OT: 1976 Title IX Protest Story w/ Local (Yale) and WBB (S. Storm) Appeal- Plus Question | The Boneyard

OT: 1976 Title IX Protest Story w/ Local (Yale) and WBB (S. Storm) Appeal- Plus Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
About the Title IX women's crew protest at Yale. . . LINK

This great read comes from a 2012 article from ESPN-W about an incident I (embarrassingly) knew nothing about. (In my defense, I did not live in Connecticut then and come from a decidedly crimson family.)

And Seattle Storm co-owner, Ginny Gilder was one of the team members who protested.

Any of you more local (and perhaps a wee bit older) than I recall this event?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
About the Title IX women's crew protest at Yale. . . LINK

This great read comes from a 2012 article from ESPN-W about an incident I (embarrassingly) knew nothing about. (In my defense, I did not live in Connecticut then and come from a decidedly crimson family.)

And Seattle Storm co-owner, Ginny Gilder was one of the team members who protested.

Any of you more local (and perhaps a wee bit older) than I recall this event?
Thank you for this!!! I will never understand why it isn't a given that ALL MEN / WOMEN are created equal and are due equal facilities, opportunities, and pay. I was raised that way. Opportunity meant you worked to do it, no handouts. These ladies worked for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom