OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's been the best QB in the last 20+ years, usually playing with castoff receivers or guys from the parking lot.

Without Brady, that's a .500 team since 2000.

Randy Moss is a parking lot receiver? Gronk? Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Wes Welker. Yup, all scrubs.

How'd the Pats do w/o the great Brady in 2008? oh, 11-5.

Reaction Score
tiger8mush said:
Randy Moss is a parking lot receiver? Gronk? Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Wes Welker. Yup, all scrubs. How'd the Pats do w/o the great Brady in 2008? oh, 11-5.

Yeah. I was in the trophy room with Brady, Gronk, Edelman and Amendola and the first thing that came to my mind was "hey Tom, you were pretty lucky. Wonder how you would do if you weren't surrounded by these bums."

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
ESPN's legal analyst Lester Munson says Brady has no chance at overturning the suspension in court.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...-short-court-challenge-roger-goodell-decision
Honestly, anything about Deflate-____* reported by any ESPN employee is discounted, in my view. Chris Mortensen's false initial report that 11 of 12 balls were at least 2 P.S.I. under the legal parameter has never been retracted. Though ESPN has paid the NFL for media rights, they are firmly latched to a teet that returns so many times more than the related media rights fees. ESPN has already dismissed...ahem...I mean not renewed the contracts of 3 very public opponents of The Shield. Is it just coincidence that ESPN gets the jump on the (probably erroneous) "destroyed" cellphone as much as the erroneous 11/12 balls being 2 P.S.I. under-inflation.

* - I refuse to attach the letters G, T, E, A, in any order to any controversy, other than what occurred involving a certain hotel in Washington D.C. in the mid-1970s.

Reaction Score
Tom Brady's destruction of evidence likely meets the standards of spoliation and the NFL will almost certainly seek sanctions

Specifically, the duty to preserve potentially relevant evidence may arise before the filing of a lawsuit if it is reasonably foreseeable that a lawsuit will be filed. It does not matter if the individual or organization is the initiator or the target of litigation, as the common law duty to preserve evidence arises at the moment that litigation is reasonably anticipated. The situation can arise, for example, if an individual or an organization plans to initiate litigation, a potential defendant receives a demand letter, a company learns that a former employee is seriously contemplating a lawsuit, or if an event or other circumstance would reasonably put an organization or an individual on notice that a lawsuit is likely to be filed.

In Brady’s case, his or the NFLPA’s attorneys will have to argue that litigation was somehow not reasonably foreseeable or anticipated despite every sports show talking head predicting that this situation would end up in court from the first day of the scandal. It seems highly implausible that a reasonable person in Brady’s situation would not foresee litigation and not think to preserve a cellphone after receiving multiple prior requests for it.

Reaction Score
Patriot haters have become unglued. Venom like that should be reserved for the Russians, Chinese, or ISIS.

Some need to get themselves checked.

The Patriots apologists are doing a fine job of keeping up with the stupidity.

Neither Goodell nor Brady come off good here. It's a cast of unlikable characters being made fools of. Pass the popcorn.

Reaction Score
Brady would have been better off violating the league's substance abuse policy, incurring a few driving infractions, and then going home and beating the crap out of his wife. For that the suspension would have been reduced.

Reaction Score
The only FACT to come out of this issue is that we are near guaranteed a lock-out come CBA renewal. There is no f'g way the union will ever agree to leave the commish as judge, jury and executioner.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Brady would have been better off violating the league's substance abuse policy, incurring a few driving infractions, and then going home and beating the crap out of his wife. For that the suspension would have been reduced.
That's not true.

He could have cooperated and probably got a game or two...especially if he proved he did nothing wrong. He could have got out in front of the story and showed texts and what not and make goodell look foolish.

Reaction Score
Yes you are probably the only one, I will say Bridgete Moynahan is better looking and Jeter's girl Hannah Davis is way better looking.

Hannah takes first, Giselle 2nd based on pure hot body and Bridgette a distant 3rd but by no means an awful leftover.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who doesn't find Gisele particularly attractive?

Wow! She was six times voted the world's most beautiful woman. Who's more attractive than her? If you have a better standard to apply, I'd love to hear it.

Reaction Score
Wow! She was six times voted the world's most beautiful woman. Who's more attractive than her? If you have a better standard to apply, I'd love to hear it.
Meh, I like brunettes better. Preferentially, latinas. Also I think she looks a little too genetically similar to me (i.e. Germanic as duck) and that's why I'm not super in to her face.

Don't get me wrong, this is relative to what I personally like best; she's still beautiful.

Reaction Score
Here's Goodell's findings. I didn't notice it linked elsewhere.

I haven't had the chance to go through in detail, but on a quick glance it seems paper thin but written in an authoritative tone.

I agree with H25 that this may rest on a determination of Goodell was an appropriate and impartial arbitrator. If he is, we don't get to the flaws in the Wells report, we defer to the arbitrator.

People are getting a woody about the phone destruction. While bad optics, if he wasn't required to turn it over, then he was free to do whatever he chose with it.

Ted Wells, the NFL's "independent" investigator on May 12:
I told Mr. Brady and his agent I did not, I was willing not to take possession of the phone. I said I don’t want to see any private information, I said you keep the phone. You the agent, Mr. Yee, you can look at the phone. You give me documents that are responsive and I will take your word that you have given me what’s responsive. And they still refused.

At the appeal, Brady presents all the documentation from his phone.

The NFL's response: We must see the phone. The phone is gone? OMG!

That's what cooperating gets you.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I guess all these Brady haters missed the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl this year. He's the best.

Reaction Score
That's not true.

He could have cooperated and probably got a game or two...especially if he proved he did nothing wrong. He could have got out in front of the story and showed texts and what not and make goodell look foolish.

I am not sure how you concluded that he did not cooperate. And since when does someone in this country have to prove they did nothing wrong - that's the infamous when did you stop beating your wife question. I'm not a Pats fan, but if you're view is that when accused of something it becomes your job to prove the negative, well ... you're an idiot - and please disprove that w/appropriate texts and what not

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I am not sure how you concluded that he did not cooperate. And since when does someone in this country have to prove they did nothing wrong - that's the infamous when did you stop beating your wife question. I'm not a Pats fan, but if you're view is that when accused of something it becomes your job to prove the negative, well ... you're an idiot - and please disprove that w/appropriate texts and what not

He reused to provide information pertinent to an NFL investigation - he can refuse everything and not play.

Its not a court of law.

-from idiot

In America those who work for their money have to take a piss test but those who get the money for free don't - it's a weird world we live in.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Kraft's statement was harsh. He exposed the NFL as a farce.
Lol

The 'farce' that puts millions in his pockets? That farce?
Which other owners stood with him as he exposed the farce or was he alone?

Reaction Score
If I were a Pats fan I'd be pissed at Brady. Not for deflategate, which is mickey mouse stuff in the grand scheme of things, but for his behavior after it. He could have taken one for the team (literally) and gotten a one or two game suspension at the beginning of the season. Over and done with and on to defending the title. But he's too concerned about his legacy (which is shot outside of New England regardless). If he takes it to court and gets the suspension stayed, he is running a high risk of having the suspension enforced in the latter part of the season during the playoff run (assuming a stay was put in place). I can't imagine Belichick is at all happy with the way this is playing out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like how the Deflategate faux controversy is a Rorschach test of sorts.

th

Pats fans see Brady holding a couple of Super Bowl trophies
Pats haters see Brady deflating balls.
The Bolsheviks among us see a capitalist hording unjustified wealth.

It's fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69