OT - Finances Magazines | The Boneyard

OT - Finances Magazines

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
which is a better subscription for young adults "Money" or "Kiplinger"? Do do you know of any others

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.discountmags.com%2Fshopimages%2Fproducts%2Fnormal%2Fextra%2Fi%2F5980-kiplingers-personal-finance-2015-May.jpg
http%3A%2F%2Fwww.discountmags.com%2Fshopimages%2Fproducts%2Fnormal%2Fextra%2Fmoney-09-08-14-2.jpg

Reaction Score
Both are good. I read both.

They are not expensive so get both.

Most importantly, save and invest early. If you dont know much, buy S&P 500 index fund.

Also max out your 401K.

Starting early is key and will help to make you rich by the time you reach full retirement age.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Both are good. I read both.

They are not expensive so get both.

Most importantly, save and invest early. If you dont know much, buy S&P 500 index fund.

Also max out your 401K.

Starting early is key and will help to make you rich by the time you reach full retirement age.
wow... well said, everything a 20something (not me) needs to hear

Reaction Score
Subscribe to the Wall Street Journal. It's not only on top of business news, it's a great newspaper. Always great features.

BTW: There are always -delivery to your door - "special deals" available.

Reaction Score
wow... well said, everything a 20something (not me) needs to hear

Sorry, I don;t know many of the posters on this board (their backgrounds or ages) , I just wrongfully assumed that you were some young 20 year old getting started with investing.

I concur that Smart Money is very good as well as WSJ.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sorry, I don;t know many of the posters on this board (their backgrounds or ages) , I just wrongfully assumed that you were some young 20 year old getting started with investing.

I concur that Smart Money is very good as well as WSJ.
I ordered both... for a year, $15.00 total

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Business Week or the Financial Times - but make sure they know that most of the business columnists are in bed with businesses or their editors are!!!
The advice about specific stocks and bonds, and to some degree about the mutual founds is pretty suspect - more important is general financial advice provided, and training the mind to think about economic forces and how small things like individual stocks fit into the larger picture of economic patterns.

Reaction Score
which is a better subscription for young adults "Money" or "Kiplinger"? Do do you know of any others

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.discountmags.com%2Fshopimages%2Fproducts%2Fnormal%2Fextra%2Fi%2F5980-kiplingers-personal-finance-2015-May.jpg
http%3A%2F%2Fwww.discountmags.com%2Fshopimages%2Fproducts%2Fnormal%2Fextra%2Fmoney-09-08-14-2.jpg
Find a broker and get them a nice summer job ==shadowing good brokers. I used both some good stuff, don't think I got any where financially because of them. I turn all my finances over to my wife and she uses the dart method. Coming up on the number 3 with 6 digits behind. Kidding about the wife and darts--it's really a monkey. Ok still kidding. But the ins and outs
Business Week or the Financial Times - but make sure they know that most of the business columnists are in bed with businesses or their editors are!!!

The advice about specific stocks and bonds, and to some degree about the mutual founds is pretty suspect - more important is general financial advice provided, and training the mind to think about economic forces and how small things like individual stocks fit into the larger picture of economic patterns.

I always listen to my brokers, but not buy---mutual funds I try to avoid (not always) ---I always ask about magazines and brokers what's in it for them? Research a bit the summer job at a brokerage is a good learning tool---
Are they "churning"? I look at' whats in good mutual funds , follow them and buy the money makers. Penny stocks never worked for
me. When all the advise you get on this Boneyard about financial aspects---then try the monkey and dart--FACTUALLY, it has worked as well as most advisors. That's a proven fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom