OT: Bruce Buffer is the man | The Boneyard

OT: Bruce Buffer is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Um why? Did he post that link to youtube or something? Much preferred brother Michael

Reaction Score

Ronda said that on the weigh in or something like that Bethe went up to her and said " don't cry now" so when she knocked her out at the 3 minute mark she walked to Bethe and said" don't cry now" haha

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know the winner won bronze medal in some sort of martial arts in the Olympics, so she's no doubt skilled at whatever that was...

But that fight was just two barely-marginal boxers throwing their hands at each other. Take away the ring and the crowd and that's just two lumbering oafs in a bar fight.

Reaction Score
I know the winner won bronze medal in some sort of martial arts in the Olympics, so she's no doubt skilled at whatever that was...

But that fight was just two barely-marginal boxers throwing their hands at each other. Take away the ring and the crowd and that's just two lumbering oafs in a bar fight.
Not exactly Ali, huh? But still, if she tells you to take out the trash you just do it no questions asked.

Reaction Score

That's the exact same thing I saw. I just can't get into UFC, I wouldn't question their toughness or some of the skill they have on the ground but people going on and on about this fight like it was something impressive is beyond me. It was a couple of really unskilled boxers flailing away until Rousey lands with one of her haymakers, maybe I'm just picking the wrong fights but it seems the fights my friends tell me to watch end up like this.

Reaction Score
why anyone would enjoy women fighting is beyond me. it's just a brutal sport

Reaction Score
why anyone would enjoy women fighting is beyond me. it's just a brutal sport
And I noticed Rousey was talking about extending the fight to teach the other chick a lesson about talking about personal family stuff (obscure joke about Rousey's dad killing himself).

I get the need for hyping PPV events, but this (blood)sport is already brutal enough so as to question its existence. But then you have people talking about prolonging fights and causing maximal damage to someone. And nobody even discourages that. In fact, it's part of the hype.

Reaction Score

Judo, Rousy's hands have improved greatly lately, but still that is not artistic boxing. Footwork was non existant. That card was horrible by the way. Just had Ronda carry the PPV, but UFC should be ashamed for that card.

Reaction Score
And I noticed Rousey was talking about extending the fight to teach the other chick a lesson about talking about personal family stuff (obscure joke about Rousey's dad killing himself).

I get the need for hyping PPV events, but this (blood)sport is already brutal enough so as to question its existence. But then you have people talking about prolonging fights and causing maximal damage to someone. And nobody even discourages that. In fact, it's part of the hype.
If you are not a football fan this does not pertain to you but if you are then you are an absolute hypocrite! Ive always laughed when someone says MMA is a brutal/barbaric sport and should be banned but then say theyre huge football fans. Just because they wear helmets and pads doesnt make it any less brutal. Football is they most brutal sport there is. You have guys that weigh 250lbs+ smashing into each other at full speed a hundred times a game. More people get killed every year doing the sport of fishing then mma and boxing combined.

Reaction Score
If you are not a football fan this does not pertain to you but if you are then you are an absolute hypocrite! Ive always laughed when someone says MMA is a brutal/barbaric sport and should be banned but then say theyre huge football fans. Just because they wear helmets and pads doesnt make it any less brutal. Football is they most brutal sport there is. You have guys that weigh 250lbs+ smashing into each other at full speed a hundred times a game. More people get killed every year doing the sport of fishing then mma and boxing combined.
I don't enjoy the sport because I don't particularly like watching people get kneed and elbowed in the head, some fans want to see the technical ground game but I think many if not most fans are in it for pure blood lust. Football and boxing are very dangerous but I've heard some MMA fans try and downplay the dangers of MMA which is just ridiculous. It's still a fairly new sport so we haven't had enough time to study everyone's brains, football has been around a long time and fairly recently we are seeing the destruction it has done to people's minds. Without a doubt we will see the same thing with MMA, you are already seeing it with young fighters and Dana White has already taken the same route as the NFL and denied there is any sort of problem. I don't watch too much of the sport but whenever my friends have gotten me to watch their is always concussions all over the place, their is always a risk for a subdural hematoma. I would never downplay the risk in football, boxing or MMA but I will continue to watch football and boxing over MMA because I enjoy those sports much more.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This wasn't supposed to be a bash Ronda or women sports thread. It was supposed to be how energetic and fun watching Bruce is. How we should get him for our pregame

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't enjoy the sport because I don't particularly like watching people get kneed and elbowed in the head, some fans want to see the technical ground game but I think many if not most fans are in it for pure blood lust. Football and boxing are very dangerous but I've heard some MMA fans try and downplay the dangers of MMA which is just ridiculous. It's still a fairly new sport so we haven't had enough time to study everyone's brains, football has been around a long time and fairly recently we are seeing the destruction it has done to people's minds. Without a doubt we will see the same thing with MMA, you are already seeing it with young fighters and Dana White has already taken the same route as the NFL and denied there is any sort of problem. I don't watch too much of the sport but whenever my friends have gotten me to watch their is always concussions all over the place, their is always a risk for a subdural hematoma. I would never downplay the risk in football, boxing or MMA but I will continue to watch football and boxing over MMA because I enjoy those sports much more.
There's been studies and reports that as gruesome as it may sound that they need to bring back bare knuckle fighting to reduce the brain trauma. I don't want MMA but Im not going to on a person who is very good at what they do bc it's dangerous and a blood sport. This has been going on for hundreds of years. Some people are wired to be in the cage some aren't. When I do watch it or watch highlights I do like seeing the technical aspect of it, grabs and how they get out of certain holds, etc.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

No one discourages it because no one is forcing these people to do this. If they don't want to get seriously hurt they should shut their mouths before the fight or find another sport. And once fans get sick of this sport theyll stop watching and the sport will die.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Basically like the mayweather fight. Someone who waiting until his opponent was injured and out of his prime and then danced around the ring and hugged his opponent.

Reaction Score
You guys can hate all you want. She's the best in the world at what she does and no one has come close to beating her in MMA. To say she is unskilled is beyond ridiculous.

She might not be unskilled but what you saw there wasn't at all skilled. I'm guessing somewhere in the fact she hammers all comers she has more "skill" than everyone in her class but this di not confirm that.

Reaction Score
This thread is funny. Any mention of MMA on the BY turns into a de facto boxing/mma argument. I definitely can see why some people would not like MMA. This picture represents all that is great and horrible about MMA - warning, not for the faint of heart ---> PICTURE.
I loved boxing back in the 80s. I gladly paid 60 bucks a fight to watch Iron Mike, who was wildly entertaining.
"Some people like Pepsi, some people like Coke. The wacky morning DJ says democracy's a joke."
I thought the Rousey fight was entertaining. Yeah yeah - there are 100 reasons why her dominance is historical but doesn't mean much. It's like Wilt Chamberlain - guy was dominant at a time when nobody was near his size. So, yeah, she's dominant, but there's no competition.
For my dollar, I like MMA. But I respect that others like other things, including boxing.
It's not one or the other. And, at the end of the day, it's about being entertained.

Reaction Score
Basically like the mayweather fight. Someone who waiting until his opponent was injured and out of his prime and then danced around the ring and hugged his opponent.
Lol, you sound like a lunkhead. I actually dig MMA(not as much as boxing), but you can usually spot when someone is talking out of their element with comments like this.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This thread is funny. Any mention of MMA on the BY turns into a de facto boxing/mma argument. I definitely can see why some people would not like MMA. This picture represents all that is great and horrible about MMA - warning, not for the faint of heart ---> PICTURE.
I loved boxing back in the 80s. I gladly paid 60 bucks a fight to watch Iron Mike, who was wildly entertaining.
"Some people like Pepsi, some people like Coke. The wacky morning DJ says democracy's a joke."
I thought the Rousey fight was entertaining. Yeah yeah - there are 100 reasons why her dominance is historical but doesn't mean much. It's like Wilt Chamberlain - guy was dominant at a time when nobody was near his size. So, yeah, she's dominant, but there's no competition.
For my dollar, I like MMA. But I respect that others like other things, including boxing.
It's not one or the other. And, at the end of the day, it's about being entertained.
This wasn't even supposed to be about the fight. Just the intro lol

Reaction Score

Right and that's exactly the point people are making.

How is this entertaining? It was literally 30 seconds of arm flailing. You can see better and more technical fights recorded on cell phones everyday on YouTube or world star.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
11059749_10150535708484944_2950955801284739666_n.png

Reaction Score
I'm no fan of women fighting, only because they look like they can kick my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom