's beat writers get things wrong too.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Per a source inside UK athletics, Butch Jones, Sonny Dykes and Mark Stoops have all said "no thanks" to Kentucky.”

Stoops sure has an odd way of saying no.................by accepting the job.

Reaction Score
So much for all this twitter crap. A bunch of people seeking attention. Reminds me of facebook.

Reaction Score
That guy was a KY beat writer? Gives me flashbacks to the Whipple era.

Yup... It wasn't like I was quoting HFD (only kidding Dan). His Bio - The Courier-Journal's beat writer covering University of Kentucky athletics after almost eight years covering Virginia Tech for The Virginian-Pilot.

Here is his apology/explanation:

11/27/12, 10:31 AM
I certainly wouldn't knowingly put out something wrong. When someone connected directly to the program talks, I listen.

This stuff is like the networks trying to call a political race. This social media crap is killing journalism/real reporting.

Reaction Score
Stoops couldn't do squat at Arizona, and they are traditionally a decent football school.

You've got the wrong Stoops. It wasn't Mark Stoops at Arizona, it was Mike Stoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom