Only a year ago-UConn vs. Michigan State (NCAA Tournament - East Region - Elite Eight) | The Boneyard

Only a year ago-UConn vs. Michigan State (NCAA Tournament - East Region - Elite Eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
With all of the love Izzo has been receiving (from ESPN pundits) on his abilities as a tournament coach the past few days I am pissed that nobody has mentioned this game and that KO coached circles around Izzo.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
probably the loudest uconn game ever and i was home watching it... my friends went and said it was by far the best experience at a uconn game ever

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mmm, not sure if this makes me feel better or worse.

Reaction Score
Oh hell, now I'm going to lose two hours of my time on a Saturday.

Dammit, thanks a lot Swag! :mad:

No more 2 hour vids today folks, please. Off season is my rehab time. LOL

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That was such a great day. I've attended the Final Fours for all of our NCs except the last one, had attended the 2005 Sweet 16 in Worcester (NC State loss), as well as countless BET games and Championships, but I had never attended an Elite Eight game until last year. Great crowd, great game.

Reaction Score
Love the half time report " UConn is going to get blown out in second half" Charles Barkley

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Love the half time report " UConn is going to get blown out in second half" Charles Barkley
I loved Kenny throughout the whole tourney and what he and chuck had to say after the game

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
probably the loudest uconn game ever and i was home watching it... my friends went and said it was by far the best experience at a uconn game ever
Best $$$ Ive ever spent, the atmosphere for both sweet 16 and elite 8 were amazing taking the train down both days and buying the full strip was so worth it. Probably my favorite live sport experience.

Reaction Score
I loved Kenny throughout the whole tourney and what he and chuck had to say after the game
Right. Chuck was totally wrong and I think overly dismissive after the first half. But it's hard: they don't watch college basketball most of the year, and then they have a barrage of games on at once, so they sometimes say stupid things. Last night during the Utah/Duke game Kenny said something about how long Okafor had been on the bench in foul trouble, when he barely was. But it was clear he had been paying more attention to the Michigan State - Oklahoma game.

After the game, when he had clearly seen our guards, Chuck changed his mind. He was very clearly impressed. Kenny had seen it early, and was constantly talking us up.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I enjoyed watching this so much, I decided to watch the Florida game and the finals, too. There went most of my Sunday.

Things that struck me...
Phil had more good moments in those three games than in this entire season.
I REALLY miss Deandre. Except the Deandre that showed up against KY.
I really, really miss Bazz.
I had completely forgotten who scored the last two points of the season.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Best UConn game attended ever. At one point after the Shabazz pull up three in Dawson's face and the following Giffey breakaway dunk, I thought the student section was going to cause the upper section to collapse. Never have I seen a relatively small section of 200 students be so dis-proportionally loud.

After the game several older generation UConn fans from both upper and lower sections came to the student section to show appreciation for how rowdy we were, some even bought us beers.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Right. Chuck was totally wrong and I think overly dismissive after the first half. But it's hard: they don't watch college basketball most of the year, and then they have a barrage of games on at once, so they sometimes say stupid things. Last night during the Utah/Duke game Kenny said something about how long Okafor had been on the bench in foul trouble, when he barely was. But it was clear he had been paying more attention to the Michigan State - Oklahoma game.

After the game, when he had clearly seen our guards, Chuck changed his mind. He was very clearly impressed. Kenny had seen it early, and was constantly talking us up.
Kenny was actually the only national TV broadcaster/analyst that mentioned UConn as a "darkhorse" due to their elite guard play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom