OT: Cowherd leaving ESPN | The Boneyard

OT: Cowherd leaving ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I enjoyed listening to him in the morning. Didn't always agree with him but enjoyed his show...

Colin Cowherd, a prominent national voice on ESPN radio since 2003, is leaving the network, multiple industry sources tell The Big Lead. While no destination is finalized, talks are progressing towards a deal with Fox Sports

http://thebiglead.com/2015/07/16/colin-cowherd-leaving-espn-whats-next/

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't care if he's a Calipari player, the amount of utter BS that Cowherd spewed on the subject of John Wall is ridiculous. And to think he was getting paid for it too...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I can't stand the clown. I'd guess he's going to Sirius like Mad Dog Russo did. Good riddance.

Reaction Score
This guy had the most ludicrous premises I ever heard and was such a blowhard. ESPN NY has the worst radio lineup with shows like Mike and Mike, Lupica, Michael Kay and Cowherd.

Reaction Score
Cowherd is aggressive, badgers people without justification, talks about controversial topics, and I love it!

He is a guy who breaks the mold and doesn't give an excrement about what people think, regardless of who it is. I disagree with him quite often and can't stand his love of college football, but he does offer a unique perspective on many topics, stirs many debates and doesn't drink the Kool-Aid about anyone (except maybe John Wall). Much better than these monotone ESPN radio guys who act more like reporters than entertainers. I will be following him wherever he ends up

Reaction Score
He's a waste of radio time for me. He's for the pedestrian fan, and for people who believe what they are told to believe. I like the guys who engage in REAL debate with their callers. Colin just cuts you off of you make a good point that might derail his show instead of exploring what you have to say. Thats because he brings ZERO substance and generally hasnt a clue about what he is taking such a strong stand on. He's like an annoying comedian that i personally dont find funny.

ESPN will be a better place after he leaves.

Reaction Score
Cowherd is aggressive, badgers people without justification, talks about controversial topics, and I love it!

He is a guy who breaks the mold and doesn't give an excrement about what people think, regardless of who it is. I disagree with him quite often and can't stand his love of college football, but he does offer a unique perspective on many topics, stirs many debates and doesn't drink the Kool-Aid about anyone (except maybe John Wall). Much better than these monotone ESPN radio guys who act more like reporters than entertainers. I will be following him wherever he ends up

I like him because he's entertaining, out of the box and doesn't crawl along the company line like the rest of the ESPNbots.

This guy had the most ludicrous premises I ever heard and was such a blowhard. ESPN NY has the worst radio lineup with shows like Mike and Mike, Lupica, Michael Kay and Cowherd.

If you're not opinionated on sports talk radio, no one can hear you. Cowherd was a welcome choice on the dial. I guess they're not for everybody, but M&M, especially M, who is a pure host, give a nice national sampling with humor, albeit not of the ingenious variety. I enjoy Lupica. Yes, he's NY-centric but that's what you expect from a local show. The guy knows sports and more, has a brain and provides insightful opinions. A nice break from those who just spend the hour bashing the athlete-or-team-in-trouble of the day. Kay, meh, I'm a Yankee fan and so is he though he now denies it since he's become 'a professional broadcaster'. I wouldn't miss his pomposity from the radio.

Reaction Score
I like him because he's entertaining, out of the box and doesn't crawl along the company line like the rest of the ESPNbots.

If you're not opinionated on sports talk radio, no one can hear you. Cowherd was a welcome choice on the dial. I guess they're not for everybody, but M&M, especially M, who is a pure host, give a nice national sampling with humor, albeit not of the ingenious variety. I enjoy Lupica. Yes, he's NY-centric but that's what you expect from a local show. The guy knows sports and more, has a brain and provides insightful opinions. A nice break from those who just spend the hour bashing the athlete-or-team-in-trouble of the day. Kay, meh, I'm a Yankee fan and so is he though he now denies it since he's become 'a professional broadcaster'. I wouldn't miss his pomposity from the radio.

I think M and M are the corniest dudes alive and that Lupica and Colin are trolls. To each his own. It's possible to have an intelligent, original show - see SVP and Russillo.

Reaction Score
I think M and M are the corniest dudes alive and that Lupica and Colin are trolls. To each his own. It's possible to have an intelligent, original show - see SVP and Russillo.

Well now it's just The Russillo Show. SVP is gone and so am I.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. Mike and Mike are simply impossible to listen to. Just when you think it can't get worse, Lupica gets on air. He could honestly be the worst host in all of talk radio. He is that bad. Michael Kay is flat out dumb and knows nothing about sports outside of the Yankees. Sadly, my guess is that Russillo is the next to leave. His contract is up in August.

Reaction Score
Well now it's just The Russillo Show. SVP is gone and so am I.

I like him more than SVP. Him with Peter Rosenberg last week was tremendous. You may just be older than I am, the show is definitely geared to a younger crowd.

Reaction Score
I like him more than SVP. Him with Peter Rosenberg last week was tremendous. You may just be older than I am, the show is definitely geared to a younger crowd.
Peter Rosenberg absolutely killed it last week. I felt that SVP tried so hard to be cool and hip and always fell short. Russillo played nice because he had to after all that SVP did for him. In other words, Rosenberg is what SVP tried to be and the two of them gelled immediately.

Reaction Score

Actually quite young. I just have always loved SVP.

Reaction Score
Why live SVP:

He always hates on UCONN for getting rudy gay.

Reaction Score
This board is so fricken negative when it comes to members of the media. I think Jay Bilas is the only guy people like. It's really annoying.

Cowherd has his schtick, and who knows if he even believes in what he's saying half the time, but it stirs debate and conversation. That's what he's paid to do and he's great at it. There's not a guy on the Boneyard who could provide anywhere near his level of entertainment as a one man sports talk show host. Get over yourselves.

I personally am a huge Cowherd fan, and used to listen to him all the time when I had a sales job where I was in the car all the time. Was by far the most entertaining of any sports talk show host out there. Just because you don't agree with him (again, this is part of his schtick) doesn't mean he isn't great at what he does.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. Mike and Mike are simply impossible to listen to. Just when you think it can't get worse, Lupica gets on air. He could honestly be the worst host in all of talk radio. He is that bad. Michael Kay is flat out dumb and knows nothing about sports outside of the Yankees. Sadly, my guess is that Russillo is the next to leave. His contract is up in August.
I didn't even know Lupica has a radio show, the guy is annoying but what separates him from these other clowns is he is actually a good writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom