OT: Favorite Podcasts? | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Podcasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With my work I have a lot of time to listen to my ipod. Curious as to what other people's favorite podcasts are.

Some of mine...

Bill Burr's "Monday Morning Podcast"

Opie and Jim

Love and Radio - just discovered this one. Fascinating podcast of people telling really interesting stories about themselves, life situations, etc. Very entertaining.

Risk - similar to Love and Radio but generally much more sexually themed.

The Biggist Problem In The Universe - podcast by internet writer/blogger "Maddox." Comedy podcast by a total wise ass, fishy-esque.

Radiolab

Joe Rogan (once in a while depending on the guest)

Jim Florentine's "Comedy Metal Midgets" - Florentine takes some getting used to. Every week he picks a topic and just rants on it for an hour. He does topics like "awful facebook posts," and "terrible personalized license plates," where his listeners send him examples and he just rants on them.

Startalk radio with Neil DeGrasse Tyson

skeptics guide to the universe

WTF with Marc Maron

Ari Shaffir's skeptic tank

Reaction Score
Nice list. Some to add:

The Flophouse- My personal favorite. A bad movie podcast with three writers from The Daily Show.

The Gist/Hang Up and Listen with Mike Pesca- Both are casts from Slate.com. I really like Pesca. The latter is a weekly sports themed podcast.

Comedy Bang Bang- Successful enough for a spinoff TV show on IFC. An odd improvisational comedy podcast with some of the biggest names in comedy.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
'You Made It Weird' by Pete Holmes is one of the funniest podcasts out there.

Reaction Score
For sports, I regularly listen to the Lowe Post and the Russillo Show (formerly SVP and Russillo). I listen to TAL and Radiolab weekly and occasionally listen to the Tim Ferriss Show, depending I the guest. Hardcore History is good as well, but it's more like an audiobook and is released every few months.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Joe Rogan Podcast, Duncan Trussel Family Hour, The Infinite Monkey Cage, to name a few

Reaction Score
I like This American life and Colin McEnroe. Plus a handful of other NPR stuffs.

Nerdest too sometimes.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I like the Adam Corrola show. Has a lot of pretty good guests and is generally entertaining.

I think bill burr is pretty funny, but not a fan of the podcast. Seems extremely unplanned as if he doesn't want to be doing it and it ends up going down the same road every show.

Reaction Score
Marc Maron's WTF is great, his IFC show is even better

Reaction Score
I'm partial to Nobody Likes Onions (2007 American Comedy Award winner). I might be a guest on it this week if Patrick is in the city...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've been meaning to start this topic looking for some sport podcast recommendations.

Solid Verbal is a good CFB podcast.
Shutdown Fullcast is the best CFB podcast but they have been killing UConn all summer.

If you've grown up listening to WFAN - Al's Boring Podcast is great.

Men in Blazers is tremendous if you like soccer.

Is there a CBB podcast worth listening to? I haven't found one yet.

Reaction Score
Not a podcast, but I've been listening to the Elvis Duran and the Morning Show for the last four years.

Reaction Score
The Dave Dameshek Football Podcast. He used to be a writer writer for The Man Show. Loves football, food and pop culture stuff. Pretty funny and he is about same age as me so lots of familiar references.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom