OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 35 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
We changed our minds.

Does anyone know where we can get a pretty good, but not exceptional lobster roll?
lobster-roll2-1024x792.jpg

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
We changed our minds.

Does anyone know where we can get a pretty good, but not exceptional lobster roll?
Aaron Manor Convalescent Home in Chester. The only problem is you have to either be a resident about to be discharged or somehow be connected to one who doesn't care for lobster rolls.

Reaction Score
I'm boycotting lobster rolls for good, I refuse to pay $20 when you can buy lobster for so cheap these days, sick of these lobster thieves.

Reaction Score
It's not that I wouldn't appreciate the finest pizza in Connecticut, it's just that I don't feel up to the pressure that comes with having the finest pizza in Connecticut.

No, the second-best will do nicely.

Thanks.
So you're looking for a Kentucky style pizza?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm boycotting lobster rolls for good, I refuse to pay $20 when you can buy lobster for so cheap these days, sick of these lobster thieves.
Not doubt lobster has been running a cheap streak these past few years and we've been taking advantage of it at home; yet the restaurant prices still haven't come down, so I won't order it out.

But I will and do gladly pay $16 time and time again for the perfection that is the Lobster Landing lobster roll in Clinton. Try and make one like that yourself and let me know how much time and effort it takes.

IMO it's up there with getting your shirts laundered in terms of value for my time and effort. Ever iron a dress shirt? How long does it take you? How much of a PITA is it? Do you ever do it nearly as well as the cleaners? Is that not worth $1.50 to you? That's how I feel about a great lobster roll.

So that one is first; Johnny Ad's in Old Saybrook is second.

Next question Fishy?

Reaction Score
Prediction - This thread will go on for a year and a half with people actually chiming in on what's the second best pizza in CT, and the most "pretty good" lobster roll.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm looking to go out and buy a pizza later, but I don't really want the absolute best.

Thanks.

Here's what you do: Get in your car and drive south until you get to the New York border. Drive through it. Order pizza anywhere in the state.

Oh, wait, you said "second best," not "second rate."

Pepe's then.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I've wanted to start a "Best Asian restaurants in CT" thread for a few weeks now, but I've been waiting for my new throat-guard to arrive.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We changed our minds.

File:Atlantic_Ocean_-_en.png

Atlantic_Ocean_-_en.png

You should be able to find a decent one somewhere in that blue space there.

Reaction Score
Who you got for best Dry Cleaners in the state?

So I feel that my local Simsbury Battitstons is the best dry cleaner. Kathy, Linda and the crew treat me like family.....and one complex away is Little City Pizza. Plenty a night, I've gotten my shirts and picked up a pie. Pretty sure I now own this thread.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I've wanted to start a "Best Asian restaurants in CT" thread for a few weeks now, but I've been waiting for my new throat-guard to arrive.
Is that going to include Indian restaurants? This sounds confusing.

Reaction Score
I'm looking to go out and buy a pizza later, but I don't really want the absolute best.

Thanks.

Kirkland Frozen Cheese Pizzas. Take it to the Bank.

Reaction Score
It's not that I wouldn't appreciate the finest pizza in Connecticut, it's just that I don't feel up to the pressure that comes with having the finest pizza in Connecticut.

No, the second-best will do nicely.

Thanks.
Pepe's on rte 7 in Danbury is pretty good , for a spinoff .
I heard Grimaldi has a new store in woodbrige

Reaction Score
Pepe's on rte 7 in Danbury is pretty good , for a spinoff .
I heard Grimaldi has a new store in woodbrige
Tried Grimaldi's this week. Will not pass for second best. First off the pie was not fully cooked. Had to pop it in the oven. But we should start a thread on the best pizza. I think that one would have legs

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
We changed our minds. Does anyone know where we can get a pretty good, but not exceptional lobster roll?

Yeah travel out of CT get to Maine, New Hampshire or mass where the put an abomination like mayonnaise on it and serve it cold.

I promise you will be underwhelmed with your lobster salad sandwich posing as a lobster roll. It should suit your needs just fine.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
8893 said:
I'm ready for that one, I pretty much live in noodle houses, ( York St noodle house coconut curry soup for the win) Thai joints and Indian places. Most of the time I'm eating out is before gigs and Asian stuff doesn't make me too lethargic before playing. Plus I'm a sucker for VERY spicy food, and Asians do that stuff right. Start it up!

Reaction Score
Here's what you do: Get in your car and drive south until you get to the New York border. Drive through it. Order pizza anywhere in the state.

Oh, wait, you said "second best," not "second rate."

Pepe's then.
Grimaldi's of Brooklyn just opened in Woodbrige
Tried Grimaldi's this week. Will not pass for second best. First off the pie was not fully cooked. Had to pop it in the oven. But we should start a thread on the best pizza. I think that one would have legs
Actually their San Tan Village (Gilbert AZ )place is about the Best around here. There has to be a break in period for a new Pizza place. Wait a year and go back.
Their bruschetta pie , if you can get them to make it ,is pretty good.
The management knows We're Connecticut pizza snobs , and will make any pie we ask for.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm ready for that one, I pretty much live in noodle houses, ( York St noodle house coconut curry soup for the win) Thai joints and Indian places. Most of the time I'm eating out is before gigs and Asian stuff doesn't make me too lethargic before playing. Plus I'm a sucker for VERY spicy food, and Asians do that stuff right. Start it up!
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Spicy Asian (not Indian; for that there's Thali and then all the other standard places). What you got? Best I've had is the Terrace in Hamden, but it ain't cheap. I'm looking for something that comes close to that in terms of heat with flavor; I don't expect to find that level elsewhere because she is really at another level, combining Southern Thai heat and flavors with French training and preparation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom