OT: Best BBQ in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Best BBQ in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Love me some good ribs or a pulled pork...

Dinosaur BBQ in Stamford is really good.

And honestly, Chili's baby back ribs are always solid.

Where's everyone's favorite place for some BBQ?!

Reaction Score
Bobby'Qs in Westport is pretty good.

But after going to several place in Texas like Salt Lick and Louie Mullers, nothing I've had in CT comes close.

Reaction Score
Never been to Dinosaur CT, but up here in UNY where Dinosaur started, I've eaten there with a guy who co-owns a well-known BBQ joint in Carolina, and he thought it was top notch, better than most down south. I love E. NC BBQ but this goes to show, it's not that hard to make. In NYC, my favorite is Blue Smoke.

Reaction Score
Black Eyed Sally's in Hartford and Nat Hayden's in Windsor. We are so deprived of BBQ places in CT that I don't even know if they are good but I have had good experiences at both.

Reaction Score
My family is from Houston, so the lack of good BBQ in CT is a sticking point for us. Bobby Q's in Westport as other have said is solid all around. Also, a friend turned me on to Smokin' With Chris in Southington. Banc House in Norwalk has really good BBQ, but all of the sides we tried (at least half of their offerings) were pretty awful.

As far as overrated places.... Wilson's BBQ in Fairfield. I'm not sure who the owner knew to get that place on the Food Network, but outside of a chain restaurant, it's the worst BBQ I've ever had. The meat is dry, the sides are terrible, and the service is awful. We were really excited when a BBQ place opened in our town, but now I'm just not sure how it's still open.

Reaction Score
The Rib House in East Haven CT, years ago they had the best ribs. Haven't been in a few years but last time they were not as good.

Reaction Score
The Cookhouse in New Milford is the best I have had in CT. I live in NC now and there is some good BBQ here but I don't care for the eastern stuff. The sauce is almost pure vinegar. There is some good meat and tomato based sauces here but you can't beat Memphis.

Reaction Score
Dinosaur makes anything in CT look like hell.............we really don't have BBQ around here!

Reaction Score
The place that was attached to the Harley Davidson dealership in East Hartford used to be pretty good but I think they closed their doors a few years ago

Reaction Score
Chester's in Groton. Excellent brisket. I usually don't like Eastern NC barbeque, but his is very good.We only tried the Cookhouse in East hartford when it was there and we were disappointed. Maybe the hype was too much.

Reaction Score
Nat Hayden's in Windsor is legit, and not just the BBQ...the sides are really good too.

Reaction Score
And just over the border in Sturbridge there's a crazy good place but can't remember the name

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
There is a Texas-style place in Farmington that's pretty good with the meat, but the sides need work. But it's all about the meat anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Chili's? Seriously???

I know, right?!

Can you get McRibs in Connecticut? If so, that's my pick.

I think there is a McDonald's off of 84 at exit 32 if anyone is trying to find one.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There is a Texas-style place in Farmington that's pretty good with the meat, but the sides need work. But it's all about the meat anyway.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's Flaggsted's. It's pretty good as is Nat Hayden's. Little Mark's puts out a nice brisket sandwich. I like 'em all, maybe not the best I've ever had but I enjoy it plenty. I love going to Black Eyed Sally's, getting a meal and listening to the music, but the cajun is better than their BBQ to me. Their gumbo is awesome.

Reaction Score
That's Flaggsted's. It's pretty good as is Nat Hayden's. Little Mark's puts out a nice brisket sandwich. I like 'em all, maybe not the best I've ever had but I enjoy it plenty. I love going to Black Eyed Sally's, getting a meal and listening to the music, but the cajun is better than their BBQ to me. Their gumbo is awesome.

Flaggsted's brisket is the best I've had in a restaurant in CT and I agree the sides need help.
I find Nat Hayden's to have nothing that stands out. Sides, sauce, brisket, ribs, chicken, atmosphere. It's all middle of the road.

Reaction Score
Chester's in Groton. Excellent brisket. I usually don't like Eastern NC barbeque, but his is very good.We only tried the Cookhouse in East hartford when it was there and we were disappointed. Maybe the hype was too much.
Suzy,
The Bayou Smokehouse in Groton is recent. They moved from a small palce in Westerly RI wich I remember to be pretty good. Its just north of Chester's on Rte 12 heading toward the sub base in front of the Kohl's/Stop&Shop parking lot.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The Cookhouse in New Milford is OK. Same company that used to be next to Gengras in East Hartford. I'd rate it a cut above Little Mike's.

http://thecookhouse.com/index.htm

Hartford area BBQ can be interesting in Summer with the Churches doing the Sunday Fundraisers. It's closer to real Southern BBQ with chicken, beans, cornbread, etc. It's gotta be greasy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom