Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Headline in the New York Times Web edition this afternoon:

A.C.C. to Hold Tournament at Barclays in 2017 and 2018

Reaction Score
Wow! Never saw that coming or contemplated the possibility. A nice move by the ACC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow! Never saw that coming or contemplated the possibility. A nice move by the ACC.

There have been rumors of this being in the works for a while...... its definitely the buzz in the city right now. Dont get me wrong, I love it when the ACC tourney is here in town... but its great that they are going to NYC in 2017-18. I would like to see a rotation of Greensboro, Charlotte, NYC, Atlanta.... with maybe sites like Miami, DC, Pittsburgh every now and then.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There have been rumors of this being in the works for a while. its definitely the buzz in the city right now. Dont get me wrong, I love it when the ACC tourney is here in town... but its great that they are going to NYC in 2017-18. I would like to see a rotation of Greensboro, Charlotte, NYC, Atlanta.... with maybe sites like Miami, DC, Pittsburgh every now and then.
Back to my discussion of tournament locations from the AAC venue thread - the disadvantage to Brooklyn is that my guess is people will be staying all over the city and showing up for the games only - the venue itself should be great with great crowds but the revelers will be lost across the big city as soon as the games end.
I suspect with three NC schools and distances to some of the other schools not too great, the NC locations have been the best over the years?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Is there a local school?
Syracuse *thinks* they're New York's school.

I love the Barclay's Center. I traveled to NYC to see a South Carolina game last season and facility was awesome. Still…it's in Brooklyn and not in Manhattan. I spent 2 nights in Brooklyn and then spent the rest of my vacation in Manhattan. If I go up for a game at Barclays again, I'll stay in Manhattan for the entire trip and just deal with a longer subway ride to go to the game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Back to my discussion of tournament locations from the AAC venue thread - the disadvantage to Brooklyn is that my guess is people will be staying all over the city and showing up for the games only - the venue itself should be great with great crowds but the revelers will be lost across the big city as soon as the games end.
I suspect with three NC schools and distances to some of the other schools not too great, the NC locations have been the best over the years?

:confused: Who are you leaving out ? :D Well previous to Maryland leaving the conference.... 9 schools were within a 4.5/5 hour drive from Greensboro...... 5 within 2 hours.

Reaction Score
The Barclays Center is located where the new Ebbets Field would have been built if not for bureaucratic pettiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom