OT: Arizona should be better | The Boneyard

OT: Arizona should be better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched them against Xavier and they looked terrible. Lots of highly rated players but they just don't gel. Also a lot of athletes that don't play solid basketball. The point guard reminds me of Craft that was at Ohio state. He plays hard but just isn't all that great. Lots to work with but I expected more.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
In the NCAA tourney...
Matchups can make, or break you. If UofA was slotted in the East region, they'd be final four bound

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Decker is very impressive. Does he remind anyone else of Keith Van Horn?
Only in skin color. Dude's basically the anti-Van Horn: athletic freak, inconsistent shooter. He's basically Jeff Green.

caw

Reaction Score
Watched them against Xavier and they looked terrible. Lots of highly rated players but they just don't gel. Also a lot of athletes that don't play solid basketball. The point guard reminds me of Craft that was at Ohio state. He plays hard but just isn't all that great. Lots to work with but I expected more.

Seems like the title could be said any of the past few years. They should be better, they rarely are. Miller is a fantastic recruiter and a good coach but he underachieves

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Wisconsin to win it all. But if I have to see that poser Cal grad Aaron Rogers rooting on the Badgers in the FF I might throw something through the TV.

Between him and Ashley Judd........

Reaction Score
Seems like the title could be said any of the past few years. They should be better, they rarely are. Miller is a fantastic recruiter and a good coach but he underachieves

Eh, Wisconsin shot 12-18 from three, there's nothing you can do when the other team is lighting it up from three to that degree. He's gotten to the elite eight and lost to some great teams. I don't think it makes him less of a coach.

Reaction Score
And, once again, Sean Miller's team falls (somewhat) short of expectations. Everyone should have seen this coming after Thursday night's game against Xavier.

Look at how this board flipped a on a regular basis with the team we had this year. Imagine if KO had AZ's squads and never made a Final Four.

caw

Reaction Score
Eh, Wisconsin shot 12-18 from three, there's nothing you can do when the other team is lighting it up from three to that degree. He's gotten to the elite eight and lost to some great teams. I don't think it makes him less of a coach.

That's true to a point, but I never thought he was a great game coach. And he recruits at probably the second highest level (to UK) in college basketball.

Reaction Score
And, once again, Sean Miller's team falls (somewhat) short of expectations. Everyone should have seen this coming after Thursday night's game against Xavier.

Look at how this board flipped a on a regular basis with the team we had this year. Imagine if KO had AZ's squads and never made a Final Four.
anyone who does not think Sean Miller is a very good coach is an idiot.

Sean Miller has had 1 team lose to a seed worse than his in the tournament in his entire career, and that was last year losing as a 1 to the 2 seed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Arizona was a #2 seed who lost in the Elite Eight to the #1 seed. He didn't fall short of expectations this year.

Reaction Score

A lot of people probably thought that about Calhoun before 1999. Miller needs one of his teams to get over the hump and finally get to the Final Four, and then it will get easier to get back.

Thank God the wide-open 3 didn't go for Miller's 2011 team. :)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In the NCAA tourney...
Matchups can make, or break you. If UofA was slotted in the East region, they'd be final four bound

Wisconsin was 12-18 from 3. Pretty much nothing you can do about that.

caw

Reaction Score
A lot of people probably thought that about Calhoun before 1999. Miller needs one of his teams to get over the hump and finally get to the Final Four, and then it will get easier to get back.

Thank God the wide-open 3 didn't go for Miller's 2011 team. :)

Calhoun had how many McDAAs before he won it all?

Miller is a fantastic recruiter, very good at prepping his players for a game but is relatively only good at in-game adjustments.

Edit: mediocre was going to far negative

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That Dekker kid was unconscious, that wasn't on miller. Too bad though, thought they had the best front court depth to match up against Kentucky.

Reaction Score
If you watched Arizona all year this thread would not be made
No I meant what I said. I actually like miller but his teams have been kinda under performing. Tj McConnell.....May be spelled wrong.... Did not make
good decisions in any of the games I watched. His shot is awkward. I like gabe York and Stanley Johnson. Everyone else is over rated, but still have time to get better if they don't do what Arizona players do......leave to soon.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

With the talent he has had his record in the tournament is not good at all
This team is a write in for sweet sixteen but can't get that much further

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member