OT - Emmanuel Mudiay Under Armour | The Boneyard

OT - Emmanuel Mudiay Under Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The kid is going to be a stud anywhere he goes but I don't see this working out for most high schoolers just BC first you have to have the elite talent and the desire to go do it. Mudiay would have went to SMU if had the choice.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If you can stand to take a year out of the us, there's no reason not to. If I'm a top ten player who will be offered sponsorships and a salary, I take it

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Financially, it's probably the right call but I'm not sure if it is the best life decision for most 18 year olds.

Reaction Score
If your from the inner city it might be a little bit hard to make the adjustment in Turkey/Spain/Israel . I believe in the long run also you lose money bc you don't have have that identity/following of a school or the free marketing. Who really follows Brandon Jennings or Jeremy Tyler?

Reaction Score
If your from the inner city it might be a little bit hard to make the adjustment in Turkey/Spain/Israel . I believe in the long run also you lose money bc you don't have have that identity/following of a school or the free marketing. Who really follows Brandon Jennings or Jeremy Tyler?

That's because Jeremy Tyler is a bum and Brandon Jennings is a mediocre player. Does anyone give a ____ that Kevin Durant spent a year at Texas? Would he have less $$ today if he played for Real Madrid for a year?

Reaction Score
That's because Jeremy Tyler is a bum and Brandon Jennings is a mediocre player. Does anyone give a ____ that Kevin Durant spent a year at Texas? Would he have less today if he played for Real Madrid for a year?
The Durants comes along every 10 yrs,he is an exception. But I follow all our Uconn players bc they were part of something. If it was so great atleast SOME of the players would do it. Mudiay did it bc he couldn't qualify for school. Proof is in the pudding.

Reaction Score
That's because Jeremy Tyler is a bum and Brandon Jennings is a mediocre player. Does anyone give a ____ that Kevin Durant spent a year at Texas? Would he have less today if he played for Real Madrid for a year?

I agree with what you're saying but I don't really agree with your example. Durant was the most accomplished one and done of all time. Durant won the Rupp Trophy, Naismith Trophy and the Wooden Award.. being the first freshman to ever do that. (No freshman had ever won ANY of those trophies and he won all three in one year). If he had gone to Europe he would have dominated and probably been a lottery pick but not #2. Yi Jianlian averaged Durants exact numbers (25 pts, 11 rebs) but in the Chinese league and he went after Durant, Jeff Green and Al Horford, among others. Had Durant gone to Europe he wouldnt have been #2, wouldn't have been paired with a Sam Presti team and would've been in a worse position to make money thereafter.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Financially, it's probably the right call but I'm not sure if it is the best life decision for most 18 year olds.
If the kid is going to stay at college for 1 year, most likely not go to class or learn anything influential, get drunk all the time, and essentially waste university scholarship money, then I think this is a better decision - it forces him to mature a little. There's no maturation in your first few years of college, even for non-athletes.

And I too think Malik Newman is following in his footsteps.

Reaction Score
I agree with what you're saying but I don't really agree with your example. Durant was the most accomplished one and done of all time. Durant won the Rupp Trophy, Naismith Trophy and the Wooden Award.. being the first freshman to ever do that. (No freshman had ever won ANY of those trophies and he won all three in one year). If he had gone to Europe he would have dominated and probably been a lottery pick but not #2. Yi Jianlian averaged Durants exact numbers (25 pts, 11 rebs) but in the Chinese league and he went after Durant, Jeff Green and Al Horford, among others. Had Durant gone to Europe he wouldnt have been #2, wouldn't have been paired with a Sam Presti team and would've been in a worse position to make money thereafter.

Durant over 'Melo? Awards aside, Carmelo was the best player in college basketball that year, AND he was the unquestioned star on a team that brought a national championship to a school that seems literally incapable of doing so otherwise.

Reaction Score
Durant over 'Melo? Awards aside, Carmelo was the best player in college basketball that year, AND he was the unquestioned star on a team that brought a national championship to a school that seems literally incapable of doing so otherwise.

Awards aside? So you're saying he was the best player except in the eyes of the people that do the voting?

Championship aside, Durant had better numbers and didn't fall behind Darko in the draft..

Reaction Score
The Durants comes along every 10 yrs,he is an exception. But I follow all our Uconn players bc they were part of something. If it was so great atleast SOME of the players would do it. Mudiay did it bc he couldn't qualify for school. Proof is in the pudding.

Won't the "proof be in the pudding" if being in Europe for a year hurts him financially, which was your point to begin with?

I mean, take issue with Durant if you want, but Mudiay is closer to him than he is to Jeremy Tyler who, as of last week, was unemployed. The point is that Mudiay is by all accounts projected to be one of the top 3 picks in next years draft. So saying that he's hurting himself in the long run by going to China next year isn't really based on anything.

Just like the other poster's contention that Durant - already one of the most gifted scorers the league has ever seen - wouldn't have been the #2 pick if he went to China because . . . . Yi Jianlian had similar stats?

shaq-cmon-son.jpg

Reaction Score
Won't the "proof be in the pudding" if being in Europe for a year hurts him financially, which was your point to begin with?

I mean, take issue with Durant if you want, but Mudiay is closer to him than he is to Jeremy Tyler who, as of last week, was unemployed. The point is that Mudiay is by all accounts projected to be one of the top 3 picks in next years draft. So saying that he's hurting himself in the long run by going to China next year isn't really based on anything.

Just like the other poster's contention that Durant - already one of the most gifted scorers the league has ever seen - wouldn't have been the #2 pick if he went to China because . . . . Yi Jianlian had similar stats?

shaq-cmon-son.jpg
I guess u like to argue just to argue. Mudiay's back up plan was overseas if not he would be playing at SMU. High schoolers are looking to stay home in the USA,that's my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom