Oooh, What He Said! | The Boneyard

Oooh, What He Said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Bad, bad Geno. Tsk, tsk.

Sports Illustrated Nov. 9 hard copy WCBB Season Preview, Richard Deitsch. " 'If we are going to win a national championship, Katie Lou is going to be a big part of that, believe me,' Auriemma says."

Reaction Score
Bad, bad Geno. Tsk, tsk.

Sports Illustrated Nov. 9 hard copy WCBB Season Preview, Richard Deitsch. " 'If we are going to win a national championship, Katie Lou is going to be a big part of that, believe me,' Auriemma says."

What's the big deal? So what if Geno said it!

Reaction Score
Bad, bad Geno. Tsk, tsk.

What is wrong with what he said?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Bad, bad Geno. Tsk, tsk.

So what's the problem?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So what's the problem?

None. None at all. I guess it's just one of those things; you had to be there to appreciate the richness of Geno's opinion. We don't need to go back there.

Reaction Score
From the same article:

As they traveled through Europe in October as part of a U.S. National team pre-Olympic tour, UCONN coach Geno Auriemma and star senior forward Breanna Stewart continued a conversation that started the month before. "We talked about all the distractions and all the drama with wanting to win four national championships and do something no other college kid has done before," Auriemma says. "We talked about all the hoopla surrounding the WNBA draft [in which Stewart is the likely No. 1 pick]. We talked about all of those things so there are no surprises this year."
What would be a surprise? The Huskies not re-repeating as champion.

Auriemma has already addressed his team about what it will take to make history for seniors Stewart and Jefferson. "I think the biggest motivator for us," he says, "is we are the only team in America that wants us to win."

Reaction Score
Bad, bad Geno. Tsk, tsk.

Hey Rocky - Here is my take on this. Geno said, "If we are going to win a NC." If UConn is going to win Geno knows (& we all know) that the 5th starter and at least the 6th & 7th player will have to play well. Lou will be one of those 3 players and her outside shooting will be a major contribution. Just like last year KIA was a big part of the NC as the 5th starter and Stokes -Gabby were the 6th & 7th. I am just a little surprised that Geno is so open about it-- more than usual.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hey Rocky - Here is my take on this. Geno said, "If we are going to win a NC." If UConn is going to win Geno knows (& we all know) that the 5th starter and at least the 6th & 7th player will have to play well. Lou will be one of those 3 players and her outside shooting will be a major contribution. Just like last year KIA was a big part of the NC as the 5th starter and Stokes -Gabby were the 6th & 7th. I am just a little surprised that Geno is so open about it-- more than usual.

I agree. He's not saying anything about the identity of any 5th starter, but he does want to replace some of dead eye Kaleena's shooting.

Reaction Score
I agree. He's not saying anything about the identity of any 5th starter, but he does want to replace some of dead eye Kaleena's shooting.
Of course he does. The offense the last couple of years has been great. He's getting 4 of his 5 starters from last year back, and all he needs to do to replicate last season is find a 3-pt shooter that primarily does 3-pt shooting. Anyone else that he brings into the mix will do who knows what to the other 4 and their chemistry on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom