OT: Chukwu to Syracuse | The Boneyard

OT: Chukwu to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like that 2nd tweet says, this pushes the scholarship reductions to next season, which should last for four years.

Right now, they are at 11 scholarships, with 2 seniors and one 2016 commit. Only one scholarship left for 2016 - their pursuit of Battle should help us with Gilbert.

Reaction Score
Whats odd is that I haven't seen any other tweets confirming this. Is it possible Chukwu was Gibbsed?

Reaction Score
They can have him. Right now he isn't much of a player and whether he will be in the future is anyone's guess. Probably not the best choice for him if he wants to get better.

Reaction Score
They can have him. Right now he isn't much of a player and whether he will be in the future is anyone's guess. Probably not the best choice for him if he wants to get better.

How can it not be a great choice Danzz I mean look at all of the great centers they have pushed out of that Helms Championship winning program - they had:confused:....well Christmas finally had a decent year his 4th season right?

What's really important is how much they teach you how to play the pick and roll so you're ready for the next level - oh crap they play zone he won't be NBA ready now will he?

Reaction Score
They think this is a sign they are getting one of their scholarships back from the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Amazing what they did in comparison to us and how they were treated. And UNC, well there's another laugher. Hell their coach got a raise!:eek:

Reaction Score
Like that 2nd tweet says, this pushes the scholarship reductions to next season, which should last for four years.

Right now, they are at 11 scholarships, with 2 seniors and one 2016 commit. Only one scholarship left for 2016 - their pursuit of Battle should help us with Gilbert.
Stings a little bit because Chukwu was our last shot at bringing a guy in for next season (he would have to sit out, talking about a practice body), but this essentially takes Syracuse out of the running for Gilbert. Getting Gilbert is much more important for the future of the program than Chukwu, even though I think he develops into a first round pick.

Reaction Score
It is a done deal, must be they think a scolly is coming back to them.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Stings a little bit because Chukwu was our last shot at bringing a guy in for next season (he would have to sit out, talking about a practice body), but this essentially takes Syracuse out of the running for Gilbert. Getting Gilbert is much more important for the future of the program than Chukwu, even though I think he develops into a first round pick.
This gives context to Alti G's comments in that latest interview about Cuse "cooling." KO vs. Slick Rick for all the marbles.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
seems like a strange choice, as it was never on his previous lists...he must want to be the next Fab Melo

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Btw, if we were to apply Cuse board snark to this pickup: any chance you get to sign a guy averaging 2 and 2 off the bench at providence, you got to pull the trigger, scholly reductions or not.

Reaction Score
Btw, if we were to apply Cuse board snark to this pickup: any chance you get to sign a guy averaging 2 and 2 off the bench at providence, you got to pull the trigger, scholly reductions or not.

A sign? There will be tee shirts this year for the Chukster.

Reaction Score
It is a done deal, must be they think a scolly is coming back to them.

Not necessarily...Boeheim can just push someone else out the door.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking to make a scholly available it will be the kid that was a friend of Thomas Bryant in high school that gets the boot.

Reaction Score
I got to question Paschal Chukwu's decision making abilities.Why leave Providence when you are the only center? Why go to school under sanctions and with a coach who could retire any minute in a system that isn't really suited for a big man? Wish him the best of luck, but he make sure makes some decisions that leave you scratching your head.

Reaction Score

Exactly. I'll take Amida Brimah over him, I'll take Kentan Facey over him, I'll take Steven Enoch over him, and I'll take Mamadou Diarra over him. I'm not even upset he didn't pick us.

Reaction Score
Wait they just get to pick when they suffer scholarship reductions? And just got to pick when to serve the postseason ban?

WTF kind of punishment is that...

Why not? They basically were allowed to have the investigation stop short of the 2003 championship despite evidence beyond that point. If you can do that I think you should be able to administer your own sanctions..... this is absurd.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I would have liked to see what KO could have done with him. One thing for sure. KO would have told him the truth about minutes being earned. I agree with others that this doesn't seem to make much sense for his future prospects for many reasons. I liked KO's comments about flying under the radar. It also would be fun to have him and Larrier on the practice team. I'll believe it when it's confirmed.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I would have liked to see what KO could have done with him. One thing for sure. KO would have told him the truth about minutes being earned. I agree with others that this doesn't seem to make much sense for his future prospects for many reasons. I liked KO's comments about flying under the radar. It also would be fun to have him and Larrier on the practice team. I'll believe it when it's confirmed.
I think that only a guarantee that Brimah would enter the 2016 NBA draft would have put us in play.

Reaction Score
I got to question Paschal Chukwu's decision making abilities.Why leave Providence when you are the only center? Why go to school under sanctions and with a coach who could retire any minute in a system that isn't really suited for a big man? Wish him the best of luck, but he make sure makes some decisions that leave you scratching your head.
This is a classic example of a kid, or camp, who simply thinks they are better than what they are. Fact is, he averaged an uninspiring 2pts and 2 rbs and after watching some of his games, I am surprised he did that. I am sure you have said or have friends say(atleast I do), "Man, if I was 6'6 I'd definitely be in the NBA." Fact is, they most likely wouldn't. That's Chukwu. Its very easy to get excited about his height. The skillset not so much. And its very unlikely, even with time, that the latter will catch up. This is a headscratcher. Given their situation, I am very surprised that Syracuse went this direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom