Once a Week We Should Be Serious | The Boneyard

Once a Week We Should Be Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There has been chatter over the last month or so about a deteriorating demographic for women as head coaches in women's basketball. This article explores it in a thoughtful way and includes one of my favorite female people.

Then, there is this:

“The Center for Coaching Excellence has been around six or seven years and is one of our most popular programs,” says Donehew. “What’s interesting is that the initial funding for it came from a grant from the NCAA—and a donation from Geno Auriemma."

http://www.newsweek.com/youve-got-male-first-time-only-men-coaching-womens-final-four-teams-442213

Reaction Score
As I mentioned elsewhere yesterday, it should be noted that aside from the gender of the coaches, Q is the first African-American male coach to bring a women's team to the FF. Kudos to Coach Hillsman and to his annoyingly orange team.

Reaction Score
And of course, Geno gave a lead gift in raising money for the Pat Summit fund. He was raised with old-time values of community and charity.

Okay, I'll bite: which one mentioned in the article is one of your favorite female people? I'm guessing Rebecca or Kara....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As I mentioned elsewhere yesterday, it should be noted that aside from the male coaches, Q is the first African-American male coach to bring a women's team to the FF. Kudos to Coach Hillsman to his annoyingly orange team.

Carolyn Peck, as far as race goes, did it a while ago. So it's still a male thing. My greatest concern about Tuesday night, beyond a decent/fair shake reffing game, is that SYR's chippiness does not get too, too chippy. They do carry Q's small man syndrome into the game and I was amazed at what they got away with in the Wash. game.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And of course, Geno gave a lead gift in raising money for the Pat Summit fund. He was raised with old-time values of community and charity.

Okay, I'll bite: which one mentioned in the article is one of your favorite female people? I'm guessing Rebecca or Kara....

Definitely one of them!

Reaction Score
Carolyn Peck, as far as race goes, did it a while ago. So it's still a male thing. My greatest concern about Tuesday night, beyond a decent/fair shake reffing game, is that SYR's chippiness does not get too, too chippy. They do carry Q's small man syndrome into the game and I was amazed at what they got away with in the Wash. game.

Whoa, Rock, last time I looked C. Peck was a lady (or at least female). Q is the FIRST black MALE head coach, etc.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Whoa, Rock, last time I looked C. Peck was a lady (or at least female). Q is the FIRST black MALE head coach, etc.

Eye drops? "Carolyn Peck, as far as race goes, did it a while ago. So it's still a male thing." So, race, been done, and moving on to the male thing. You're forgiven for your lack of faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom