OT: A Couple Little Reminders. | The Boneyard

OT: A Couple Little Reminders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
First, mind your T's. Summitt and Elliott.

Next, a little espect for Ekmark (no "c") and Muffet (one "t").

One freshman, two or more freshmen.

Finally, I have noticed frequent recent uncertainty about whether to use complimentary or complementary. The one with an "i" in the middle suggests praise. The other one ("e" in the middle) indicates support. One might reminisce and describe Ann Strother as a player whose skills complemented Diana's. Or you could compliment Lou for her steady improvement.;)

Good luck. GO HUSKIES!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Indeed, the seasoning complements curry. It would be weird for inanimate spices to pay the curry a compliment.

Of course, if something is free, isn't it made available "with our compliments"? Of course, I was at a francophone restaurant in Montreal once, where the waiter handed me a complimentary drink that he characterized as "sur la maison", or literally "on the house". I found that quite amusing, plus the drink complemented my evening out with my late, beloved mother.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Of course, if something is free, isn't it made available "with our compliments"? . . . or literally "on the house".

Good point. Like getting a complimentary ticket for a UConn game. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I knew the ND coach has only one "t" in her name, but I thought it was Muppet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom