OT: Baseball HOF Announcement at 2 Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Baseball HOF Announcement at 2 Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All this coming from a guy that went 52-52 before 30 and 164-94 after. Everyone playing in that ERA should be questioned, doesn't matter who.
I agree that Schilling shouldn't be in the HOF but if the criteria is only going to be stats why bother having a voting process at all.

Reaction Score
All this coming from a guy that went 52-52 before 30 and 164-94 after. Everyone playing in that ERA should be questioned, doesn't matter who.

This is the kind of rampant silliness that makes one cringe. Pointing out win/loss record.....of a pitcher.....as reason for suspicion?
Holy hell man, he had shoulder surgery in his 20's, and played on some AWFUL teams. And he had career lows in whip, era, and hits/ip at age 25. Perfect example of amateur armchair, self appointed detectives coming to nonsensical conclusions.

Reaction Score
I guess I'm in the minority of people who has no issue with no one getting in this year. The writers have long held the first ballot hall of famer sacred. None of this years guys were deserving. I also have no issue with the "moral" component keeping players out. Bonds and Roger were hall of famers , then they cheated, now they're not. I find that perfectly fine. I also find little issue with writers attempting to ascertain for themselves whether a guy cheated or not. What else are they supposed to do? Some guys are more obvious than others, doesn't mean it's not a consideration. These players did this to themselves. The HOF is a privilege, not a right. Privileges are removed for bad behavior, even my 3 year old understands that. Of course he's quite a bit brighter than some of the players in question.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Correction: Piazza was one of the better hitting players who played the catching position. He was a horrible catcher.

Correction: Piazza was horrible at throwing out base stealers. He was a pretty good defensive catcher in every other aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom