OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm | Page 22 | The Boneyard

OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"I know that that is very true, and, you know, as Peyton talked to guys who played for the Patriots, some of the guys who came over—whether it’s true or not he treated it as true," Dungy said. "We didn’t have a lot of strategy discussions inside the locker room there."

That's probably why the Pats were prepared for that pass play by the Seahawks. Beacuse they bugged their locker room. In Seattle.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Super Bowl was played in Glendale, AZ. The Patriots wouldn't have to bug Seattle because they get all the All-22s they desire, as do the other 31 teams...but i'm sure your story will be reported on Good Morning America on a loop and retracted (maybe) by Steve Levy once at 12:30am 6 months from now.

Reaction Score
Do you realize how much of this stuff goes on?

The Dolphins once blew out Brady and the Patriots 24-0 after stealing Brady's signals off a videotape.

The Jets taped the Patriots from the sidelines in 2006.

There were people spying on the Patriots during their Super Bowl practices in 2001.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/02/sports/pro-football-notebook-brady-says-ankle-is-fine.html

Or pulled fire alarms night before a game: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ds-at-patriots-hotel-for-super-bowl/22540611/

Then there's the Panthers GM who complained the Patriots had an advantage in their Super Bowl after stealing signals with Spygate. Now, it may well be the Patriots had stolen the Panthers' signals, but if they did steal them, they would have doneit perfectly legally. Why? Because they hadn't played the John Fox Panthers prior to that, and so they couldn't have stolen the signals from the sidelines. They could have only stolen them from gametape or else TV. The last time the Patriots had played the Panthers, George Seifert was the coach, 3 years earlier.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

The Dolphins once blew out Brady and the Patriots 24-0 after stealing Brady's signals off a videotape.

There were people spying on the Patriots during their Super Bowl practices in 2001.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/02/sports/pro-football-notebook-brady-says-ankle-is-fine.html

Or pulled fire alarms night before a game: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ds-at-patriots-hotel-for-super-bowl/22540611/

Then there's the Panthers GM who complained the Patriots had an advantage in their Super Bowl after stealing signals with Spygate. Now, it may well be the Patriots had stolen the Panthers' signals, but if they did steal them, they would have doneit perfectly legally. Why? Because they hadn't played the John Fox Panthers prior to that, and so they couldn't have stolen the signals from the sidelines. They could have only stolen them from gametape or else TV. The last time the Patriots had played the Panthers, George Seifert was the coach, 3 years earlier.

That's all irrelevant, it only matters if the Patriots do it! Haha

Funny part is how far BB is in his opponents' heads. It's like Tiger or Tyson in his prime.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

or from the front row -

Perfectly legal and stolen in the same sentence- which is it?
Does stolen mean obtained illegally??

Reaction Score
or from the front row -

Perfectly legal and stolen in the same sentence- which is it?
Does stolen mean obtained illegally??

Say what?

You think it's illegal to steal signals?

NEWSFLASH: It's not.

But now I understand your confusion with Spygate.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Say what?

You think it's illegal to steal signals?

NEWSFLASH: It's not.

But now I understand your confusion with Spygate.

How can you steal something legally?

Would you mind stealing us some money legally?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You've never heard the phrase "stealing signals?"

Or "stealing bases" apparently.

I'd like to imagine there's a small law enforcement task force out there working feverishly to bring these thieves to justice. On the wall of their office is a black and white photo of Ricky Henderson labeled "public enemy #1."

Reaction Score
Or "stealing bases" apparently.

I'd like to imagine there's a small law enforcement task force out there working feverishly to bring these thieves to justice. On the wall of their office is a black and white photo of Ricky Henderson labeled "public enemy #1."

LOL, sometimes I wonder why we even bother on this subject.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
LOL, sometimes I wonder why we even bother on this subject.
I so agree.
Pat fans just can't stop defending an innocent man.
The last time I can remember an innocent man being so vehemently defended by fans and attorneys like Brady was OJ...

Husky25

Reaction Score
I so agree.
The last time I can remember an innocent man being so vehemently defended by fans and attorneys like Brady was OJ...

LOL.

There is an ocean of difference between innocent and and not guilty.

In Brady's case there is no direct evidence that he did anything.

In OJ's case there was (apparently) enough "reasonable" doubt that he actually did that of which he was accused.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
LOL.

There is an ocean of difference between innocent and and not guilty.

In Brady's case there is no direct evidence that he did anything.

In OJ's case there was (apparently) enough "reasonable" doubt that he actually did that of which he was accused.
Thanks for playing!!
:).

Upstater takes it all way too seriously...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I so agree.

Im not defending anyone at the moment. Judge Berman is.

Still confused about things?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmm, methinks Boney doesn't like the Judge Berman quotes to date. He's working hard to trying milk this bogus scandal while he can.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Hmm, methinks Boney doesn't like the Judge Berman quotes to date. He's working hard to trying milk this bogus scandal while he can.
I am trying to milk this bogus scandal...

You can go back a few pages and see discussion with Husky25...I really don't care either way about this but its way too easy to rile Pat fans up a bit about their 'alleged checkered' recent history. I stated recently that the punishment doesn't match the crime. I do not hate the Pats or Brady, watch a lot of their games with wife who is a diehard, respect them tremendously, and as a Vikings fan could care less what they do.

Im not defending anyone at the moment. Judge Berman is.

Still confused about things?

Very much so...

Words don't always match actions.

I didn't hear Judge Berman defend anyone but you are much more absorbed about and into this than I am...I heard him ask questions and make comments but I missed where the judge defended Mr. Brady during his appeal.

You're apparently confused that stealing signals is illegal. It's not.
Is this link accurate in its information to clear up my perceived confusion on spygate?
I would like to become unconfused but not by your rhetoric so I am looking for a link you and I agree with to clear up my confusions.

Reaction Score
I didn't hear Judge Berman defend anyone but you are much more absorbed about and into this than I am...I heard him ask questions and make comments but I missed where the judge defended Mr. Brady during his appeal.

He did. He backed Brady's assertion against Pash when Brady stated he only ever asked for the balls at the legal minimum.

It wasn't enough when Kessler said that Brady made the exact same comment that the Judge did, but then Berman topped it by saying, "Exactly," and then he even insisted that Kessler read Brady's testimony verbatim into the record. The Judge asserted that there was no evidence Brady wanted anything other than the balls set to legal limits. The Judge said that.

Still waiting on you to get to the bottom of this "it's illegal to steal signals" stuff. You haven't given us any proof that it's illegal to steal signals. Sounds like something you just made up.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
This is what I'm afraid of. Here's another lawyer's take. Granted, it's ESPNs guy, and they've been fanning the flames of this for all it's worth.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...se-nfl-win-end-new-england-patriots-tom-brady

Fair and Balanced Post

:)

Some tidbits -

While Brady and his supporters no doubt find some comfort in Berman's attack on Goodell's reasoning, they shouldn't try to read into Berman's statements and questions from the bench. Why? Because the judge is not leaning in Brady's direction. He has been, instead, doing what hundreds of judges do in American courtrooms each day: trying to push the side with the stronger legal position into consideration of a settlement.

In this case, recognizing that the NFL has convincing evidence and significant legal precedents on its side, Berman knows the only way he can produce a settlement is to show the league that there is a possibility it could lose a case that it should win. That is why he devoted most of a hearing Wednesday to picking apart the Goodell opinion and the league's legal position.

The limits on a federal judge's authority over an arbitration decision are well established. Brady and the union lawyers want Berman to reconsider everything in Goodell's 20-page opinion. The legal term for the Brady demand is a hearing "de novo." It means a do-over, and a do-over is exactly what Berman is not permitted to do under American law.

NFL attorneys needed only nine pages in a brief they filed this past Friday to describe the unquestioned legal doctrine that limits what Berman can do. It may be the shortest brief the NFL has filed in its massive history of litigation.

It all seems very desperate, but Brady and Pats fans shouldn't entirely lose hope. Berman has not ruled yet, has called Brady and Goodell back to court on Aug. 31 and could find a way to rule for Brady. It has happened previously in litigation involving celebrity athletes.

But even if that happens, it's unlikely Berman's decision would stand.

Shira Scheindlin, another federal judge in the same building where Berman is considering the Brady dispute, ruled in favor of Maurice Clarett in 2004, allowing him to enter the NFL draft even though legal precedents supported the collective bargaining position that a player was not eligible for the draft until his college class has completed its third year.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Still waiting on you to get to the bottom of this "it's illegal to steal signals" stuff.
Depending on where you are when you do it.
Is this your method to get me off Brady topic...focusing on other Patriot 'scandals'?

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score
This is what I'm afraid of. Here's another lawyer's take. Granted, it's ESPNs guy, and they've been fanning the flames of this for all it's worth.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...se-nfl-win-end-new-england-patriots-tom-brady

grain-of-salt.jpg

Reaction Score
Depending on where you are when you do it.
Is this your method to get me off Brady topic...focusing on other Patriot 'scandals'?

Hilarious coming from the guy who posts links to bugged locker room rumors.

I'll take this last post as an admission you were either wrong or that you just make stuff up and fail to back it.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Hilarious coming from the guy who posts links to bugged locker room rumors.

I'll take this last post as an admission you were either wrong or that you just make stuff up and fail to back it.
glad to make you laugh ...

You can take the post in whatever manner you want. You spend an awful lot of time defending the innocent - I see why you weren't hired for either appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom