One play from the Monmouth game... | The Boneyard

One play from the Monmouth game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
...and I bet a lot of you can guess which one I'm thinking of.

Specifically I'm referring to The Lob.

Now, I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Stewie had a clear aerial pass the basket after she caught the pass from Mo in mid air. Instead, she drew an immediate blocking foul.

Of course, my guess is that Breanna would have thrown up and made a spectacular layup...but I think I'd give anything to see an alley-oop. A lot of dunks in WBB, such as they are, are not eye-poppingly impressive. An oop is an impressive, beautiful play, period. I think that if it's done at all, it would showcase UConn on ESPN for days. And if it's done at a critical point of a tight game? I think the opposition would be completely demoralized.

Will we see an alley-oop in WCBB? And is Mo-to-Stewie the way it's going to happen if it does?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
...and I bet a lot of you can guess which one I'm thinking of.

Specifically I'm referring to The Lob.

Now, I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Stewie had a clear aerial pass the basket after she caught the pass from Mo in mid air. Instead, she drew an immediate blocking foul.

Of course, my guess is that Breanna would have thrown up and made a spectacular layup...but I think I'd give anything to see an alley-oop. A lot of dunks in WBB, such as they are, are not eye-poppingly impressive. An oop is an impressive, beautiful play, period. I think that if it's done at all, it would showcase UConn on ESPN for days. And if it's done at a critical point of a tight game? I think the opposition would be completely demoralized.

Will we see an alley-oop in WCBB? And is Mo-to-Stewie the way it's going to happen if it does?

Like I said when it happened, I would bet they do it in practice. But Stewart won't attempt it in a game. She had a clear breakaway a few games ago and laid it in. She could have easily dunked.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
If the opposition is not demoralized by our superior and relentless effort and precision they won't be demoralized by a particular play.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If the opposition is not demoralized by our superior and relentless effort and precision they won't be demoralized by a particular play.
Even men's teams have taken a confidence hit after an alley oop, especially "in traffic".

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Even men's teams have taken a confidence hit after an alley oop, especially "in traffic".

Sorry, not a good team, the type of team that could create a tight situation with the women, if there is such a team. Even with not such a good team I think the "confidence hit" is more imagined by the fans than real in the minds of true competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom