OT - CCSU gunman | The Boneyard

OT - CCSU gunman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers to all involved in this and hope nothing bad comes of this...

Reaction Score
Lockdown lifted. 3 arrested (so far).

5b085416-1c19-45d4-92ae-b3afeef7c376_500.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers to all involved in this and hope nothing bad comes of this...
Same. So sad that this has become a new reality.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Rumors that the main suspect was seen around this weekend at Halloween parties wearing what he wore into his dorm today.

Could be a huge overreaction to a costume. Although dumb if he had riot gear/sword/fake gun as being proposed.

News conference any min...

Reaction Score
My sister goes to CCSU and lives in the dorm hall that the arrest was made in. She said it was a kid in a commando costume. He was seen over the weekend wearing it and he (idiotically) decided to wear it to campus today. Pretty scary at first though.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
World's worst walk of shame?

As soon as I started hearing whispers about it being a Halloween costume, this is what I thought.

Reaction Score
Does his first name begin with an R and end in a D?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Kid's lucky to be alive. That's no concept of reality.

Reaction Score
Somewhat off topic, but sort of related. My nephew has a buddy that was walking around the uconn campus with one of those cigarette lighters that look like deringer/gun, when he was a student up there. Someone called the UConn police and they jumped on him. He ended up getting community service over it. Just can't joke like that these days.

A kid I played HS ball with was shot at CCSU at a party years back 14-15, maybe and he successfully sued the school/state, which I'm sure doesn't make an incident like this any better.

Reaction Score
I understand and have no beef with Central or the cops for doing what they did once thye got a call of a gunman. Did all the right things. But this kid was walking around New Britain all afternoon, tooka city bus from downtown back to campus, and was likely hanging around UConn earlier too. And nobody raised an eyebrow. I suspect the Junior G-man who called this in over reacted in his hope to be a hero. If you listen to his 911 call he is clearly trying his best to to be little Columbo..."what if I lead you right to him?" is his response when the 911 operator says don't follow, stuff like that. I suspect he, as much as the kid in the costume is to blame for the whole thing. Someone says he was an ex-cop. I imagine he saw himself as the next chief of police in Hartford after saving all those people. If you see something say something, but don't be an ass about it.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I understand and have no beef with Central or the cops for doing what they did once thye got a call of a gunman. Did all the right things. But this kid was walking around New Britain all afternoon, tooka city bus from downtown back to campus, and was likely hanging around UConn earlier too. And nobody raised an eyebrow. I suspect the Junior G-man who called this in over reacted in his hope to be a hero. If you listen to his 911 call he is clearly trying his best to to be little Columbo..."what if I lead you right to him?" is his response when the 911 operator says don't follow, stuff like that. I suspect he, as much as the kid in the costume is to blame for the whole thing. Someone says he was an ex-cop. I imagine he saw himself as the next chief of police in Hartford after saving all those people. If you see something say something, but don't be an ass about it.

Dude...

BYUtB-zCcAAyfNI.jpg:large

If you saw that on your college campus, you wouldn't call the cops!? I think I would. The dude was an idiot for wearing that on the campus 3 days after Halloween. Can't blame the kid for reporting him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom