open scholarships 2014 | The Boneyard

open scholarships 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huskieforlife

i beileve we have 4 or 5 if brandon allen gives his up. we are recruiting lots of top kids, if you could choose 5 kids to get in 2014...... who

i got:

1. JT
2. AMA
3.KC
4.Chuck

if we get to 5 it would have to be for a guy like hill or ok4. not to be a downer but i dont think we get ok4, and if we get JT i think even though we have a chance with hill i doubt the comes

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
1. Abdul Malik-Abu
2. Jarred Terrell
3. Dwayne Morgan
4. Pascal Chukwu
5. Ahmed Hill/Khadeen Carrington

• In all honesty, Malik-Abu and Terrell are high priority. We need these two players. They're very good players and also will strengthen our hand in New England recruiting. Here is a short video of Terrell below. I've never seen this posted so here it is:

• Malik-Abu is also a must grab. This kid could do wonders for us down low. He has the ability to finish at the rim and the body to be Big East ready. Hopefully Ollie and the crew keep going after him hard. The last time he spoke about UConn, (I think it was in late December) he was very noticeable of our holes in the frontcourt and said he could fill it quite well.

• Dwayne Morgan is another great player. Although the chances of landing him aren't as high as the two above, we are still in the running. The longer Ollie can work this kid, I think the better. He can get minutes right away with Giffey graduating, which is important to a highly ranked recruit.
  • Chukwu is another player where I think we get. It's important to have a freakishly tall guy down low and it makes an immediate impact if he can implement himself well. There isn't much on him, so I hope he improves to develop a complete offensive game. He's already a beast defensively and that will carry over to college with some time. We need to keep him within the state of Connecticut.
  • Now Ahmed Hill is a top ranked guard. I really really love his game and he seems like a composed kid, loves Ollie, the game, academics, etc. Reminds me of Terrence Samuel on the character side of things. I really think our chances with him are really good. The only thing that will turn him away is Terrell, or any other shooting guard. Now if Carrington comes here I can realistically see Hill still want to come to UConn. But if Terrell and Carrington are Huskies, Hill is gone. Tricky situation. I mean we've had two highly recruited players at the same position come here before on the same year, (Rashad Anderson and Denham Brown). And it happens all the time with big-men, but Hill is a big time player and he will want minutes wherever he goes.
There are others, like Leron Black, Jahlil Okafor, Goodluck Okonoboh, and Shaq Aaron, but we haven't been going at these lads very hard. There will be others, but I think the above are the main targets for 2014. Hopefully we get all 5.
Sorry for the long post.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
What year is Kahari Beaufort? Where do we stand with this CT player?

Reaction Score
You could also add another scholarship if Boatright leaves after his junior season. I would love to land Okafor, but lets face it, he will most likely be one-and-done. If we could get a couple of good 3-4 year bigs, and have to not get Okafor, the program will probably be better in the long run.

Although, he would look mighty good in UCONN white and blue.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If we land Terrell and Carrington/Hill I highly doubt Jared Wilson-Frame and Beaufort would come to Storrs.

Reaction Score
If we land Terrell and Carrington/Hill I highly doubt Jared Wilson-Frame and Beaufort would come to Storrs.

That's fine with me..Am I missing something or wouldn't we rather have any combination of the 1st 3 before the last 2.....

Reaction Score
That's fine with me..Am I missing something or wouldn't we rather have any combination of the 1st 3 before the last 2.....
I agree with you completely. I want the first three way more than the last two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom