OT:Drunk kid wants his Mac and cheese at the Union | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT:Drunk kid wants his Mac and cheese at the Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where was that? Has nothing to do with the younger generation and I haven't seen any comments suggesting that it does.

It has to do with being an arrogant, disrespectful, spoiled jerk, which is a pretty timeless problem that is not unique to any generation. Presumably, the kid learned this behavior from an adult.

I guess I just assumed it might go in that direction (didn't read much of the thread). Don't disagree with anything you say.

Reaction Score
Towney,

As a graduate of Springfield College, I'm really shocked at the problems you had as RA. Don't remember things being anyone near that violent during my years (pre John Cena).

It's a different generation of kids and so sad that it has taken such a downward turn for the worse.

BTW, I work at a small college and interact with students on a regular basis. Got to say that no student has ever gone this mad in our dining hall. Maybe our Mac & Cheese ain't that great.

I was an RD at Springfield College (had John Cena as a resident actually) - and was an RA there for three years running up. Then I did four years as an RD at another school.

This is called "Thursday, Friday, Saturday night."Kids on my staff dealt with this stuff constantly. I've had drunk parents take a run at me, a Toilet ripped off and thrown at me, had a $50k drug bust, one of my RA's had fireworks thrown in an elevator they were riding in and I got to hold a kid's brain in his head. Those were some highlights. Student disciplinary staffs are completely useless and are/were more worried about trigger warnings or whatever other ancillary BS a kid can use to cop out of whatever turd he or she laid. Gotta pay that tuition bill.

On the whole - loved the fact that I did Res Life. Def. prepared me for life in a way I don't think anything else could have had - not just from dealing with all those shenanigans, but management, cattle herding, dealing with humans and how most really can't get past what's right in front of them in a given moment. Completely and totally invaluable experience. That also being said - I don't miss a second of it.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I am really looking forward to the big-head posters behind the basket of this , don't let me down current students, don't let me down.

This is definitely something I DON'T want to see. This kid is a disgrace and I don't want him to be associated with our school or basketball team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is definitely something I DON'T want to see. This kid is a disgrace and I don't want him to be associated with our school or basketball team.

Well, no problems there. Looks pretty short and unathletic.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Stop it. One drunk moron doesn't taint the entire university. There are 100 kids just like him at every major university in the country.

UChusky916

Reaction Score
Stop it. One drunk moron doesn't taint the entire university. There are 100 kids just like him at every major university in the country.

I've already read more and seen more videos about this kid in the past 2 days than I'd like to in 100 lifetimes. Seeing a sign of his head or a bowl of mac n cheese during basketball games would be utterly ridiculous.

I'm not saying he taints the entire university because I like to think a piece of trash like him is not representative of my alma mater. I hope others agree.

Reaction Score
I've already read more and seen more videos about this kid in the past 2 days than I'd like to in 100 lifetimes. Seeing a sign of his head or a bowl of mac n cheese during basketball games would be utterly ridiculous.

I'm not saying he taints the entire university because I like to think a piece of trash like him is not representative of my alma mater. I hope others agree.
Lighten up and use your head, gramps. In no universe is this kid going to become in any way "representsative" of the university, especially in any official sense.

UChusky916

Reaction Score
Lighten up and use your head, gramps. In no universe is this kid going to become in any way "representsative" of the university, especially in any official sense.

Putting his face on a big-head poster as a previous poster suggested is doing exactly that.

Reaction Score
I'm not defending him at all as his behavior was reprehensible but there is something unsettling about this tech age we live in when people can just whip out their phone and videotape you in public (a lot of times without your knowledge) and than go run to a tabloid website to pretty much have it spread on the internet like a wild fire to ruin you for good. When I was in school (15 years ago) this would have been a unfortunate incident, the kid would have been expelled, learned a tough lesson (hopefully) and either straightened out or keep on the same destructive path. Now? He really has no path for this screw up. He's done. More young people have got to realize this. Including the kid who whipped out his phone to film it for 10 minutes and than went running to Barstool instead of stepping in and helping the manager which would have been better for everyone involved.

Than don't act like an a-s. Imagine a society where people take responsibility and are accountable for their actions. Hope it helps him but what an a-s thing to do.

Reaction Score
Putting his face on a big-head poster as a previous poster suggested is doing exactly that.
Doing exactly what?

So if I print out a big-head poster of The Colonel, does that mean UConn is represented by KFC?

And let's not ignore the fact that that (i.e. what the poster in question said) is not at all going to actually happen. And if it did, it would be representative of what one idiot student thinks is funny.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If his parents focus on his education, they are fools
This kid needs treatment, probably a rehab, and to learn about humility. Sending him to a third college at this time would be a mistake. His best hope (in my opinion) is that he is an alcoholic and that removing booze from his life, that most of the obnoxious goes away with it. However, if it is mostly characterological, treatment would be slow with an even less chance of positive outcome.

Obnoxious as he showed himself. I also feel bad for him in having to be immortalized by social media. His children will likely find this video one day. While I never spit in someone's face or was rude to a worker like this, there are a lot of things that could have haunted me if caught on video.
And we don't throw people away. Especially when they are 19

Curiouser
Reaction Score
D.P. Dough sure acted quick:

They were just on FOX61 news. They sold over 100 last night and expect to sell another 200 tonight, when they are going to stop selling them (can still be ordered by choosing specific items, but they are taking it off the menu). They are donating $2.00 per Mac Gatti calzone to the UConn Fund.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If you don't stop with the senior references I'm going to make a snide comment about women......... and duck for cover when my wife reads it.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
If you don't stop with the senior references I'm going to make a snide comment about women.... and duck for cover when my wife reads it.
Your wife is a yarder or she polices your account?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Your wife is a yarder or she polices your account?
She has radar! I could never do a mau mau!

She doesn't come here. But she's a super fan. Probably was more excited than me when I told her we should go to B of A.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
'Cuse had three major scandals over 10 years, falsifying academics, payment to athletes and and falsifying drug tests. They survived.

Louisville got hookers for recruits and players. Yes, the university is actually a pimp. They survived.

UNC had a two decade long scheme of playing ineligible players and an institutionalized scheme of academic fraud to cover it up which spanned multiple marquee sports, and they found even more wrong doing and used it as an excuse to delay (evade?) punishment. They will likely survive just by throwing woman's basketball under the bus.

Somehow I think that we'll survive a drunk idiot who really likes his Jalapeno & Bacon Mac and Cheese.

Reaction Score
This viciously viral video lasts for nine minutes.

According to the pop-artist/philosopher Andy Warhol, we are each allotted fifteen minutes of fame.

After doing the simple math, it seems this young and dumb offender still has six minutes or so to set his path aright.

Let’s give him and his family the space to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom