Oriahki's final game stat line in the summer league | The Boneyard

Oriahki's final game stat line in the summer league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Vegas NBA summer league wrapped up. For the 6 games leading up to the playoff game, Oriakhi was averaging 2.3 points per game and in a remarkable show of basketball feng shui, 2.3 fouls per game.

The Warriors beat the suns 91-77 to win the vegas league playoff. Oriakhi finally got into the game with 1:58 remaining. At the time of the substitution the warriors were stomping the suns 89-72.

Oriakhi's Final Game Stats:
Minutes Played: 1:58
Points scored:2
Number of ways to say "Karma" in the extant languages found in Nigeria: 522
Application fee for expedited passport: $135
AO SR.'s jaw hitting the ground when he finds out how much airfare is to Bosnia- Priceless.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm over ripping on him. If it was his dad playing I'm sure we'd be fine continuing to criticize him. I would

Reaction Score
Stumbled across a couple of their games on NBA TV - watched briefly before surfing onto something else. Looked like Onuaku (formerly of Syracuse) took all those minutes. They are almost exactly the same size and build (to the point I kept thinking Onuaku was Alex), and Onuaku was getting serious playing time. The couple minutes Alex was in - he scored on a dunk off a nice pass from Kendall Marshall, didn't get a defensive rebound and complained about a foul all the way up court, then committed a blatant illegal screen in front of the ref he complained to and got called for it. Then immediately got another foul at the other end, was pulled and sulked.

I didn't post about it, because I knew it would be open season to pile on, but I thought to myself he looked like junior year Oriakhi again and that he was never going to even make it to training camp if he displayed that lack of mental discipline. Felt bad for him in a way, but it's his own doing. He complained about loyalty and stuff at UConn, but this is now the real world - you don't get anything given to you because you were drafted. It's a business. You have to play better than the guy in front of you, and if you fall back in the rotation it means work harder and keep your mouth shut. Hope it clicks for him at some point - they won't be sympathetic in Europe either. It's a business there too.

Reaction Score
Lets not repeat the countless threads on AO again.

IMHO-now it is time to wish him well- remember the NC he helped us win- and move on.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

IMHO-now it is time to wish him well- remember the NC he helped us win- and move on.
I remember the national championship Wane helped us win. And I wish both he and AO well in that they hold the same value to me. And one was classier than the other but I hold no favorites. I just prefer classier.

Reaction Score

This is what I think of this thread:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember the national championship Wane helped us win. And I wish both he and AO well in that they hold the same value to me. And one was classier than the other but I hold no favorites. I just prefer classier.

You're saying that Wane and AO were equal contributors to an NC? Are you insane?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
AO's softer than a loaf of wonder bread....

Next topic.

Reaction Score
Agree, I will gladly contribute some FF miles to provide him a way one-way ticket to some exotic overseas locale to continue his promising pro basketball career.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You're saying that Wane and AO were equal contributors to an NC? Are you insane?
Never said that, you interpreted that. It's a subjective feeling about AO and SW and not about the contributions. It's the way I choose to view those two players and NC's. My choice. My prerogative. AO contributed more certainly. But he wasn't Emeka in getting number 2. That role was Kemba. No Kemba no NC. But UConn most likely loses the first NC without the steal and dunk by Wane from Elton Brand. And that was precious to me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But UConn most likely loses the first NC without the steal and dunk by Wane from Elton Brand.

I loved that play, especially when you hear Packer's comment just prior. But "likely loses"? C'mon!

Reaction Score
He also hit a fadeaway over a double team in the second half to either tie it or give us the lead after we had been trailing the whole second half. Not sure what was more remarkable - that he made a shot over a double team or that he drew a double team in the first place.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
AO's softer than a loaf of wonder bread....

Next topic.

I guess Wonder Bread works, but you couldn't use Home Pride for AO. With that said, let's hope he makes a turn for the better.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I loved that play, especially when you hear Packer's comment just prior. But "likely loses"? C'mon!
To satisfy your sense of probabilities I will amend it to possibly loses. How possible is anyone's guess. The point is every play is significant. The point can be made that UConn could have won without AO. Odds are less than the absence of Wane but it is possible.

Reaction Score
Uconn could
To satisfy your sense of probabilities I will amend it to possibly loses. How possible is anyone's guess. The point is every play is significant. The point can be made that UConn could have won without AO. Odds are less than the absence of Wane but it is possible.

I doubt if Uconn would have won the NC in 2011 if AO was not in the equation. He was the Uconn's best player in the Final Four, according to Coach Calhoun during an interview. But I see your point that AO contributed more to UConn in that dream run vs. Wane's contribution in the other title run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom