OT: Another Women's sport that REALLY has no parity | The Boneyard

OT: Another Women's sport that REALLY has no parity

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So Switzerland just won the Olympic bronze in women's hockey after being outscored 18-3 and going 0-3 in their opening qualifying round robin bracket. Because they were guaranteed a place in the medal rounds, all they needed was a win over Russia in their first game of the medal round, then after a loss to Canada, a win over Sweden today for the medal. Seems weird that a team that the US beat 9-0 in the inital game and that went 2-4 should be medaling.

Next time anyone complains about parity in the WCBB ..... ...... ......

Reaction Score
Yes, great point I was thinking exactly the same thing.... USA and Canada are UConn and ND...... and everyone else is an also-ran

I can remember a while back when USA and Canada were just like the Switz of today.... It takes time to lift all boats to use half a metaphor

And I will continue to (if not complain, then) grouse about the lack of parity in WCBB... love the game but come on, all teams but the top 2.... but don't develop too fast, I want Geno to get his 10 or 11

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I've been watching baseball a long time. I don't recall a team winning a World Series that didn't lose at least 50 times during the season.

Does anybody even try to compete against the Pakistani men in field hockey?

Reaction Score
I've been watching baseball a long time. I don't recall a team winning a World Series that didn't lose at least 50 times during the season.

Yankees won 114 games in 1998 and since they only play 162 games, that means they lost less than 50 games, like maybe 48 games.

Reaction Score

Though I may have missed a rhetorical question or metaphor here, the nations of the subcontinent haven't won an Olympic medal in field hockey since 1992 (bronze) and haven't won it all since 1984. Western nations dominate the sport now, mostly European ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom