OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 20 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Didn't they leave town without paying their bills?

Reaction Score
OMG!!!!!! I am one of those that has dreamed about Corky's pizza ever since they closed!!! And since I have moved to CA 23 years ago. I jones for REAL pizza all the time!!! The crap that make out here is awful!!! I make do with Frank Pepe's when I come back to CT to visit, but its still Corky's that I dream about!!! Oh how I wish I could do the trip to the FF and a visit or three to Corky's!!!!

Reaction Score
God I was hoping it was Arlington VA. Pizza around here really sucks and anything not terrible is stupid expensive.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
God I miss that pizza. The cornmeal on the bottom of the pie it what I remember most about that pizza.

Reaction Score
I know it's not CT but I had a Chicago deep dish from Giordano's this week while there on business. Meh. Just not my speed. I guess I'm spoiled by the New Haven style pie and it was hard to even consider what I ate as a "pizza". It was more like an open faced calzone.

Glad I had it but wouldn't rush anytime soon for another one.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I know it's not CT but I had a Chicago deep dish from Giordano's this week while there on business. Meh. Just not my speed. I guess I'm spoiled by the New Haven style pie and it was hard to even consider what I ate as a "pizza". It was more like an open faced calzone.

Your comment reminds me a lot of this Jon Stewart Chicago pizza rant:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
We've had pizza from this place called Domino's.

Not exactly sure where it is, but I think it's owned by some Italian guy or something.

I'm just kidding - if you want the best pizza in Connecticut, you just head towards New Haven. And then keep driving through New Haven and don't stop until you're in New York.

Then buy pizza anywhere, get back in the car, cross the Connecticut border and eat your pizza wherever.
you are crazy! :)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Deepster said:
I know it's not CT but I had a Chicago deep dish from Giordano's this week while there on business. Meh. Just not my speed. I guess I'm spoiled by the New Haven style pie and it was hard to even consider what I ate as a "pizza". It was more like an open faced calzone. Glad I had it but wouldn't rush anytime soon for another one.
Dude, that's a casserole not pizza. I like it at times but it's not pizza. Any answer in this thread that doesn't have a Wooster st address is the wrong answer. It's pepes for the white clam And Sally's for the tomato pie I'll accept modern too but there is no reason to go anywhere else

As a matter of fact I'm digging into one during set break right now.
4lMDlzT.jpg

Last edited:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We actually had lunch at Corky's the day of the championship game and it was damn good. Definitely the best CT style pizza I've ever seen outside of the state.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

I have Giordano's shipped to my house for parties. It's clearly a different beast than east coast pizza but god dam it's good.

August_West

Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted.

http://ctboom.com/frank-pepes-pizza-closing-doors-89-years/

"The Original Frank Pepe’s Pizzeria Napoletana announced yesterday that they will be closing down all locations in Connecticut next month after “location expansions have caused too much financial strain”."

That was an April fools joke

In the two seconds between reading the first post and reading the second I almost fainted. Seriously. It was one of those "uh-oh, here comes a paradigm shift" feelings. Phew!

Reaction Score
That was an April fools joke
Pepe's is coming to Boston so I knew that wasn't real. Supposedly looking in Brookline first and then they'll expand from there. My family is very happy that we won't have to drive to CT just to get good pizza any more. And maybe this will finally force some places around here to make similarly good pizza.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Pepe's is coming to Boston so I knew that wasn't real. Supposedly looking in Brookline first and then they'll expand from there. My family is very happy that we won't have to drive to CT just to get good pizza any more. And maybe this will finally force some places around here to make similarly good pizza.

Definitely not trying to rain on your parade, but it won't be as good as the New Haven place, if previous form holds. Manchester Pepe's < New Haven Pepe's imo. Could be in my imagination of course.

That said, you won't find anything better around there, so you'll be loving that. And you don't have to drive. So yes, it's a win.

August_West

Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
Definitely not trying to rain on your parade, but it won't be as good as the New Haven place, if previous form holds. Manchester Pepe's < New Haven Pepe's imo. Could be in my imagination of course. That said, you won't find anything better around there, so you'll be loving that. And you don't have to drive. So yes, it's a win.

Truth that the satellites aren't as good as original. I've eaten at a couple. Mohegan sun pepes and Fairfield county pepes. Not the same. Don't know what it is ( has to be 100 year old brick oven I guess?) still awesome ah-beets though and better than any other option.

Reaction Score
The best pizza is Greek style pizza. Anyone remember Rialto Pizza in New London? It was the best. Marblehead House in MA is also awesome. All the rest--Pepe's etal --are pretenders. Of course that's just my opinion. But I'm right!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom