OT: Boeheim's pretty lucky | The Boneyard

OT: Boeheim's pretty lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
WOW that's huge. We are going to get into the "fine"r details now. Woah boy.

Reaction Score
Not so lucky actually. State Supreme court ruled that the Davis defamation suit against Boeheim will now go to trial.

When it rains...

I'm surprised it's gotten this far. If Boeheim legitimately believed they were lying (and that still may be the case), isn't that a pretty ironclad defense against defamation? I'm no big city lawyer, but that's my understanding.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised it's gotten this far. If Boeheim legitimately believed they were lying (and that still may be the case), isn't that a pretty ironclad defense against defamation? I'm no big city lawyer, but that's my understanding.

First, I can't see how anyone could conclude they were lying. The DA said that if not for the statute of limitations, Fine would have been indicted. The audiotape recording is the smoking gun. Second, Boeheim impugned them by saying they were lying for the money. Oddly, most people believe they are just liars doing it for the money. After listening to the tape, I don't think they are liars. Whether or not they are doing it for the money is irrelevant to me. However, Boeheim did apologize. He spoke without listening to the tape. The tape was available but he elected not to listen to it before impugning them. I think this may give Boeheim an out legally. But I have to wonder if Boeheim and Syracuse showed the same lack of interest when Davis originally made the same claims 5 years earlier.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Pretty lucky? Take a peek at his wife. How did the ugliest guy this side Herman Munster land her?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Pretty lucky? Take a peek at his wife. How did the ugliest guy this side Herman Munster land her?

Boeheim.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline