Oregon | The Boneyard

Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
visit Eugene and take a look at their athletic facilities and then come back and tell me if you are still surprised how they pull talent

Reaction Score
their problem is getting that talent eligible and then keeping them eligible.

Reaction Score
We weren't recruiting this kid but I continue to be amazed at how they pull in talent to that clown show.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=11323
Sometimes its the campus life that sells, sometimes its the women, sometimes its the academics, sometimes its the challenge, sometimes its the atmosphere/scenery, sometimes its the logistics (e.g. country/city) etc... Who knows what the actually reason was but many times its not just basketball.

Every Div 1 school has an advantage that they market, and occasionally that one single advantage finds a talented target. I will say in many cases it works out for that target (academically, maturity, athletically, career, etc.), although maybe not the NBA.

As they say "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while."

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
It's interesting out here with hoops. Nobody cares. The blazers get some run but Oregon hoops gets no discussion anywhere. Sports in general are lower priority but football rules what is here. I think California/west coast city kids come to Oregon for many of the same lifestyle reasons as NYC kids go to UConn. Its the opposite of where they grew up but close enough to go home for a game or two each season. There are a lot of similarities. Add in the Nike connection and the fact that Oregon football has made them very well known at the national level and you can see why they get a look for west coast kids.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You guys are missing the forest for the trees (pun). It's the world class weed man. That's the draw.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Since when is Oregon weed world class? It's low grade dog food compared to Cali - or so I have been told through third parties.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Since when is Oregon weed world class? It's low grade dog food compared to Cali - or so I have been told through third parties.

Mushrooms then? World class mushrooms.

Reaction Score
Scot-e said:

There's a reason Jack Herer lived in Eugene.

Reaction Score

You can grow world-class weed anywhere if you know what you're doing.. or so I have been told through third parties

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
We have proved in the past that kids look at winning progs and Big Dance appearances. Remember when JC started the so called wise heads said we could never recruit urban players, they all wanted to go to DC, NY, Boston, etc. Winning cured that shibbleloth.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom