OT: ESPN Magazine $9/2 years (plus Insider) | The Boneyard

OT: ESPN Magazine $9/2 years (plus Insider)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Thank you - What BU Husky said - Insider access isn't worth $52, but $9? That was the cost of lunch today.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I opened this up wondering if it was a report that KO was being offered or Insider thought he deserved $9 mil for the next 2 years, so it seemed like a lot.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Assuming the mag lasts for two years. That has to be running at a loss.

Maybe they just treat is as a marketing expense and write it off.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My brother still gets it and he stopped paying 3 years ago.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I signed up on this deal 10 weeks ago. No access to Insider and no mag yet.

I actually pinged them a couple of days ago. Their response...

According to our records, your first issue is estimated to deliver between 06/09/2014 and 07/07/2014. Please note that since magazine labels are printed months in advanced, the standard delivery time will be between 8-12 weeks from your order date. If you have not received your first issue yet and it has passed July 15th please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to look into your order further.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions.

May you have a wonderful day!​

Reaction Score
I actually pinged them a couple of days ago. Their response...

According to our records, your first issue is estimated to deliver between 06/09/2014 and 07/07/2014. Please note that since magazine labels are printed months in advanced, the standard delivery time will be between 8-12 weeks from your order date. If you have not received your first issue yet and it has passed July 15th please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to look into your order further.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions.

May you have a wonderful day!​

There is a great deal of difficulty in printing out magazine labels for new customers. First, for every ten new customers, you have to kill at least 72 squid to extract their ink. After that, you send the ink to China so that it can be emulsified and returned to you in printing condition. When you get it back, you have to find a person to set the printing blocks up, and that takes time. Each letter requires a different block. If you're lucky, it could take half a year for them to print 12 labels for you to cover your subscription for a year. And forget about it if you decide to renew after a year. The whole process starts over again.

Reaction Score
Yeah I was wondering what was going on with that... glad to hear they haven't totally forgotten, hah.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I rarely read the Magazine, but it's worth it for the Insider access. Half of the articles on ESPN are Insider.

Reaction Score
when ESPN pays me $9 to take their godawful magazine, then it's a good deal.

This. ESPN the magazine is the most worthless piece of I get. I am so mad that I forgot to cancel and am stuck with another year of it. The Insider isn't much better.

Reaction Score
This. ESPN the magazine is the most worthless piece of I get. I am so mad that I forgot to cancel and am stuck with another year of it. The Insider isn't much better.

my son's physical therapy office has it (among other awful magazines, truly a wasteland of a waiting room) and I often read Entertainment Weekly rather than waste my time with ESPN.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
My brother still gets it and he stopped paying 3 years ago.

This goes more to my point that the Mag is simply an expensive brand awareness / advertising tool. It can't possibly ever be in the black.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Insider is completely foolish for the average person. You are telling me, between all the networks and league sites and 50 million blogs, you can't find the same coverage/content?

Reaction Score
Insider is completely foolish for the average person. You are telling me, between all the networks and league sites and 50 million blogs, you can't find the same coverage/content?

The evaluations they do on the high school football recruits is pretty good stuff. I like insider overall and the content and replays on ESPN3 is a lifesaver if you want to watch UConn basketball preseason games.

Reaction Score
For the record, I started getting this about a week and a half ago and it did activate my Insider membership. So if you ordered it... it does eventually come. Eventually.

Reaction Score
You guys know most of these "special deal" companies sell your demographic profile to make up the difference on the sales price right? My firepit is already plenty well stocked with junk mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom