OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Except the CBA specifically says that Goodell has the right to suspend players for nebulous reasons and to hear and rule on any appeals, so they can't even use this argument in court. The players themselves are to blame because they gave away their right to a neutral arbitrator when they voluntarily agreed to their collective bargaining.
That's not what they agreed to. Goodell circumvented the spirit of the CBA by having Vincent "hand down" the punishment. Everyone and their brother knows it was Goodell.

Depending on the Judge (Presumably Doty), The United States Constitution may just supersede the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bonehead said:
4 game suspension upheld.

If true below his right not to share it but looks bad on Tom - this will leave a taint.

Reads right out of the Aaron Hernandez book on how to preserve evidence -

In announcing the decision, Goodell cited new information that on or shortly before March 6, Brady had directed that the cell phone he had used for the prior four months be destroyed. The NFL said in the statement that Brady destroyed the phone even though he was aware that investigators had requested access to text messages and other electronic information that had been stored on the phone.

According to the NFL, Brady had exchanged nearly 10,000 text messages, none of which can now be retrieved. The NFL also said in its statement that the destruction of the cell phone was not disclosed until June 18, almost four months after investigators had first sought information from him.

Goodell said in the statement he found that Brady "went beyond a mere failure to cooperate in the investigation and supported a finding that he had sought to hide evidence of his own participation in the scheme." Based on Ted Wells' report and the evidence presented at that hearing, Goodell also said that Brady was aware of, and took steps to support, the actions of other team employees to deflate game footballs below the levels allowed under NFL rules.

He said taint...

Reaction Score
Depending on the Judge (Presumably Doty), The United States Constitution may just supersede the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement.

It's not going to be Doty because the NFL beat Brady to the punch by filing a lawsuit in New York last Tuesday so that they can avoid having to go to Doty in Minnesota. And I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but collective bargaining agreements are protected by both federal and state laws. CBAs aren't just a sports thing, but have been a major part of US labor law for decades.

Also since you mentioned Doty, I don't think you realize that the only reason he overturned Adrian Peterson's suspension was because it circumvented the CBA (it fell under the old discipline policy because that's when the incident occurred and he shouldn't have been punished retroactively). This decision is also under appeal and there's a good chance that the high court will side with the NFL because it is generally frowned upon for federal judges to review the rulings of an arbitrator.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is that a judge will pretty much never overturn an arbitrator's deicision simply on the basis that "the arbitrator just got it wrong." They basically have to prove that anyone else would have gone the other way on the decision. This also assumes that Brady is completely innocent and the fact that he destroyed evidence will clearly not help his case in court.

Last edited:

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Patriot haters have become unglued. Venom like that should be reserved for the Russians, Chinese, or ISIS.

Some need to get themselves checked.

Reaction Score
Patriot haters have become unglued. Venom like that should be reserved for the Russians, Chinese, or ISIS.

Some need to get themselves checked.
Quite the opposite, the only people still weakly trying to defend Brady are Patriots fans. Why would a Patriots hater become unglued now, just does not make any sense? Also, you hate Russian and Chinese people? Just a strange post all around.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Goodell didn't just get the judgement wrong, he got procedure wrong.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Quite the opposite, the only people still weakly trying to defend Brady are Patriots fans. Why would a Patriots hater become unglued now, just does not make any sense? Also, you hate Russian and Chinese people? Just a strange post all around.

Patriot haters are grossly exaggerating this situation. This is not as serious as a baseball pitcher applying a substance to a baseball, which is a safety issue.

And the amount of venom on display is at the level you'd expect to see for enemies of this country. If you don't understand that, I don't know how you find your way to work every morning.

Reaction Score
Redding Husky said:
Patriot haters are grossly exaggerating this situation. This is not as serious as a baseball pitcher applying a substance to a baseball, which is a safety issue.

And the amount of venom on display is at the level you'd expect to see for enemies of this country. If you don't understand that, I don't know how you find your way to work every morning.
Talk about becoming unglued!

Reaction Score

This post is even weirder than the last one. Brady's legacy took a hit but your Pats get to keep all those trophies, life will go on.

Reaction Score
Do I think that Brady is guilty? Absolutely. Has he been an idiot through this entire process? Yes.

Does the penalty fit the crime? Nope. Basically over the last 2+ years the NFL Has basically said go ahead and hit your woman, stab some guys, etc. because all you are going to get is a slap on the wrist. But, if you play with Mr. Goodell's ball, the fires of hell are going to rain down upon you.

Reaction Score
Do I think that Brady is guilty? Absolutely. Has he been an idiot through this entire process? Yes.

Does the penalty fit the crime? Nope. Basically over the last 2+ years the NFL Has basically said go ahead and hit your woman, stab some guys, etc. because all you are going to get is a slap on the wrist. But, if you play with Mr. Goodell's ball, the fires of hell are going to rain down upon you.
It would have been a slap on the wrist if Brady said he likes his footballs a little underinflated. Most people would have accepted the NFL slap on the wrist that was sure to come and would have moved on, his arrogance has dug him a hole and now he can't get out. Now most will view him as a liar and a cheat.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It would have been a slap on the wrist if Brady said he likes his footballs a little underinflated. Most people would have accepted the NFL slap on the wrist that was sure to come and would have moved on, his arrogance has dug him a hole and now he can't get out. Now most will view him as a liar and a cheat.

Most irrationally viewed him as a liar and a cheat from the moment it was reported, before anyone responded or any reports were conducted. This whole process was a great way for a bunch of Jets/Giants fans to unleash the anger they felt towards Brady.

Reaction Score
Most irrationally viewed him as a liar and a cheat from the moment it was reported, before anyone responded or any reports were conducted. This whole process was a great way for a bunch of Jets/Giants fans to unleash the anger they felt towards Brady.

Again, why as a Giants fan, would I have anger for Tom Brady? Unleash anger over what the fact Eli owns him in head to head big games?

You guys think way too much of yourselves.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Again, why as a Giants fan, would I have anger for Tom Brady? Unleash anger over what the fact Eli owns him in head to head big games?

You guys think way too much of yourselves.

Over the fact that he's the QB of Boston's team? Don't tell me Yankees fans didn't hate the Sox during the various historical periods when they owned/own them.

Reaction Score

Undermining the integrity of the game? It's a rule he thought his own "Brady Rule" was better, he lost. Live with it guys - everyone on earth now knows they have plenty of proof and there's no arguing that unless of course you are a Pats fan. Maybe the fewest fumbles in the NFL now have an answer? ;)

Reaction Score
Over the fact that he's the QB of Boston's team? Don't tell me Yankees fans didn't hate the Sox during the various historical periods when they owned/own them.

That's a rivalry though, the Giants and Pats are hardly worthy of mention with the Yanks/Sox lets be honest. And by the way in case you didn't notice it worked both ways in the hate or dislike department in baseball.

Reaction Score
That's a rivalry though, the Giants and Pats are hardly worthy of mention with the Yanks/Sox lets be honest. And by the way in case you didn't notice it worked both ways in the hate or dislike department in baseball.
Or Celtics-Knicks... oops, nevermind.

Reaction Score
Giants are in a different conference and the two times they played the Patriots in the Super Bowl they won.
Never hated the Red Sox or ever really considered them a rival until they won. My dad is in his 70's and he used to laugh when my Yankee friends would get together with with my Red Sox friends and talk trash, he said he never considered Boston a rival his entire life.

Reaction Score
Or Celtics-Knicks... oops, nevermind.
I'm a Knicks fan and never considered that a rivalry at all, never disliked the Celtics and to make things a rivalry it has to be somewhat even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom