OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hate the Patriots and I can't believe this whole thing is making me support them. It is a joke. I hope Goodel burns in hell that scum.

Reaction Score
He did not refuse. Your listening to web rumors and not facts.

Not sure what litigation has to do with this, but within the CBA it is the process they need to follow. So, no he doesn't have to prove a negative.

Last comment is um strange.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If I were a Pats fan I'd be pissed at Brady.

Yeah, I'm pissed at the guy that won 4 Super Bowls. Brady is just a pawn here. This is all about the dirtiest player in the game, Goodell, seizing and consolidating power. Goodell frees himself from the yoke of being seen as Kraft's buttboy, while all the other owners are high-fiving over the Pats getting it stuck to them. Kraft hung Brady out to dry. Kraft got what he wanted, a free pass for Belichick. His crocodile tears today were totally disingenuous.

Reaction Score
I guess all these Brady haters missed the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl this year. He's the best.

...and would have still lost if Coach Teflon Carroll had not tried to out-smart himself and just hand the ball off to one of the NFL's best running backs from the 2 yard line.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
He did not refuse. Your listening to web rumors and not facts.

Not sure what litigation has to do with this, but within the CBA it is the process they need to follow. So, no he doesn't have to prove a negative.

Last comment is um strange.
People who work for private entities sometimes have to answer to higher ups.

Reaction Score
The only FACT to come out of this issue is that we are near guaranteed a lock-out come CBA renewal. There is no f'g way the union will ever agree to leave the commish as judge, jury and executioner.

I'm afraid you, like most of the Pat's fans on here, are in your own isolated world. Get outside of New England and you will find that Brady's stunt dramatically turned public opinion against the Pat's. If that extends to other teams, I see little support for the Pat's in this. If Brady were concerned about the team he'd say he made a mistake in destroying the phone and let's move on for the good of the team.

Reaction Score
People hate any successful team. Who cares? I've been a Pats fan since they were walloped in Super Bowl XX and had season tickets in 1990, when they went 1-15. People hating the Patriots really doesn't bother me. If anything, I am blown away they managed to win 4 Super Bowls in my lifetime. Did not see that coming. No complaints here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm afraid you, like most of the Pat's fans on here, are in your own isolated world. Get outside of New England and you will find that Brady's stunt dramatically turned public opinion against the Pat's. If that extends to other teams, I see little support for the Pat's in this. If Brady were concerned about the team he'd say he made a mistake in destroying the phone and let's move on for the good of the team.

You think this turned public opinion against Brady? He's been hated for a long time simply due to success.

Reaction Score
I am not sure how you concluded that he did not cooperate. And since when does someone in this country have to prove they did nothing wrong - that's the infamous when did you stop beating your wife question. I'm not a Pats fan, but if you're view is that when accused of something it becomes your job to prove the negative, well ... you're an idiot - and please disprove that w/appropriate texts and what not

In an arbitration hearing, all the arbitrator does is act as the judge and make a ruling that is binding on the parties involved. If you are one of the parties involved in an arbitration hearing, it is your job to present your own case as well as present your own evidence and arguments. Brady basically told the NFL, "here are the people who I texted, go get the evidence from them yourself, also I'm not giving you my own record of messages." This isn't how arbitration works, especially if you want to win. It wasn't Goodell's job to prove that Brady did nothing wrong, it was Brady's job to do it against the other side (Wells).

Reaction Score
I get a huge laugh from Pats fans continuous whining about "haters will hate" and everyone "hates Brady" it's a joke.

I know I don't hate Brady and respect everything he has done for football and his legacy. He created this problem by trying to keep his legacy clean when it wasn't, but who gives a rats ass about something that ultimately had nothing to due with the outcome last year? I mean if he just did what he was supposed to do instead of being his arrogant self this would not even be discussed now as we speak. It really is that simple Pats fans it's on him. 2 games and less money if he didn't try to show up Goodell and his team. If there are haters as you say it's now easy to see why, but I doubt there are many as you would like to see. It's just this Nation crap of anyone hates us - hilarious

Reaction Score

I am not a pats fan. I said that. Like everything else you ignored the FACTS to put forth a personal agenda.

Reaction Score
In an arbitration hearing, all the arbitrator does is act as the judge and make a ruling that is binding on the parties involved. If you are one of the parties involved in an arbitration hearing, it is your job to present your own case as well as present your own evidence and arguments. Brady basically told the NFL, "here are the people who I texted, go get the evidence from them yourself, also I'm not giving you my own record of messages." This isn't how arbitration works, especially if you want to win. It wasn't Goodell's job to prove that Brady did nothing wrong, it was Brady's job to do it against the other side (Wells).

First, in no arbitration setting other than this, is the arbitrator "the other side". Second, you have misinterpreted the facts and the process. If you were an arbitrator or were familiar with the arbitration process, you'd know better. You're right, it wasn't Goodell's job to prove that Brady did nothing wrong. But it was his job to prove he did something wrong. Your argument that Tom had to prove that he did not send text messages to staffers directing them to underinflate balls is ludicrous. It is not his job to prove their case.

Essentially, the problem with this case is that it is crazy the league drew a line in the sand on this issue. They should've fined the Pats, told them and the rest of the league to knock it off, and moved on. Instead, this has turned in to the league saying, hey Tom, my is bigger than yours. The real question, IMO, is why

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Randy Moss is a parking lot receiver? Gronk? Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Wes Welker. Yup, all scrubs.

How'd the Pats do w/o the great Brady in 2008? oh, 11-5.

Moss and Gronk are Hall of Famers. The rest were only good with Brady. I guess you don't watch much football.

Reaction Score
Moss and Gronk are Hall of Famers. The rest were only good with Brady. I guess you don't watch much football.
Can those career-high 10 TDs Welker had, in only 13 games, in his 2013 season with Denver be credited to Brady as well?
Branch averaged 3.69 rec/game and 48.3 yds/game in NE vs 3.7 rec/game and 46 yds/game in SEA. We'll just credit Branch's 4 years in SEA to Brady.
Troy Brown played his entire career w/the Pats. However, his yards per reception pre-2001 was 12.6 vs 10.7 yards per reception in the Brady era.

So first Brady did all this on his own, with "parking lot" receivers. Now he's got 2 HOF receivers and some good receivers who were only good CUZ of Brady. Not to mention the team is only good cuz of Brady even though they went 11-5 in 2008 w/o him. What next can Brady be credited for?

Pats are great, but its a TEAM sport. This isn't all Brady.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA