OT Autograph collectors | The Boneyard

OT Autograph collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking for advice on where to try to sell an autograph collection.

I went down to a pre-season practice for the New York Giants in 1986 and the morning session was rained out.
That was bad and good.

The players had nothing to do in the morning, so as we were walking around, I got 40 autographs.
Phil Simms, Joe Morris, Leonard Marshall, L.T., Bill Parcells, Karl Nelson, Carl Banks, Al Haji-Sheikh, Mark Bavaro, Pepper Johnson, George Martin, Jim Burt, Phil McConkey, and a bunch more, including guys that did not make the team.

All the autographs are on spiral bound notepad, 3 1/2 x 5".

I'm trying to figure out where to go to see what they are worth, and try to sell them.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Autographs of all the people you mentioned are not worth much. Also depends on whether you have multiple autos on an item or they are singularly autographed.

Ebay is LOADED with autographed items. May want to check there and compare.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have a mini-basketball that someone gave me that has Lew Perkins signature on it.

I have it insured for $25,000 - should I up that?

Reaction Score
Hate to say this, but if it's on a notepad, you're better off passing it down to your great-great great-grandkids and hoping all other autographed items get destroyed.

There's a Bobby Hull auto on a piece of paper from a notepad on ebay for $20. And hockey fans are generally more affluent than football fans.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have a mini-basketball that someone gave me that has Lew Perkins signature on it.

I have it insured for $25,000 - should I up that?

No. You should leave it on your porch wrapped in $20 bills the next time you go on vacation.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Honestly find a Giants fan locally... try to sell it to them. I doubt you'd find much of a market online, etc.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Looking for advice on where to try to sell an autograph collection.

I went down to a pre-season practice for the New York Giants in 1986 and the morning session was rained out.
That was bad and good.

The players had nothing to do in the morning, so as we were walking around, I got 40 autographs.
Phil Simms, Joe Morris, Leonard Marshall, L.T., Bill Parcells, Karl Nelson, Carl Banks, Al Haji-Sheikh, Mark Bavaro, Pepper Johnson, George Martin, Jim Burt, Phil McConkey, and a bunch more, including guys that did not make the team.

All the autographs are on spiral bound notepad, 3 1/2 x 5".

I'm trying to figure out where to go to see what they are worth, and try to sell them.

Anyone have any suggestions.
How much is a 3 1/2 x 5" Notebook worth? I'm not necessarily trying to be facetious, but the only three people worth anything there are Simms, L.T. and Parcells. Those guys haven't passed so their signature is not exactly rare and Simms is not in the Hall of Fame. For the rest of the guys, their signature is only worth something to their families when they endorsed their paycheck.

A Giant Fan interested in History is your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom