OT - 60 Minutes | The Boneyard

OT - 60 Minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
We see most of them. We started taping it because of issues with football games running late and changing the start time of The Amazing Race. Started to watch the shows and found them interesting.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
We see most of them. We started taping it because of issues with football games running late and changing the start time of The Amazing Race. Started to watch the shows and found them interesting.
I agree, during football season I need to adjust my recording time for atleast an hour longer.

the Glasses/Shades report was interesting... one company makes all of them

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I DVR "60 Minutes," as part of a few news shows I record (also DVR "State of the Union" with Candy Crowley on CNN and "The Reid Report" on MSNBC).

Reaction Score
My one "must watch" TV show. Been watching for years and appreciate the benefits provided by programmable DVRs. Never miss a show but as mentioned earlier football games, golf matches, etc can be a problem.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
anyone watched 60 minutes this past sunday? The elderly, aging etc. plus the Pink Panthers

Reaction Score
anyone watched 60 minutes this past sunday? The elderly, aging etc. plus the Pink Panthers
I watched the original broadcast about the elderly. Some interesting stuff, especially the in-depth data they have been able to collect on a large sample of "survivors". Moderate alcohol is good; vitamins are a waste of money.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I watched the original broadcast about the elderly. Some interesting stuff, especially the in-depth data they have been able to collect on a large sample of "survivors". Moderate alcohol is good; vitamins are a waste of money.
yup good info about the vitamins... the memory test were good and do a little exercise

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Yeah, the elderly segment. Very interesting. Especially with a 95 year old in the house.
I have a 75 yr old with me... he walks about 1.5 miles every morning along with a light exercise routine and his morning "Jumble"

Reaction Score
I record on DIRECTV from 7pm to midnight on CBS on Sunday to cover Football, etc. running over!
60 Minutes, Amazing Race, The Good Wife, and a couple more great shows!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
good episode on mental health (dad with slashes on his face from his son)

and mob boss Whitey Bulger

(damn football games, need to reset my dvr to last longer)

Reaction Score
Interestingly I didn't read this as a pitch for 60min as a story about coaching psy/strategy and our obs w/ "good" schools. Whenever I read that a recruit has chosen school A over B because of the good academics I laugh. Beyond getting a very expensive degree for playing bb, I have a difficult time seeing how a Div 1 bb player will be getting the best educ one can get by going to sch A over B. If you are serious about bb go to a school where you will play and learn a lot, cut the crop about doing both- getting a top educ while playing. This has become true for the women as it were for the men. A school like Standord carries a lot of players because they were good players but, were not devoted to the endless travelling and club ball, and they pay their own keep at the Univ out of pocket and/or fellowships.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
good episode on mental health (dad with slashes on his face from his son)

and mob boss Whitey Bulger

(damn football games, need to reset my dvr to last longer)
I hate recording and watching Sunday evening programming this time of year and needing to record the show after watch I want to watch for half of my show.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I hate recording and watching Sunday evening programming this time of year and needing to record the show after watch I want to watch for half of my show.
yup... before you could "add" 30-60 minutes to 60 Minutes, now you can only add 5 and must record the next show to get the rest of of 60 Minutes

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
It was a must watch in the early years but once Hewitt retired it became an example of POV tv. I enjoyed it before bias crept into it's story selection, story point of view and softball questions for the friends of the show. Ol' Mike and Don played it straight and that made it a great show.

On a side note, Andy Rooney lived nearby. He drove an old British sportcar (If I remember correctly, it was an Austin Healey) that would stall and refuse to restart at stop lights. As it happens, there is a stoplight a few hundred yards from his home. Soooooo, it was not unusual to come upon his car stalled at that light... dozens of times my buddies and I got out of my car and pushed until he popped the clutch and was on his way again. My mother and his wife were friends and according to my mom he never got the problem with that car fixed.

Boo

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Scott Pelley is cool, fresh and young(er)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom