One week until Maryland | The Boneyard

One week until Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
where are the spots to pregame? Stout is where we'll try and get to. Who's bringing the Ricky Moore face, the #slickrickfaveondemfolks, and #bullyseason signs? CAN'T WAIT!!

H

huskymagic

I can't wait to see the matchups. Brimah vs Stone should be fun. The guys we really need to worry about from Maryland are Jake Layman and Melo Trimble. I am not impressed with what I have seen from Stone and Carter. Brimah, Miller, Facey, and Enoch are more than enough to contain those 2 and even outplay them. We need to key in on both Layman and Trimble. Layman reminds me of a Giffey/Daniels combination with good hops to boot. Need to contain Melo Trimble's penetration. I don't like having Gibbs on him. Jalen will be needed immensely in this game to guard Trimble at the 3 point line and to prevent penetration. D-Ham needs to be ready for the defensive challenge against Layman.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I can't wait to see the matchups. Brimah vs Stone should be fun. The guys we really need to worry about from Maryland are Jake Layman and Melo Trimble. I am not impressed with what I have seen from Stone and Carter. Brimah, Miller, Facey, and Enoch are more than enough to contain those 2 and even outplay them. We need to key in on both Layman and Trimble. Layman reminds me of a Giffey/Daniels combination with good hops to boot. Need to contain Melo Trimble's penetration. I don't like having Gibbs on him. Jalen will be needed immensely in this game to guard Trimble at the 3 point line and to prevent penetration. D-Ham needs to be ready for the defensive challenge against Layman.
Layman and another white guy were annoying and chippy when we played them in '13. Seems layman has been there forever

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Big game tonight to see how Maryland plays

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Less than a week. Can't wait. I'm hoping for a big turnout. Any idea on the percentage? Stout for 6?

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Will be there as well will have half Huskies and half Twerps crew. Definitely hoping we have a bigger turnout than the UMD fans...Stout will be packed out as per usual

Reaction Score
Stone is improving with playing time and Carter looked good against NC, a strong player. We have our hands full.

Reaction Score
Layman and another white guy were annoying and chippy when we played them in '13. Seems layman has been there forever

Figures you weren't impressed with Carter. Watched the other night knowing your watchful eye would be so wrong.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm just 3 weeks past the hip replace surgery. While I'm starting to walk some distance, not sure if I'm ready for the ruff&tumble of a MSG crowd. But I will be sucking down the Manhattans at home if I stay in.

Sounds like it's going good for you. Continued luck!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm too old for this now. I used to be able to go to a 9:45 tip in the city, get home for 1:30 in the morning, and wake up for work the next day, but I can't handle that anymore sadly. I'll just watch at home with a glass of warm milk and nap at halftime.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I'm too old for this now. I used to be able to go to a 9:45 tip in the city, get home for 1:30 in the morning, and wake up for work the next day, but I can't handle that anymore sadly. I'll just watch at home with a glass of warm milk and nap at halftime.
I have to laugh. I am the same way. In fact I groaned when the seeding came out for BOA. 9:30 start against Michigan. AND I stayed at the Coral Towers with the Arena down the hall. My son laughed at me. With respect of course. Maryland game I will be sitting in my new family room. With comfortable recliners. It sucks getting older. Same with Monday Night Football.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I have to laugh. I am the same way. In fact I groaned when the seeding came out for BOA. 9:30 start against Michigan. AND I stayed at the Coral Towers with the Arena down the hall. My son laughed at me. With respect of course. Maryland game I will be sitting in my new family room. With comfortable recliners. It sucks getting older. Same with Monday Night Football.

I'm not even that old, still have another 9 months before I'm 30.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
sledog said:
I'm just 3 weeks past the hip replace surgery. While I'm starting to walk some distance, not sure if I'm ready for the ruff&tumble of a MSG crowd. But I will be sucking down the Manhattans at home if I stay in.

Pop some percocets and man up :)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Thanks. I'm walking 1+ miles already, and using the cane mainly to gain advantage at crosswalks - and perhaps to club vagrants &/or roudy MD fans should I actually go to MSG.

Get a wheelchair with spikes attached to the wheels. Maryland fans won't get within 5 feet of you.

Budget Option:

4.jpg

Fashion Forward Option:

lug-nut-spike-covers-dsc02331.jpg

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I feel your pain. Although mine was a full knee replacement. Takes time. Just be careful at home. I found myself charging the TV with my pillow a number of times. Going straight was okay but taking that turn back, not so good.

Reaction Score
I feel your pain. Although mine was a full knee replacement. Takes time. Just be careful at home. I found myself charging the TV with my pillow a number of times. Going straight was okay but taking that turn back, not so good.

I hear that knees are more complex and take longer to heal. I'm amazed that, after 3 weeks, I'm bombing around like I am. The 2-3 days after the op (I was supposed to leave hospital next day, but they kept me a second night because my BP dove to 50/30 after my first PT session - typical due to blood loss), I thought I was never going to get out of the hospital bed. I'll keep your anecdote about charging the TV in mind.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
will they be serving alcohol since it's a jimmy v event?

Reaction Score
Man I wish we were playing them in January. I don't think our defensive rotations are ready for a big game like this. Not really worried about our offense, but our defense is terrible at the moment. Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom