OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 39 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
8893 said:
What, no more Gumby's?

God that was just vile pizza, ( and Also the best pizza ever.........after about 40 bong hits and a rack of milwaukees best

Reaction Score
For any students at UConn that haven't done so already... stop ordering Sgt. Pep's and switch to Randy's.

Sgt. Peps was incredible for slices after the Pub closed... What's the Civic Pub called now?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
So who wants to go through the 29 pages of this thread, count the number of times a places is mentioned, sort in descending order, cut the top 10, and post a poll?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would be shocked if it was still there. It was mid-to-late 80s and it was terrible. As described by my housemate, "A blistering plasticy disc with acid sauce."

Luxury. When I was there we had Pesaro's. The crust was akin to a moist Sham-wow and the toppings had the look and taste of minced pencil eraser.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Oo better idea. 4 words:

Bone
Yard
Pizza
Crawl

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
So who wants to go through the 29 pages of this thread, count the number of times a places is mentioned, sort in descending order, cut the top 10, and post a poll?
Not me. I would like to reiterate that Domenic's and Vinnie's is so good. (had some last night and cold this morning as a reminder.) Has to be #1.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I would be shocked if it was still there. It was mid-to-late 80s and it was terrible. As described by my housemate, "A blistering plasticy disc with acid sauce."
They changed their name to Dominos.

Reaction Score
If you said this in a meeting its equivalent to volunteering yourself.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If there is a state that comes in 3rd place, I would guess it is N.J. CT, NY & NJ are the 3 most Italian states.

Reaction Score
If we started a "OT:Best Pizza in WesMass" thread it would end like this:

Reaction Score
If there is a state that comes in 3rd place, I would guess it is N.J. CT, NY & NJ are the 3 most Italian states.
Rhode Island is very Italian but their pizza sucks.

Reaction Score
Rhode Island is, in fact, the most Italian state in the country by percentage.

As far as their pizza goes, it's like anything else, you gotta know where to look and it's a matter of taste. Some of the more hallowed New Haven pizza spots are, in my personal estimation, trash.

Reaction Score
Rhode Island is, in fact, the most Italian state in the country by percentage.

As far as their pizza goes, it's like anything else, you gotta know where to look and it's a matter of taste. Some of the more hallowed New Haven pizza spots are, in my personal estimation, trash.
I lived in Rhode Island but haven't had pizza there in years, back then I went to most of the places people said were the best and never had anything that would pass as good in CT. I remember my girl taking me to Caserta's on Federal Hill telling me it's the best pizza you'll ever have and it was just bad. Great state with great food in and around Providence but pizza was not their thing, maybe that's changed with new places popping up. Went to Pepe's last time I visited CT. and it was just as good as I remembered, much better than anything out here in Chicago, tried the Pepe's offshoots a couple of years ago and they weren't close to as good as the original. CT. is definitely the pizza state in my opinion with NY and then Jersey, for some reason Mass and Rhode Island never got the pizza thing like it's neighbors.

Reaction Score
I lived in Rhode Island but haven't had pizza there in years, back then I went to most of the places people said were the best and never had anything that would pass as good in CT. I remember my girl taking me to Caserta's on Federal Hill telling me it's the best pizza you'll ever have and it was just bad. Great state with great food in and around Providence but pizza was not their thing, maybe that's changed with new places popping up. Went to Pepe's last time I visited CT. and it was just as good as I remembered, much better than anything out here in Chicago, tried the Pepe's offshoots a couple of years ago and they weren't close to as good as the original. CT. is definitely the pizza state in my opinion with NY and then Jersey, for some reason Mass and Rhode Island never got the pizza thing like it's neighbors.

There's some decent pizza in the Philly area too.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Someone needs to go through this thread and compile the results with charts and tables and things. If anyone takes that on, please post the results in a new thread cause there's no way anyone would find it in this hot mess.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
jleves said:
Someone needs to go through this thread and compile the results with charts and tables and things. If anyone takes that on, please post the results in a new thread cause there's no way anyone would find it in this hot mess.
Did anyone mention Bufalina?

Reaction Score
Luxury. When I was there we had Pesaro's. The crust was akin to a moist Sham-wow and the toppings had the look and taste of minced pencil eraser.

Ah yes, I certainly remember Pesaro's. Bad, bad, pizza, but their one saving grace was that they delivered to the dorms. I used to joke that they could slide it under the door and it wouldn't affect the taste or the look. I think they went out of business in the early to mid 80's.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
http://www.niaf.org/culture/statistics/states-with-the-highest-population -of-italian-americans/

NY & NJ have over a million Italian-Americans and a pretty high percentage.
CT has over 634,000 of us, but at a higher percentage (18.6%)
RI has less than 200,000 Italian-Americans but it is 19% of their population.

Big Ern is right. RI's percentage is 0.4% higher than CT's even with less than 1/3 of the Italian-Americans of CT.
But big Ern seems to not have a clue as to what great pizza tastes like. Every poll, rating, book on pizza puts Wooster Street at or near the top.

Reaction Score
http://www.niaf.org/culture/statistics/states-with-the-highest-population -of-italian-americans/

NY & NJ have over a million Italian-Americans and a pretty high percentage.
CT has over 634,000 of us, but at a higher percentage (18.6%)
RI has less than 200,000 Italian-Americans but it is 19% of their population.

Big Ern is right. RI's percentage is 0.4% higher than CT's even with less than 1/3 of the Italian-Americans of CT.
But big Ern seems to not have a clue as to what great pizza tastes like. Every poll, rating, book on pizza puts Wooster Street at or near the top.
I have never been to the NH pizza places but when a Clam Pizza is named the best pizza I say who eats clam pizzas? It may be good but to compare it to pizza statewide? Geez..who has the best pepperoni pizza? Who makes the best bread less clam pizza with a little milk and potato added? hehe

Reaction Score
I have never been to the NH pizza places but when a Clam Pizza is named the best pizza I say who eats clam pizzas? It may be good but to compare it to pizza statewide? Geez..who has the best pepperoni pizza? Who makes the best bread less clam pizza

I agree just give me mozzy, or pepperoni, or a combo of those with shrooms.......clams?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom