One notch I want for UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

One notch I want for UConn

Reaction Score
I would like #7 to be against whoever because Duke lost in the first round to St. Ignatius School of Mines.

We already beat Duke in a title game. No need to do it again.
Right. Duke might hang a banner, cry a little, and go into the offseason happy. Much happier for them to lose in the first round to a 16 or something.

I was worried this year we were going to get Duke in the title game after they beat the injured Houston team. Not because I was worried they'd beat us—we'd have beaten them by double what we beat Purdue—but because it would give Scheyer some credibility. And then along came an 11 seeded NC State, which is perhaps the only way an E8 can feel like a failure. Made me quite happy...

Lose Willy Wonka GIF

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think it would be really cool to complete the triple double (third time men & women win in same year), but at the moment priority #1 is doing something only John Wooden has ever done (three in a row).

Reaction Score
Damn . . . . . . . . . UConn fans expecting Championships, we have arrived.

Reaction Score
We never played our virtuoso A game at any point in the postseason. Would have been nice for America to see how great this team really was.

Reaction Score
We were nowhere near the team we became when we played KU. To think that game was two bad feet on Cam and a front rim 3 from winning at Allen just shows how superior we actually were. If we had played them at any time after Jan 1 Uconn wins going away even at Allen.
We were lucky to be in that game in the first half. Newton was playing out of his mind making shot clock buzzer beaters.

But yes, no Castle and Cam hobbling around, no question we win otherwise. But Kansas is a very good team. Their best player on offense and defense goes out for the year, and they are forgotten title contenders.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I want another year of domination victories.

I want other schools to dread having to play Uconn.

I want our guys to play with the intensity of our coaching staff.

I want the entire team to get excited about getting on campus early this summer because it's their
identity and destiny.

I want our guys to continue to re-define what real blue blood is and put the old vision into a dumpster someplace.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Maybe winning our conference opener one of these years should be a long term goal.
So much this. It’s so crazy, although at this point maybe it’s mojo? Idk

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
...then 12 NCs to best UCLA

...then I'll die happy.
If I had that attitude, then I'd have to live to 85 at the bare minimum. And I don't think my heart would take 5 in a row, much less 8.

Reaction Score
My wish list item is Hurley treats this job like Calhoun. Or Izzo or Coach K where he sets roots, makes this his career cornerstone and carries what he’s built forward for another decade or longer.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I want what I always want, a team I enjoy rooting for, that plays well on both ends of the court. It's entertainment from October to March. As long as I'm genuinely looking forward to each game, I'm good.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I want #7 to be versus Duke. I want the camera to cut to confetti falling on Calhoun standing next to Rod Sellers, Johnnie Selvie, Jerome Dyson, Tony Robertson and Caron.
Last time I stood next to Jerome Dyson, we were at a craps table in New Orleans LA in like 2013.

Reaction Score
Beyond #7, beyond another regular season BE title and BET win which are all clearly top 3 in that order I want, as a DISTANT 4th, one specific OOC victory some day, beat Kansas! UConn is 0-4 vs Kansas. Got absolutely drubbed in the mid 90s, 88-59 followed the next year by a respectable 74-66. There was the 8 vs 1 game where UConn lost 73-61 and most recently 69-65. I don't care when or where, I want a shot at Kansas, time to get that monkey off UConns back.

Beyond the obvious, what notch do you want for UConn?
I thought we kind of got hosed in that Kansas game. I remember thinking that while they had their shining moment at home beating us, maybe all that home cooking might not be a good thing for them.

They looked quite beatable away from home and ordinary in the tourney.

I agree though the OCC top 25 regular season record is embarrassing - we need more W’s - put some more on the schedule!

Reaction Score
Undefeated. Only way it can really top this season.
Oh man i could see the BSPN lead after the title game "Uconn wins its 3rd straight national title going a record 40-0 but more on that story later, first we go to Indiana and find out what Caitlyn Clark ate for breakfast today." :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I’d kinda like UConn to get a NCAA Tourney buzzer beater, the kind that would get play year-after-year. Like if Kemba vs Pitt was in the Elite 8.

But that would mean no more double digit streak so I’ll live….

Reaction Score

I’d kinda like UConn to get a NCAA Tourney buzzer beater, the kind that would get play year-after-year. Like if Kemba vs Pitt was in the Elite 8.

But that would mean no more double digit streak so I’ll live….
Ok I forgot Rip. It gets thrown in highlight reels, though not as much as Jenkins/Nova, Whittenberg/NC St, all those

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom