OT: Boxing: Mayweather and Pacquiao rumors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Boxing: Mayweather and Pacquiao rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If this fight happens it will be great for 4, maybe 5, rounds. After that it will be a boxing clinic.

Reaction Score
I can't. You are too old for me. I want younger fights. I pick my size.

Just to be clear, after you ran your mouth about a bet and told me I was running away from you, you're now tucking your tail between your legs and slinking off and still talking like a tough guy. You're pretty much the epitome of a keyboard warrior. I'm embarrassed for you.

Offer still stands, I'll take your money.

Reaction Score
If this fight happens it will be great for 4, maybe 5, rounds. After that it will be a boxing clinic.
yeah, it will be a running clinic since pac's hits too hard. someone's got to run for dear life. that's why weak-willed soft-feathered May does not want to fight. been running for 5 years.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear, after you ran your mouth about a bet and told me I was running away from you, you're now tucking your tail between your legs and slinking off and still talking like a tough guy. You're pretty much the epitome of a keyboard warrior. I'm embarrassed for you.
The bet still stands should the fight materialize. I suggest the winner donate half of it to Alzheimer's Organization. And I'll take the other half of your money and return it you.

The bet was never off. It's engaging your weak mind that horrifies me. An old man with a weak mind like yours is never embarrassed for anyone. Only for himself. Your one-armed scenario won't even hold up in real life - maybe in Fantasy Boxing, which you inhabit 24-7. You are not a genuine boxing fan. You are just desperately wanting LIKES. Sad.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Manny opens as a 3-1 favorite.

My guess is that it ends up 4-1 or maybe even 5-1.

Reaction Score
I've seen Mayweather "fight" several times now.

In his last 10, he's won 10 times. Eight times, including the last 5, it's gone 12 rounds, with mixed split, majority, and unanimous decisions.

In Pacs last 9 fights or so he's gone the distance all but one time, with mixed split, majority, and unanimous decisions.

I boldly predict that this fight is going to go 12 rounds. It's going to be Mayweather backing up and showing "great boxing skills" and "counterpunching" for 12 rounds, after which he'll be given a decision. Pac will chase him because he knows he's only going to win if he gets the KO.

Mayweather is all that is wrong with boxing. Anybody wondering why boxing is a dying sport needs to drink about 20 red bulls and watch the last 10 Mayweather fights.

Reaction Score
Mayweather will likely win a 12 round decision, but he's far from "all that is wrong with boxing." Boxing has plenty of problems without Floyd Mayweather. Some people like to watch a technical master do his thing - it's not the most exciting thing in the world for a casual viewer, but the kid can box. And the fact that he's got a style that doesn't appeal to the masses is not high at the top of the list of problems with the sport.

I'll probably buy it, on the off chance that something exciting happens, and then be disappointed. As happens pretty much every time I order a fight.

Reaction Score
Some people like to watch a technical master do his thing
Point taken.
I guess it's a question of what the point is.
Is the point to knock the other guy out, or to get more points?

Boxing and baseball are in the same spot. If they want to appeal to the marginal viewer, which needs to be the goal if finances matter, then they need to change the rules.

Baseball is virtually unwatchable, outside of the playoffs, in today's world for most people. Pitch clock.
Boxing needs to reward aggression, meaningful punches, and ring control, not "strikes landed," when 85% of the ones I saw Mayweather land in one fight were slaps that did little or no damage.

Reaction Score
No question if you're looking for blood and guts and a knockout Mayweather is not your guy. I think he's a pretty remarkable fighter and I enjoy watching him do his thing, but I agree, your general viewing audience is going to find him boring as all hell. People want to see Morales-Barrera (still my favorite trilogy), Ward-Gatti, etc.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
So the fight is just 5 days away. Everything is over the top on this one regarding $. Ticket prices for the few that were publicly available were just absurd. It will be $99 for HD Pay Per View, and they are charging $10/ticket for the Friday weigh in. Hopefully the fight isn't a letdown. My heart says Pacquiao, but my head is saying Mayweather by decision..... I see it going all 12 rounds.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So where are some good places to watch the fight? Looking forward to watching it with a couple of buds, Ill be rooting for Pacman but I would be SHOCKED if Mayweather doesn't win. Pacquiao better stay aggressive all fight and look for the KO if he wants to win which I dont see happening with Mayweathers defense.

Reaction Score
So where are some good places to watch the fight? Looking forward to watching it with a couple of buds, Ill be rooting for Pacman but I would be SHOCKED if Mayweather doesn't win. Pacquiao better stay aggressive all fight and look for the KO if he wants to win which I dont see happening with Mayweathers defense.
Chi Sams in Cromwell and Hooters on the Berlin T-Pike if you're in the Hartford area or Mohegan is selling 35$ viewing tix with an open bar.

Reaction Score
Chi Sams in Cromwell and Hooters on the Berlin T-Pike if you're in the Hartford area or Mohegan is selling 35$ viewing tix with an open bar.
Most of these places have a $20 cover fee correct?

Reaction Score
Bow n Arrow Bar @ The Mohegan Sun, is showing the Fight.
They have a HUGE TV in front of the Bar and many small tables behind the Bar.
I'll be there with my Brother.
anyone else going there?

Reaction Score
Van Diemens (UConn NYC bar) is charging $30 cover. Anyone else in the city know of a better deal? It probably doesn't matter since my bar tab will be astronomical.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For $100, you can sit on my back deck and watch through the glass doors.

There's a grill out there - you can feed yourself.

Reaction Score
For $100, you can sit on my back deck and watch through the glass doors.

There's a grill out there - you can feed yourself.

I'll be there. How far are you from Arlington HS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom