OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 34 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
New York Times just gave Buffalina (Guilford) their highest review. 8893 is really on to something

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/13/nyregion/a-review-of-bufalina-in-guilford.html?_r=0

I've had buffulina about 6 times. Pricy tiny pies that are very good but it's just not apizza. It's like an artisan specialty pie. Also just some advice for anyone planning on going there. . It very small and you must have reservations, from what I understand they are pretty back up with reservations, and it only sits about 10-15 people with bar like seating. It is byob also. Since there is limited seating ordering out is the best option

I judge every pizza place by a mozzarella pizza if you can't make a damn good mozzarella pizza you can't make pies. Modern pepes and Sally are the top 3. Use to always tout Sally but lately I've been frequenting modern

Reaction Score
Not sure if it has been mentioned here but Marco's in Branford has an excellent thin crust pizza

That's my go to when I am in Branford. Someone told me the owner worked at one of the big 3 in New haven before starting his own

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've had buffulina about 6 times. Pricy tiny pies that are very good but it's just not apizza. It's like an artisan specialty pie. Also just some advice for anyone planning on going there. . It very small and you must have reservations, from what I understand they are pretty back up with reservations, and it only sits about 10-15 people with bar like seating. It is byob also. Since there is limited seating ordering out is the best option

Bufalina is Napoletana apizza, but not necessarily New Haven style. The toppings are more traditional Italian ingredients than the Americanized versions of apizza. It is more like what I had in Italy than New Haven apizza is. They make only smalls because those cook the best in those ovens. I do not recommend take-out because I don't think thin crust pizza travels well generally. But reservations are definitely recommended. Weather permitting, they also have an outdoor seating area that is first come, first served. The BYOB is a huge plus imo.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Grand Apizza opened in Madison on Monday. Same people as Clinton, which is very good. Just trying the pie(s) from Madison for the first time and it is also very solid. Light years better than Village Pizza, which it replaced (after the fire). Instantly ready to declare it the best pizza in Madison; it will definitely be our go-to pizza place in town, as well as for take-out. Good people too.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Grand Apizza opened in Madison on Monday. Same people as Clinton, which is very good. Just trying the pie(s) from Madison for the first time and it is also very solid. Light years better than Village Pizza, which it replaced (after the fire). Instantly ready to declare it the best pizza in Madison; it will definitely be our go-to pizza place in town, as well as for take-out. Good people too.

I'm not a big fan of the Red Tomato either. Lots of folks love it for some reason

Reaction Score
We've covered a lot of ground on Italian pizza and Greek pizza, what about Turkish pizza?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's not that I wouldn't appreciate the finest pizza in Connecticut, it's just that I don't feel up to the pressure that comes with having the finest pizza in Connecticut.

No, the second-best will do nicely.

Thanks.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
See my thread, where you can apparently take a short bus to Atlanta. Then head to Gainsville with a bunch of fans. The place is called Chompers pizza.

Reaction Score
Chuck e cheese off the berlin turnpike in the same plaza as radio shack is by far the second best pizza I've had in the state. They use real tomato ketchup

Reaction Score
This is the guy to ask if we could only recruit him to the BY. I would put a substantial bet on this guy knowing who has the 2nd best pizza in every state in the country. He would be a great addition to the Boneyard no doubt. :)

Reaction Score
It's not that I wouldn't appreciate the finest pizza in Connecticut, it's just that I don't feel up to the pressure that comes with having the finest pizza in Connecticut.

No, the second-best will do nicely.

Thanks.
It's understandable , you've had a tough week. The football team made some football plays the other night. That will completely throw one off balance. You've earned a break, second best for you.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm looking to go out and buy a pizza later, but I don't really want the absolute best.

Thanks.

I know you said "buy," but you could probably slip into any one of a number of places mentioned in the other thread and grab some crusts from departed diners before the table gets cleared for the next group. At room temperature, I think you'd be in the fat middle of "second best." Report back.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Tollis Apizza in East Haven is one step below Pepe's and Sals.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Calfornia Kitchen Margherita Pizza in any Big Y freezer.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If it can't be the best, by definition it would have to be east of the river.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Testo's in Bridgeport .
Michaelangelos in West haven , next to Yale Bowl.
= both of these places are solid three star recruits/ four year players.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We changed our minds.

Does anyone know where we can get a pretty good, but not exceptional lobster roll?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom