OT: End of Edsel at Maryland? | The Boneyard

OT: End of Edsel at Maryland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Michigan turned the ball over three times, and the Terps netted a grand total of minus-1 yard on the three ensuing possessions.

Eventually, the three-and-outs began to wear on Maryland's defense, and the Wolverines needed just a couple of long plays to put the game out of reach midway through the third quarter.

Ouch!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Edsall either couldn't stand another minute of Hathaway, or he is an .
But between the fashion in which he left, and the apparent karma that is his failure at Maryland, I tend to think the latter.
Should have never been at MD in the first place. Neither should Diamond Stone.

Reaction Score
Edsallol keeping that schadenfreude train running clean and smooth

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
they just gave him an extension, I suppose he'll get at least one more year

if they keep getting blown out, if they can't compete in a game, I guess anything is possible

Reaction Score
from 6/30/15 article:

In a deal the university announced on Tuesday that took months to finalize, the fifth-year coach received a $71,000 annual raise on the final two years of his original six-year contract, now worth $2.1 million a year. Edsall will make $2.5 million a year beginning in 2017.

More significantly, the 56-year-old coach signed off on receiving just $500,000 of a potential $7.5 million contract if he gets fired after the 2016 season.

If the university decides between Jan. 16, 2017 and Jan. 15, 2018 that it’s in its “best interest” to make a coaching change, it would owe Edsall just $500,000. In the past, Edsall would have been paid in full had he been fired before the end of his contract. If Edsall is fired between Jan. 16, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2019, the university would not owe him any money.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
from 6/30/15 article:

In a deal the university announced on Tuesday that took months to finalize, the fifth-year coach received a $71,000 annual raise on the final two years of his original six-year contract, now worth $2.1 million a year. Edsall will make $2.5 million a year beginning in 2017.

More significantly, the 56-year-old coach signed off on receiving just $500,000 of a potential $7.5 million contract if he gets fired after the 2016 season.

If the university decides between Jan. 16, 2017 and Jan. 15, 2018 that it’s in its “best interest” to make a coaching change, it would owe Edsall just $500,000. In the past, Edsall would have been paid in full had he been fired before the end of his contract. If Edsall is fired between Jan. 16, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2019, the university would not owe him any money.

That sounds incredibly stupid of him.

Reaction Score
Edsall either couldn't stand another minute of Hathaway, or he is an .
Which factors support the 2 possible scenarios were mutually exclusive? Throw in the Hathaway's failure to support paying assistants competitive compensation, and then you're on to the combined reasons for Edsel's <sic> abrupt departure.

Reaction Score
Which factors support the 2 possible scenarios were mutually exclusive? Throw in the Hathaway's failure to support paying assistants competitive compensation, and then you're on to the combined reasons for Edsel's <sic> abrupt departure.

No doubt Hathaway didn't help but in the long run Edsall was at his ceiling as a coach, did a nice enough job and left abruptly (like an Ah*le). Then hiring PP was the move that hurt the program for not only his stay but for 2-3 years more at least.

C

Chief00

Quick frankly, I always thought Edsall had a ceiling due to his inability to coach up the offense. I think at UConn he defeated just one top 20 team - South Florida. While we would be happy to go back to those days MD in the Big Ten has higher expectations.

Reaction Score
Edsall did more for UConn FB than P and GL combined. Diaco talks well but he is losing coach so far!!! I am not an Edsall fan just looking at the facts!!!

Reaction Score
Edsall did more for UConn FB than P and GL combined. Diaco talks well but he is losing coach so far!!! I am not an Edsall fan just looking at the facts!!!

To compare Edsall and Diaco is beyond ridiculous. Randy was here how long? And Edsall was left with who's BS to put back in order and 1 year and 5 games later the best you can say is "he is a losing coach"? That's fair no doubt :rolleyes:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
To compare Edsall and Diaco is beyond ridiculous. Randy was here how long? And Edsall was left with who's BS to put back in order and 1 year and 5 games later the best you can say is "he is a losing coach"? That's fair no doubt :rolleyes:

You mean Diaco, not Edsall? To say the cupboard was left bare for BD is an understatement.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

yelling_what_are_we_yelling_about.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99